Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Future of the Machine Nation ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:59 pm

MikeW wrote:
Am actually failing to work up any enthusiasm for going back to P.ie for the moment. Might stay here and watch the tumbleweed after everyone else has gone (anyone got a tumbleweed smilie?).
The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 Tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 pm

MikeW wrote:
Am actually failing to work up any enthusiasm for going back to P.ie for the moment. Might stay here and watch the tumbleweed after everyone else has gone (anyone got a tumbleweed smilie?).

Me too Mike. We can play tumbleweed tennis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 pm

TheBear wrote:
MikeW wrote:

I love it when the answer to a rhetorical question is "Well actually, yes".

Now how do I actually use that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm

MikeW wrote:
TheBear wrote:
MikeW wrote:

I love it when the answer to a rhetorical question is "Well actually, yes".

Now how do I actually use that?
Right-click on the image, select "Copy image location" and insert it into a post using the The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3  code. (Obviously, you insert the location between those who bits of code.)

I found this, and lots of other cool ones, at this website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Cool....

*Thwack*

15 - love

your serve EM....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Bear I have to admit I never used the copy image location option ... if there's two ways of using a computer I'll use the harder way.

(does that work on the google images links too? guesses first, please)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm

I'll be sticking around too, though I hope to discuss some politics while I'm here. Remember politics, our raison d'etre?

This has to be the best: The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 Beer

Let's start a thread on beer to celebrate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 pm

905 wrote:

This has to be the best: The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 Beer

Let's start a thread on beer to celebrate.

Now if you're serious about your beer...

http://www.irishcraftbrewer.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Bear I have to admit I never used the copy image location option ... if there's two ways of using a computer I'll use the harder way.

(does that work on the google images links too? guesses first, please)
I can't think of what the harder way is. Unless you mean copying the image, hosting it, and using it that way? That'd be crazy.

Re Google images links, I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I've found images using Google, taken the location address and used that to post the image on p.ie before, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:00 pm

MikeW wrote:

Cool....

*Thwack*

15 - love

your serve EM....

*Pttwang*

New tumbleweeds please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:28 pm

At the very bottom of this page there's a button/tag/thing with a proper tecchie name that I don't know...

...but it's called statistics and it's pretty dinky.

WARNING
(Not suitable for those in denial about their discussion forum addiction issues)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Funny I was expecting p.ie not to resurrect till Easter but theres no reason why this neat site cannot continue to carve out its own niche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 pm

TT wrote:
Funny I was expecting p.ie not to resurrect till Easter but theres no reason why this neat site cannot continue to carve out its own niche.
Keep going on like that and the Bosses'll make you moderator of something yet! And if there's nothing there to mod they'll invent something Very Happy

It's growth anyway, isn't it? There was a need more than an opportunity and someone saw it and now there's a bit more than there was before..

(are you still getting glitchy twitches with the refresh sometimes? I'm on linux/firefox and getting shitty little refresh issues. Guess it's the zeros and ones on this side because Vista/IE shows no hassles...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
TT wrote:
Keep going on like that and the Bosses'll make you moderator of something yet! And if there's nothing there to mod they'll invent something Very Happy

It's growth anyway, isn't it? There was a need more than an opportunity and someone saw it and now there's a bit more than there was before..

(are you still getting glitchy twitches with the refresh sometimes? I'm on linux/firefox and getting shitty little refresh issues. Guess it's the zeros and ones on this side because Vista/IE shows no hassles...)

Yay! Go Vist/IE for once!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:09 am

I like the Irish section here too. Thinking of adding a new game soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 am

riadach wrote:
That last one is still going strong... although I couldn't pronounce the word for 'squirrel' for the life of me (was that one of the words on bosco - o no, that's Gregory Gráineog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
TT wrote:

I haven't had any problems since the start on Firefox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:54 pm

No problems at all with Firefox? Is everything running nice and smoothly for you with it because it reloads with a bigger font for me sometimes all wonkily but I think that's my OS, not the browser. I think TT had something similar although they could have been referring to other little glitches that definitely exist around the place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Yeah, I'm on firefox as well, and its a bit argumentative. Overlapping frames, different font sizes, the colour gradation on the sides extending across. Its only occasional, and goes away pretty fast though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:26 pm

That describes what I'm getting Mike - phew ! - my graphics card isn't dying so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
No problems at all with Firefox? Is everything running nice and smoothly for you with it because it reloads with a bigger font for me sometimes all wonkily but I think that's my OS, not the browser. I think TT had something similar although they could have been referring to other little glitches that definitely exist around the place.
None at all. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
riadach wrote:
That last one is still going strong... although I couldn't pronounce the word for 'squirrel' for the life of me (was that one of the words on bosco - o no, that's Gregory Gráineog.

yurrah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Machine Nation is now number 1 when you stick it into Google. The future is secured when that sort of thing is happening. Machine Nation, it's on the march!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Machine Nation is now number 1 when you stick it into Google. The future is secured when that sort of thing is happening. Machine Nation, it's on the march!
Ohhh - the topic had gone off topic and now this !! Ard-Taoiseach you are indeed a bringer of good news - that's great !! Weyhey !

(uuoo we'll have to get a few things tidied up if we're going to be presenting ourselves to the world like that .. )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:02 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ohhh - the topic had gone off topic and now this !! Ard-Taoiseach you are indeed a bringer of good news - that's great !! Weyhey !

(uuoo we'll have to get a few things tidied up if we're going to be presenting ourselves to the world like that .. )

Darn. And I'm not getting my hair done until tomorrow...

(whips out lipstick and puts back on heels to make self more presentable)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Machine Nation ?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next