Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Future of the Machine Nation ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:38 am

have you no access to the gaeilge forums? is Riadach too liberal with the baton?

everyone should have normal user privileges for the Gaeilge forum so post your pitchers there and we'll try to guess what they are.

What does a mod do ? Want to find out ?

if you are having difficulty uploading or posting pictures then I can give pm you a small tutorial i have thrun together to get you started. you could be another guinea pig as to its effectiveness as a teaching aid...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:43 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
have you no access to the gaeilge forums? is Riadach too liberal with the baton?

everyone should have normal user privileges for the Gaeilge forum so post your pitchers there and we'll try to guess what they are.

What does a mod do ? Want to find out ?

if you are having difficulty uploading or posting pictures then I can give pm you a small tutorial i have thrun together to get you started. you could be another guinea pig as to its effectiveness as a teaching aid...

Not here - in P.ie. I kept posting asking for bilingual threads as am a willing absolute beginner and was kicked out every time - policy was that you couldn't post in Irish in an english thread in case the Mod couldn't understand something scannalous and vice versa.

Yes please to the tutorial, but next week if possible as I have to take a trip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 am

p.ie - tsk !

tutorial
I pmmd it to you - have a look when you come down off your trip. Reminds me I'm off on a jaunt for the weekend too - I could feck off tomorrow if I wanted to...

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 am

ibis wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
ibis wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
So just let it develop organically, me aould flower ?

Either that, or you'll have to moderate the bejaysus out of it, I think.
I know there's a Third Way, I'm sure of it...

Hmm. P.ie is combative, indymedia is repressive, so is Boards.ie's politics section. I wonder what would happen if in true anarchist fashion, you gae everyone the power to moderate? Groupthink?

Yes. The opposite of communism (the dictatorship side). That crossed my mind during the refuge days.

I think now is a good time to try it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:01 am

give everone the power to moderate ? wouldn't there be names everywhere like

Food Forum
moderators: Kate P, ibis, Edo, evm, cactus, Ard-Taoiseach .. etc.?
Humour Forum

It would give a bad name to Anarchy again!!

Any of ye can pick and choose a forum to moderate, I don't mind at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:06 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Food Forum
Humour Forum

You could put the names of the fora into a hat, the names of users into another hat and draw them out in pairs. The username drawn would moderate the forum drawn at the same time. Simplicity and equality, the Machine Nation way.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:06 am

I think there is method in the madness. And it would be very unique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:21 am

anyone got a random generator handy so?

well, would moderating not be more suited to a person's interests ? I say there should be a pair of mods - one random one, one by choice. Kate is already at food and BranDubh in history. I reckon Ard-Taoiseach would be happy in business and money...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:24 am

Being a mod of something random would be great. As would having a mod buddy. The food forum could take over the world...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:31 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Food Forum
Humour Forum

You could put the names of the fora into a hat, the names of users into another hat and draw them out in pairs. The username drawn would moderate the forum drawn at the same time. Simplicity and equality, the Machine Nation way.

Hmm. And what shall we do with new recruits? I was thinking they might reach a certain number of posts, and if no-one disagrees, bump, they get to moderate as well. Of course, it leaves us open to DC coming here bent on destruction of his rivals, and, after a period of inoffensiveness, moderating us all out of existence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 am

In that case a maximum of two thirds of us should moderate at any one time for a specified period. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:35 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
anyone got a random generator handy so?

well, would moderating not be more suited to a person's interests ? I say there should be a pair of mods - one random one, one by choice. Kate is already at food and BranDubh in history. I reckon Ard-Taoiseach would be happy in business and money...

I would be happy to moderate Business and Money only what does a Moderator have to do? Do we get an e-mail with some sort of key in it that unlocks the inner sanctum of the site? I'd be a good Mod, I'd be fair and balanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:37 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Food Forum
Humour Forum

Hmm. And what shall we do with new recruits? I was thinking they might reach a certain number of posts, and if no-one disagrees, bump, they get to moderate as well. Of course, it leaves us open to DC coming here bent on destruction of his rivals, and, after a period of inoffensiveness, moderating us all out of existence.

I was thinking that if new fora were opened, then all recruits names would go into a hat, the name would be drawn and they would moderate.

We could then draw other names after this one to replace the Mod if the Mod was offensive, didn't like the position or deleted( Shocked ) their account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:38 am

Kate P wrote:
In that case a maximum of two thirds of us should moderate at any one time for a specified period. Wink

As long as that doesn't change our relative moderating influences!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:42 am

ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:

As long as that doesn't change our relative moderating influences!

Relative? Surely all Mods' powers would be equal?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 am

Lads, calm down. Nobody is going to walk in here and get permissions. They will have to be known. I "know" everyone here except Atticus. OK.
Same with A#9 I suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Lads, calm down. Nobody is going to walk in here and get permissions. They will have to be known. I "know" everyone here except Atticus. OK.
Same with A#9 I suspect

But maybe I'm lying.......
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:54 am

MikeW wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Same with A#9 I suspect

But maybe I'm lying.......

Maybe, though unlikely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 am

Ah, the first bit of paranoia on MN...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:27 am

Something that I came across, in respect of a point made by Auditor at the time of the original outage...where he asked "why is there no government forum?". There still isn;t an Irish government one, but I hadn't realised that there is an EU one here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:35 am

Oh god this EU forum is wonderful, try this

one..http://forums.ec.europa.eu/debateeurope/viewtopic.php?t=1207
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:36 am

The future's bright, the future's a wide-ranging palette of blues!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:38 am

And quite a few members there too. Far too EU intense for my liking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:40 am

My third post of the evening lost - is it happening to anyone else?

The EU thread was about
Debananaization of Post Communist Central Europe

Could we organise a school trip there one day?

Is Ard Taoiseach making a subtle appeal for something with a bit more contrast?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 am

cactus flower wrote:

Is Ard Taoiseach making a subtle appeal for something with a bit more contrast?

Ard-Taoiseach says a lot of things. It is up to you to find out what they mean!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Machine Nation ?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next