Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Disappearing Act of Machine Nation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Disappearing Act of Machine Nation Empty
PostSubject: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:04 pm

We seem to be doing a bit of a disappearing act at Machine Nation. If all else fails, google the Irish pages for Machine Nation and leave any messages there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:05 pm

You seem to be back.

You seem to have lost whatever entries there were last night-early morning. Who posted is there but not the content of each post.

Last edited by Squire on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Squire wrote:
You seem to be back.

We seem to be missing all yesterday's posts, but otherwise functioning.

I hope I've not lost my Adam Smith stuff. I don't think it attracted a lot of third party interest, but Adam and I were flying it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 1:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Squire wrote:
You seem to be back.

We seem to be missing all yesterday's posts, but otherwise functioning.

I hope I've not lost my Adam Smith stuff. I don't think it attracted a lot of third party interest, but Adam and I were flying it.

I have just added (above) about the posts of last night.

Best of luck with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 pm

A good few blank posts but otherwise it's up and running? Not bad for 6 months I suppose - the price you pay for a free site but could happen to a bishop.

That's the wonkiest it went though - there were some formatting upsets before but losing posts is serious. We'll have to see if today's ones get written to their disk or whatever they have.

The Credit Crisis is even Crucifying our site .

Forumotion are dealing with it HERE (Note the first post Laughing ) They're saying that any posts made on Sunday are lost forever but the forums are getting back to normal with major new functionality being tacked on over the next while as compensation. The big geeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
A good few blank posts but otherwise it's up and running? Not bad for 6 months I suppose - the price you pay for a free site but could happen to a bishop.

That's the wonkiest it went though - there were some formatting upsets before but losing posts is serious. We'll have to see if today's ones get written to their disk or whatever they have.

The Credit Crisis is even Crucifying our site .

Forumotion are dealing with it HERE (Note the first post Laughing ) They're saying that any posts made on Sunday are lost forever but the forums are getting back to normal with major new functionality being tacked on over the next while as compensation. The big geeks.

Whew - posts gone for good eh? No-one will ever get to see johnfás whup the hide off me again Smile *relief*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Isn't there some body which is backing up everything ever written on the net, much to the annoyance of various other bodies? Maybe they could help us in future Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh God ... terrible flashbacks ... I was nearly driven to P.ie! Have we forgotten that the reason for this website, it's very raisn d'etre, is NOT to crash and leave us isolated? I can't believe we left that out of the charter.

And I had so many controversial and insightful posts which are now lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Auditor #9 - could we have a plan B for how we could get back in touch in the event of a Big Outage? I wouldn't like to go through the pre-Refuge trauma again. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Act of Machine Nation   Disappearing Act of Machine Nation Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Act of Machine Nation
Page 1 of 1