Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Publicising Machine Nation

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Publicising Machine Nation Empty
PostSubject: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:10 am

want to start a thread on this to work on

see creating a sitemap

http://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/text-sitemap-t9480.htm

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct spelling.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for that lostexpectation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:46 am

cactus flower wrote:
Thanks for that lostexpectation.

and thanks for this, WorldbyStorm

www.irishblogs.ie/theme/iron-man-downey-jnr-robert-downey-favreau-batman-begins/+machine+nation&hl=ga&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=ie" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">link

Is there any way we can make sure people who do an Irish Google search for us can find a link to Machine Nation. At the moment (presumably because we are in the US) it is not possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:18 am

lost thanks for that - I did most of that but still need to put the sitemap on a search engine. Machine Nation is pretty visible on the web though - as long as you type in Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:55 pm

the admin panel general configuration says this

PingbacksSend notifications to web services specialized in Blog referencing
BlogFluxhttp://www.blogflux.com/
Google Blog Search http://www.google.com/
Ping-o-Matic! http://www.pingomatic.com/
Weblogs! http://www.weblogs.com/

and i think we've had them checked since day one, but i can't find any of the blogs in any blog serach engines
i added these auto pings for technorati and googleseach

still can't find any blogs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:07 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
the admin panel general configuration says this

PingbacksSend notifications to web services specialized in Blog referencing
BlogFluxhttp://www.blogflux.com/
Google Blog Search http://www.google.com/
Ping-o-Matic! http://www.pingomatic.com/
Weblogs! http://www.weblogs.com/

and i think we've had them checked since day one, but i can't find any of the blogs in any blog serach engines
i added these auto pings for technorati and googleseach

still can't find any blogs...

Thanks very much lostexpectation. It would be nice to get the blogs fully findable and easier to see on this site and to have them looking nice and spruced up. People are finding us I think mainly through CLR, Indymedia and P.ie. Some other links are being investigated. I looked at your video of Rath Lugh - very interesting. May the fairies eat them for breakfast I say. Twisted Evil

I think Auditor is on his holiers for a few days. Maybe back tomorrow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:34 pm

ah yes reciprocal links, linking is important as anything else, could you send around a pm about adding links to machine nation from other forums/sites people post to, we already have many forums listed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Do the founders want it described as political and social forum blog rather then just a political one yes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:47 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
Do the founders want it described as political and social forum blog rather then just a political one yes?

I'd say so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:50 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
ah yes reciprocal links, linking is important as anything else, could you send around a pm about adding links to machine nation from other forums/sites people post to, we already have many forums listed.

I'll do a group pm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:11 pm

yes i could do but its better of regular users do it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Can somebody be beaten to death over the thread title, please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Might be a bit ecstreme
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:32 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Might be a bit ecstreme

A mild flogging for you, so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:08 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Can somebody be beaten to death over the thread title, please?

It would be so satisfying, it'd almost be wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:35 am

I like the title. It contains a perfectly good neologism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm just bumping this thread. This seems like a good time to have another look about making Machine Nation findable to people who would like to post here.
There are a few sites that list Irish fora that perhaps we could register on?

Is there anyone who has time at the moment who could help with this?

People have made some good suggestions. Any more ideas?

Information on how people came across MN would be good too as it would help us to know how best to be findable.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Is there a way of getting your result to come up in Google when you type in key words? "Irish Politics" "Irish Community" for instance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:48 pm

johnfás wrote:
Is there a way of getting your result to come up in Google when you type in key words? "Irish Politics" "Irish Community" for instance.

This is a conundum to me - EVM and Audi know far more about the technicalities and lost gave some good suggestions.

I wonder if Damien would give us a link ? http://www.mulley.net/2006/11/22/irish-politics-blogs-who-are-they-all/

We get lots of hits from google and msn bots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 pm

http://www.independent.ie/topics/Irish+Politics

In google search this site has Irish Politics - Independent.ie as its shortcut - I wonder how that works?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 pm

GUBU » Irish PoliticsAn Irish woman’s social, political and domestic commentary .... Posted in International Politics, Irish Politics at 3:00 pm. Wow..well there ya go. ...
www.sarahcarey.ie/category/irish-politics/ - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

This site is very well steered towards a search under Irish poliics too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Irish Blogs: Politics & Gov. & SocietyThe Cedar Lounge Revolution is a undogmatic, unapologetic left-wing Irish blog, covering Irish and international politics, music, books, ...
www.irishblogdirectory.com/Politics___Gov____Society/index.html - 21k -

And so does this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 pm

IRELAND LOCAL.IE, Ireland Media and Politics: Irish Political ForumsIrish Election News Online, Contact: Ireland Local.ie Irish Political Prisoner Information Irish Political Prisoner Information, Contact: Ireland Local.ie ...
www.local.ie/Ireland_Media_and_Politics/Irish_Political_Forums/index.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

One to get listed on?

And another

http://www.irelandandirish.com/forums/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 pm

I've asked Cian of irishpolitics to put us on his forum, the CLR have us on theirs and it would be very nice if Mr. Mulley were to put us on his and we could reciprocate. I think he's a bit more famous than us though. He's also got a few interesting techie fellas as buddies too.

I don't know much about getting into the google search pages up high - I really think we're getting listed in google you just have to look for the threads on google because there are sites who always get higher hits than us so is that because of higher hit rates overall or do they pay google?

I've a feeling that one of the best ways of doing it at the moment is to network and that takes time. I see cactus has started doing it above. There are some great sites out there which get swamped by other shite in a google search but I've found that of them which turn up with a lucky search have links to other similar sites. Maybe that's one of the ways.

I'll create a sitemap which lostexpectation put me on to at the start and allows google to search the site better but it only lists only 500 threads max ... Thread titles might be made more descriptive too maybe so someone might find them with a search.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I've asked Cian of irishpolitics to put us on his forum, the CLR have us on theirs and it would be very nice if Mr. Mulley were to put us on his and we could reciprocate. I think he's a bit more famous than us though. He's also got a few interesting techie fellas as buddies too.

I don't know much about getting into the google search pages up high - I really think we're getting listed in google you just have to look for the threads on google because there are sites who always get higher hits than us so is that because of higher hit rates overall or do they pay google?

I've a feeling that one of the best ways of doing it at the moment is to network and that takes time. I see cactus has started doing it above. There are some great sites out there which get swamped by other shite in a google search but I've found that of them which turn up with a lucky search have links to other similar sites. Maybe that's one of the ways.

I'll create a sitemap which lostexpectation put me on to at the start and allows google to search the site better but it only lists only 500 threads max ... Thread titles might be made more descriptive too maybe so someone might find them with a search.

I'll have a go at getting us onto those fora lists
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation Empty

Back to top Go down

Publicising Machine Nation
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next