Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Publicising Machine Nation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Sarah Carey is kinda famous too I think. You might have to seriously sweet-talk her. Would some of these people be up for cheap bribes? They must be hard up if they resort to blogging all day.

What about Grandad? Maybe he'd link us - we invaded him at one stage and he was fairly nice - he even joined The Refuge. www.headrambles.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Sarah Carey is kinda famous too I think. You might have to seriously sweet-talk her. Would some of these people be up for cheap bribes? They must be hard up if they resort to blogging all day.

What about Grandad? Maybe he'd link us - we invaded him at one stage and he was fairly nice - he even joined The Refuge. www.headrambles.com

I was more just looking at what their shortcut and address shows up as. Too technical for me. Does anyone know what decides what a site's shortcut is going to be? Ours comes up as "Machine Nation - machine nation home"

Last edited by cactus flower on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm

How do you mean the site shortcut?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
How do you mean the site shortcut?

The underlined title that is at the top of the site description on Google search results. Ours is Machine Nation - Machine Nation home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 am

Right. That can be changed fairly easily. Do you think something else might be more appropriate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 am

Max 48 characters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am

I can also put in some meta-tags on the site homepage so that might get hits though ibis didn't think so. What should I write down there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:50 am

Machine Nation - Forum for Irish and World Politics Society Technology Environment

?? What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:54 am

Or

Irish Politics Society Technology and Environment - Machine Nation Forum

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:01 am

cactus flower wrote:
Machine Nation - Forum for Irish and World Politics Society Technology Environment

?? What do you think?

Yeah something like that is ok. It seems to be the thread names that get the hits though. I just googled the three words personal world outlook and the thread here came up on google's second page which is pretty good you know.

I googled the gobbledegook that was there previously - irish lisbon wind energy get involved etc. and it came up on the third page... so it's the threads that get the hits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:06 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

?? What do you think?

Yeah something like that is ok. It seems to be the thread names that get the hits though. I just googled the three words personal world outlook and the thread here came up on google's second page which is pretty good you know.

I googled the gobbledegook that was there previously - irish lisbon wind energy get involved etc. and it came up on the third page... so it's the threads that get the hits.

No its not the gbldgk - its the top line I was talking about - ours is Machine Nation - Machine Nation home. Is it possible to change the Machine Nation home bit to something else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:09 am

Sorry yes it is possible to change that. How did you encounter that anyway? a simple google of 'machine' 'nation' ?

I'll change it to what you have up there - this

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 am

http://silverpond.eu/machinenation/index.php?blog=2&m=200301&page=1

I just Googled Machine Nation on Irish Google and this came up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Sorry yes it is possible to change that. How did you encounter that anyway? a simple google of 'machine' 'nation' ?

I'll change it to what you have up there - this

This might be better?

Irish Politics Society Technology and Environment - Machine Nation Forum

Yes - from Googling Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 am

cactus flower wrote:

Put out that fag if you've just logged on over there ! He's some man for making programs like that. It's a serious bit of work he's undertaking there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:20 am

Any keywords for the site you'd want there? There's a metatags area and I'm putting in some now. The best words will get the biggest hits. If you were a man or a nurse I'd tell you what I'm putting in there but you're not so I'll keep it secret. I might need a few civilized words though so feel free to spout them up.

How about local ones Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:20 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Put out that fag if you've just logged on over there ! He's some man for making programs like that. It's a serious bit of work he's undertaking there.

Anyone doing a search for us and selecting Irish search will find him, not us. He'd better put up a No Smoking sign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Any keywords for the site you'd want there? There's a metatags area and I'm putting in some now. The best words will get the biggest hits. If you were a man or a nurse I'd tell you what I'm putting in there but you're not so I'll keep it secret. I might need a few civilized words though so feel free to spout them up.

I don't know what a metatag is ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:43 am

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

I don't know what a metatag is ...
That makes two of us but it does sound important doesn't it !

I'd say it's that gbldgk that yourself or EvotingMachine0197 posted here at some stage - the stuff that google sees he calls it. That's the stuff that we can put our own words into. Have you any?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 am

Irish Politics Chat World Ecology Stiglitz Economy ISEQ ??

Kind of stuff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:49 am

How about we go undercover in Boards.ie? Most publicisers I know who try to draw attention to their site make the mistake of being obvious and starting threads with links in them.

Why don't we be more subtle and simply set up accounts and PM people we want to join our site. It's neat, it's private and it'll get the punters in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:52 am

Yes, I hadn't thought of the book threads. That kind of stuff is great for bots who haven't a clue about grammar or anything.

There are always smart, killer thread names and keywords we could use too but we'd need to find them.

Edit
Ard Taoiseach has come around with a nice winter passtime too - advertise covertly on boards and get some nice people posting here. Is there a law against that? A lot of forums have rules where you're not allowed to post details of another forum on theirs which is a bit nutty. It's like M. Night. Shymalan's The Village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Edit
Ard Taoiseach has come around with a nice winter passtime too - advertise covertly on boards and get some nice people posting here. Is there a law against that? A lot of forums have rules where you're not allowed to post details of another forum on theirs which is a bit nutty. It's like M. Night. Shymalan's The Village.

PMs are private, so they don't know what's in them. We can deny everything if it becomes an issue since they can't prove it. If they have documentary proof, we can call it fabrication and they have no means with which to defend that.

Anyways, if we're selective and coherent in our approach, we shouldn't rouse the ogres that pass for Mods over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:54 am

Kate P wrote:
Shocked

Was ist los, Kate P?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publicising Machine Nation   Publicising Machine Nation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Publicising Machine Nation
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next