Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Future of the Machine Nation ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Did you do afternoon tea at the Wolsely?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Ard-Taoiseach you couldn't upload a few digi camera shots of the London Skyline or something this evening could you? I presume you are in the City and will have the opportunity of doing so. Please do if you can - I'm sure it'll remind me of my time in London.

Heathrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Kate P wrote:
Did you do afternoon tea at the Wolsely?

I did, and then some! The English Breakfast Tea I had was truly heavenly. It came in a fine silver pot and it was brewed in the traditional, un-bagged way. It came with a delightful silver strainer which left the cup free of tea-leaf fragments.

I had a breakfast of mixed salad, omelette with herbs(cooked to perfection) followed by Jonah's chocolate sandwich. My chocoholic instincts were momentarily impeded by the beauty of the creation.

I dined in a style befitting my office!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Chocolate for breakfast.
Sublime.

Afternoon tea at the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge is divine; the lightest of scones and the yummiest of clotted cream, jam that tasted like essence of crushed raspberries... and the Earl Grey as you described above. Silver service with linen.

That's how I celebrated giving up my old job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
Chocolate for breakfast.
Sublime.

Afternoon tea at the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge is divine; the lightest of scones and the yummiest of clotted cream, jam that tasted like essence of crushed raspberries... and the Earl Grey as you described above. Silver service with linen.

That's how I celebrated giving up my old job.

So you broke fast in much the same way as I did? Very nice. You truly are a woman of great taste. Earl Grey is such a satisfying brew. It is perfectly judged and with an added je ne sais quoi which distinguishes it from more common productions.

A fine way to bid farewell to a job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 am

19 users online......... woohoo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:17 am

19 Very Happy

It's the dance music !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:21 am

Did we break the record? Did we what! Well done lads and lass! Your 5.05% respective contributions made all the difference!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:31 am

Maybe we should have a full moon party each month like on Koh Phangan...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:34 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Nah...it's a loony idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Nah...it's a loony idea!

Just i mí Lúnasa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:39 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Nah...it's a loony idea!

Just i mí Lúnasa

Exactly, Seathrún. Bheadh sé craiceáilte, coisir gach mí a cheiliúradh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:42 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Nah...it's a loony idea!

Just i mí Lúnasa

Cad faoi gach Luan in Lyon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 am

Hey everyone, I doubt any of you know me as I am a fairly occasional poster on P.ie.

I just want to congratulate you all on a great site. I only discovered it tonight but I will definitely be sticking around.

Well done and I hope it thrives Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:47 am

Thank you for the compliments! It was our last hope when p.ie bombed - we set it up in haste and it's not er, perfect by any means. We hope you stick around too - there's maybe twenty regular posters so far and I think the Irish forum here is something to be proud of among other things.

Nope, don't know you from p.ie - you must be very ocassional. Glad you like the site. I'm a rat too btw - Cancer though ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Nah...it's a loony idea!

Just i mí Lúnasa

Cad faoi gach Luan in Lyon?

B'fhéidir..., chun an fhirinne a rá, nílim cinnte. Ní maith liom na Fhraincis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Rooting around in the fora, just enjoyed reading this thread so ... bounce bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Machine Nation ?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8