Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Future of the Machine Nation ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm

In light of the resurrection of politics.ie (ha! my outage theory was correct), this discussion assumes a new seriousness. Inevitably, we will be sucked back into the monster...will there be enough content to keep this place ticking over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:13 pm

ibis wrote:
In light of the resurrection of politics.ie (ha! my outage theory was correct), this discussion assumes a new seriousness. Inevitably, we will be sucked back into the monster...will there be enough content to keep this place ticking over?

It was just getting along nicely here and all. O well, it could always be a gentleman's club as 905 says Wink

p.ie ... just another place to steal people from heh heh heh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
ibis wrote:

It was just getting along nicely here and all. O well, it could always be a gentleman's club as 905 says Wink

gentlemen only?

I'll be off so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
ibis wrote:

Hmm...somewhere to bring your discussion (whether your'e a lady or a gentleman!) when the madheads on p.ie are drowning out the sensible people? That might require either a slightly more active moderation policy or a genuine "club" style restriction on membership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:22 pm

ibis wrote:
Hmm...somewhere to bring your discussion (whether your'e a lady or a gentleman!) when the madheads on p.ie are drowning out the sensible people? That might require either a slightly more active moderation policy or a genuine "club" style restriction on membership.
I don't think there was enough momentum yet to really begin even talking about moderation but I would have wanted/would want it to be open to the members to dictate that policy.

Maybe participation like that just doesn't work though..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm

If we keep going, and we would of course welcome Kate P and the other ladies (who else will keep our baking forum going?), we run the risk of beomg regarded as the PDs of P.ie. In a weird way, charismatic Dave would be like Haughey (cough, libel, cough).

Worse still we could be regarded as gene-pool p.iers; the Beverly Flynns of the the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:32 pm

I have to go. Crap. Just when things were getting interesting.

But I will be back.

I may even grow a moustache just incase the bouncers think I'm kitchen staff Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Sh*t. Someone said 'gentleman's' club with a feminist lefty lurking around ...

we're sorry kate we meant ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Sh*t. Someone said 'gentleman's' club with a feminist lefty lurking around ...

we're sorry kate we meant ...

Sorry, but I would rather be called a chap than a PD.

I wonder could Machine Nation exist as a sort of spare room? I haven't had time to think about this properly yet. Will be back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm

cactus flower wrote:

I wonder could Machine Nation exist as a sort of spare room? I haven't had time to think about this properly yet. Will be back later.
Spare room ?? Feck it 905 we really scared off the wimmin with our talk there. Back later my eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Spare room ?? Feck it 905 we really scared off the wimmin with our talk there. Back later my eye.

The wimmin, whilst quaking in their boots, are back.

Auditor, is it all right to mention Machine Nation in P.ie? Would not want to put my foot in it, but from the numbers of visitors we were getting I would say there is not a huge secrecy issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:52 pm

I think it's more likely to be 'women's troubles', or maybe Jerry Springer was about to begin. That or it's time to start the dinner.

Ah no. I'm sure they want to be in time for the lunchtime news, to get the latest report on the worsening situation in China.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm

The Bear just ratted us out! I knew we should never have let the weaker sex in here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:58 pm

TheBear wrote:
I started doing some work, then laughed at the notion, spent time doing some research on the customs relating to marriage, (There was a proposal in the family, but not to me. There'll be no MrBear for a fair while yet...) and then found a refugee centres which was established. It was amusing to see people arriving as it at an oasis.

She was 'amused' The cheek!! The sadism !! and she got a cup of cha here an all ...

She's BANNED !! * looks for the banning button on the keyboard *

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:59 pm

905 wrote:
The Bear just ratted us out! I knew we should never have let the weaker sex in here!
Ah, but I took it back. Kind of.

(I didn't know it was meant to be a secret... Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:04 pm

You provided a little hint that shall intrigue them, tantalise them, but they'll never find out where we are, RIGHT? Well played TheBear, well played. I take it back.

Still, you didn't have to say we amused you. Those people had real stories of anguish and exile, it's clear from your heartless attititude that you were never cast ashore at boards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:17 pm

905 wrote:
You provided a little hint that shall intrigue them, tantalise them, but they'll never find out where we are, RIGHT? Well played TheBear, well played. I take it back.

Still, you didn't have to say we amused you. Those people had real stories of anguish and exile, it's clear from your heartless attititude that you were never cast ashore at boards.
I did go there seeking refuge, alright. However, before I'd even registered, I glanced in the window, only to witness the cruelty and punishment meted out to my brethren. I considered leaping in to rescue you guys, but I realised it was a fool's mission. I struck out alone, in the hope of finding others and one day storming the shores of Boards and liberating all of the opressed souls there.

Amused was perhaps the wrong term. I was certainly heartened to find refuge here, and could empathise with the cries of 'Sanctury! Sanctuary!'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:22 pm

TheBear wrote:
905 wrote:

I did go there seeking refuge, alright. However, before I'd even registered, I glanced in the window, only to witness the cruelty and punishment meted out to my brethren. I considered leaping in to rescue you guys, but I realised it was a fool's mission. I struck out alone, in the hope of finding others and one day storming the shores of Boards and liberating all of the opressed souls there.

Amused was perhaps the wrong term. I was certainly heartened to find refuge here, and could empathise with the cries of 'Sanctury! Sanctuary!'

Ye make it sound like a remake of "Logans Run" Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:38 pm

So pleased you are still here, and no Gadarene rush for P.ie.
Ship not totally abandoned etc.

My emotions are in turmoil and my metaphors mixed. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:40 pm

What's 'Gadarene', Precious ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
What's 'Gadarene', Precious ?

Little piggies that jumped over a cliff, in the bible, Audi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Jaysus what an image ! thanks for that info. They were all filled with demons, those piggies, no?

No thankfully there seems to be people still here - only the cream of the best.

I share your sadness cactus but we are about to see what mettle this place is made of now aren't we? Suddenly this thread gets woken up with a new life (while the Politics RIP forum should be closed down dead)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:39 pm

905 wrote:
And you guys were giving out to me!?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:49 pm

TheBear wrote:
905 wrote:
And you guys were giving out to me!?

He's on an infiltration mission Bear. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Am actually failing to work up any enthusiasm for going back to P.ie for the moment. Might stay here and watch the tumbleweed after everyone else has gone (anyone got a tumbleweed smilie?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Machine Nation ?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next