Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Did you get married in the Dublin Registry Office? I hope you did it somewhere else because I really can't stick that place. It is like a cinema looking down on a meeting room scratch

They make it like that to remind those dastardly atheists that they should be married in a church like all good and proper people! Wink

I heard on the radio that one of the newly permitted Places of Marriage shares an office with a Mortuary.

As emigrants at the time, we were able to marry at the very attractive Kensington and Chelsea Registry Office, a building in the Victorian Gothic style, and repair from there with our witnesses and guests to a nearby hamburger restaurant.

Last edited by cactus flower on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 pm

C'est finis! Very Happy

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 A10

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 B11

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 C10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:43 pm

That is a fine bedroom johnfás. I can see some of your internet-published photography is also exhibited therein. Your desk-chair is quite similar-looking to the one upon which I am sitting at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Did you get it from Viking Direct?

I got it from them for around €25 but I almost regret it with the amount of junk I have got through the letter box from them since!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm

johnfás wrote:

I got it from them for around €25 but I almost regret it with the amount of junk I have got through the letter box from them since!!

There is a number on the catalogue that you can ring to tell them to stop.

Are you pleased with it johnfás? It looks very bright and spacious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:51 pm

johnfás wrote:

I got it with some peripheral devices at PC World last year, it's just the arm-rests which are different.

Also, on topic, I hate Oatibix. It's doubleplusungood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:51 pm

Yes very pleased! It is far tidier than it usually is, which is a nice change, so I will strive to keep it that way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Never tried Oatibix, always seems very wrong to me. I do have Weetabix most mornings though except when I have porridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 pm

johnfás wrote:
Never tried Oatibix, always seems very wrong to me. I do have Weetabix most mornings though except when I have porridge.

It is wrong. It felt weird eating it. The milk didn't soak through and it looked odd when all soggy. The taste was bland and was difficult to digest. A huge disappointment and a vindication of my suspicion that the best way to enjoy oats was to soak them and cook them for a long while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I now know never to try them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:07 pm

johnfás wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I now know never to try them.

You're welcome john, you'll be better off avoiding them. If you want something different from the folks at Milton Keynes, I'd recommend Weetabix Crunch. They're quite good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 pm

What makes them crunchy, sugar a la frosted shreddies?

My breakfast diet tends to be Weetabix, Porridge, Muesli or Raisin Wheats. I have a bit of a penchant for raisins we have a strong family association with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 pm

johnfás wrote:
What makes them crunchy, sugar a la frosted shreddies?

I think it's some kind of honey which binds the Weetabix tighter together.

Quote :
My breakfast diet tends to be Weetabix, Porridge, Muesli or Raisin Wheats. I have a bit of a penchant for raisins we have a strong family association with them.

Mine is Weetabix, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and a large brandy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Administrative law.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:23 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Administrative law.

I thought you were liking your course?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I hate those cds you get in newspapers. It didn't affect me before, but now the IT is starting to do it. I doubt they ever get watched and the newspaper won't fold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Administrative law.

You poor unfortunate. German or French?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Weetabix.

It's babyfood, bog-buried cardboard and a hundred other unpleasant things. No, no and no again.

I'll post a recipe for granola later if I can find it. Great stuff with youghurt in the mornings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

I looooooooove Weetabix. My girlfriend is big into granola.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:32 pm

905 wrote:
I hate those cds you get in newspapers. It didn't affect me before, but now the IT is starting to do it. I doubt they ever get watched and the newspaper won't fold.

in all fairness, the jfk one (saturdays dvd) is much better than the pap from the other papers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 pm

zakalwe wrote:
905 wrote:

in all fairness, the jfk one (saturdays dvd) is much better than the pap from the other papers.
Did you watch it? I binned it on principle.

Will they start offering films that people have actually heard of?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Kate P wrote:
Weetabix.

It's babyfood, bog-buried cardboard and a hundred other unpleasant things. No, no and no again.

I'll post a recipe for granola later if I can find it. Great stuff with youghurt in the mornings.

weetabix is my staple breakfast (sprinkle shamrock fruit mix in and its even better).

i have porrige every now and again, but you cant beat weetabix for wheaty goodness!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Administrative law.

I thought you were liking your course?

It's obvious, Ard, that you have never seen the whites of the eyes of "Verwaltungsrecht"!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Kate P wrote:
Weetabix.

How can you say that Kate? I eat about 1000 weets per year. My father rang me once to tell me he had eaten his 30,000th weetabix. Very Happy They are magic, especially with cold Avonmore Supermilk.

You are taking them out of the box before eating ? Right ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 pm

shredded wheat on the other hand is like eating a bale of straw softened in rancid ditch water!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next