Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:50 am

Also, the girlfriend gave me a peach & apricot ceral bar from Aldi when i left hers earlier on to come over and do some work. It's got chocolate on it and is really soft. It could be so delicious and appetizing. I'm so annoyed I can't enjoy it because of an incident I had with peach schnapps which turned me off the flavour forever. I can barely stomach the smell of the bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:58 am

Had you said something last night, I could have got your stuff for you. Then again, you would have had to have access to the net.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:06 am

Oh you're still living there now? Thanks for the offer anyway, thankfully my stuff was safe. Just annoying as I had intended to study for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 am

After twelve? The madness of it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:13 am

Aye, sure I'm in here right now exploring the fascinating world of direct effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 am

Scumbag across the road has sent his dog under the shadow of darkness into our garden to do its business for the second time in two nights. We thought we had this dealt with months ago.

I'm tellin' ya, I will borrow my mate's shotgun some weekend and BANG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:36 am

johnfás wrote:
Scumbag across the road has sent his dog under the shadow of darkness into our garden to do its business for the second time in two nights. We thought we had this dealt with months ago.

I'm tellin' ya, I will borrow my mate's shotgun some weekend and BANG.

I hope its not the poor innocent dog youre going to shoot johnfas ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:56 pm

I dislike being up really early doing a household leaflet drop in the cold when the footpaths are really slippery. Well actually I quite like being up very early on a crisp morning but I wasn't in the mood this morning.

I also dislike nepotism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 6:12 pm

johnfás wrote:
I dislike being up really early doing a household leaflet drop in the cold when the footpaths are really slippery. Well actually I quite like being up very early on a crisp morning but I wasn't in the mood this morning.

I also dislike nepotism.

The only thing for it johnfas is to marry the bosses daughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 6:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:

The girlfriend's dad is a director of an estate agents so I don't think that would do me much good in the current economic climate Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 pm

I hate nosebleeds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
I hate nosebleeds.

If your having one now evercloserunion I expect you know to lean forward and pinch firmly just below the bridge of the nose: http://firstaid.about.com/od/bleedingcontrol/ht/06_epistaxis.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Indeed, thanks for that CF. I've been getting them on a regular basis since my early years so unfortunately they're nothing new to me. I should probably go to a doctor but I'd be embarrassed if you accused me of "irritating my nasal membrane"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:47 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Indeed, thanks for that CF. I've been getting them on a regular basis since my early years so unfortunately they're nothing new to me. I should probably go to a doctor but I'd be embarrassed if you accused me of "irritating my nasal membrane"!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 6:56 pm

johnfás wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The girlfriend's dad is a director of an estate agents so I don't think that would do me much good in the current economic climate Very Happy .

The way things are going in real estate, he may be asking you for a "digout" soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 pm

I hate being on hold to customer care who then don't provide much care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 pm

I order a suit, they send me a pair of trousers. I ring them up, am on hold for 30 minutes and I say this is peculiar I order a suit and you just send me the trousers having cancelled the suit jacket. The trousers arent much good for me really without the suit jacket. After 20 minutes of conversation they decide that they can get me the suit jacket but it will involve 5 transactions on my credit card with charges and refunds going back and forth. Bigggest pile of nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:51 pm

johnfás wrote:
I order a suit, they send me a pair of trousers. I ring them up, am on hold for 30 minutes and I say this is peculiar I order a suit and you just send me the trousers having cancelled the suit jacket. The trousers arent much good for me really without the suit jacket. After 20 minutes of conversation they decide that they can get me the suit jacket but it will involve 5 transactions on my credit card with charges and refunds going back and forth. Bigggest pile of nonsense.
Jaysus. Can you not buy elsewhere? How much is the suit setting you back?

I ripped my suit trousers last week Embarassed More embarrassing than anything else. I hadn't worn them in a couple of years and I've a bit of a belly these days. Usually it's not too bad but it was particularly bad at the time because I had just been back home to Wexford for a week where I constantly pigged out on free food.

Can't remember how much the suit cost me but I bought it on Tesco so it can't have been that bad. Question: Do you think employers and the like can tell the difference between cheap and expensive suits?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 pm

It was good value - 55 pounds reduced from 150. The trousers are very nice. I'd have just sent the trousers back and asked for a refund if they hadn't been.

I don't think you can tell a huge difference between, in particular, a plain black suit. Beyond which, you are given a job on the basis of your ability, not your suit. But it is important to dress in smart fashion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:55 pm

johnfás wrote:
It was good value - 55 pounds reduced from 150. The trousers are very nice. I'd have just sent the trousers back and asked for a refund if they hadn't been.

I don't think you can tell a huge difference between, in particular, a plain black suit. Beyond which, you are given a job on the basis of your ability, not your suit. But it is important to dress in smart fashion.

55 pounds? Is this the same suit from Burton you said cost only about 20 johnfás?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes... that is because they only charged me for the trousers, despite the despatch note saying everything was in order. The trousers were meant to come free with the suit. Now they want to refund me for the trousers, charge me for the suit and then refund me the discount which was available at the time of ordering. A complete farce. Never buying from them again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:01 pm

johnfás wrote:
Yes... that is because they only charged me for the trousers, despite the despatch note saying everything was in order. The trousers were meant to come free with the suit. Now they want to refund me for the trousers, charge me for the suit and then refund me the discount which was available at the time of ordering. A complete farce. Never buying from them again.

God, that's complicated and not in either of your interests, the paperwork for that must cause a lot of bother for their online division and you're being bilked out of a suit which you thought was all in order and they're putting you through all this fuss. Not a happy situation at all and I concur with your sentiments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Could you try get a further reduction out of it, for the hassle they've caused you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:28 pm

I got a refund on the delivery (both of the initial order and the reorder). The woman was making it so complicated that I decided I wasn't going to complicate it any further. If I don't get the e-mail I was promised from their 'refunds department' (*groan*) by tomorrow morning there will be sparks flying.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Don't forget your goggles then

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 Dadlove2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15