Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

johnfás wrote:
Perfect! Thanks very much! Didn't want to wrap it around my head or something and look like a tool Razz.

Ah yes. The Turban effect...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Ironing shirts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Strangely so does the man in my life...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I hate wearing glasses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:24 pm

I don't mind my glasses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:57 pm

eoinmn wrote:
I don't mind my glasses.

Mine mark my nose, fog up and give me headaches. I just changed to contacts and feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Respvblica wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
I don't mind my glasses.

Mine mark my nose, fog up and give me headaches. I just changed to contacts and feel a lot better.

the shades suited you. i'd give up the aul fags tho!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:03 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
I don't mind my glasses.

the shades suited you. i'd give up the aul fags tho!

hehe the shades and the fags are just for posing purposes. The fags help concentration, just like EVM needs a puff on his pipe to focus the mind better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Respvblica wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
I don't mind my glasses.

I'm not fond of mine either and have changed to contacts though I don't wear them all the time. I have perfect vision with glasses that I will never have with lenses but it's worth it for now, even if I'd rather wear glasses for prolonged reading. When I get rich, I'll have the surgery.

I've worn them since I was in second class and I think they make me look swotty and prim and make my eyes - which actually aren't bad looking, look small and weeny. Lenses are more hassle and more expense but that's the price of vanity...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Kate P wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
I don't mind my glasses.

I'm not fond of mine either and have changed to contacts though I don't wear them all the time. I have perfect vision with glasses that I will never have with lenses but it's worth it for now, even if I'd rather wear glasses for prolonged reading. When I get rich, I'll have the surgery.

I've worn them since I was in second class and I think they make me look swotty and prim and make my eyes - which actually aren't bad looking, look small and weeny. Lenses are more hassle and more expense but that's the price of vanity...

Wow 2nd class! I got mine when I has 16 although in University the eysight rapidly diminished until I stablised -4.25/-4.75.
I find my vision is actually much better with the contacts Kate, but if I wear them all the time my eyes get tired. Recently because of an infection I've been wearing glasses more or less all the time and since then they've been bothering me.
The civil servants at the EU institutions get the laser eye op paid for(85%). I suppose I could do the exam and become a fonctionaire.

I dont mind the looks but thick lenses can be a problem. Yours are no so thick?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:21 pm

I've small weeny eyes which is why I prefer to hide them behind glasses!

I wear contacts the odd time, but only for swimming or some such. Not for vanity reason usually. Although I did wear contacts on my wedding day.

I've thick lenses but I pay that extra bit to have them ground down.

Recently I got a pair of nerdy black thick plastic frames which I like!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 6:23 pm

/me is laughing at losers and their glasses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 6:25 pm

I have glasses that I don't wear. I only need them to see presentations and things at a distance but I don't like them so I tend just to sit nearer the front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:50 pm

johnfás wrote:
I have glasses that I don't wear. I only need them to see presentations and things at a distance but I don't like them so I tend just to sit nearer the front.

Just got myself a lovely pair of Sarah Palins in tortoiseshell, reaction lenses. I feel like a naughty librarian. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:52 pm

You little rascal...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:08 pm

I think the way to go with glasses is to have the indexed down as far as possible. It's quite expensive but it's worth it. Saves weight in your face, looks nicer, stops that weird BIG/SMALL eye distortion thing.

Also, get the anti-reflective and dirt repellant coating.

I have the above with titanium frames and I'd hardly know I'm wearing my glasses at all, no nose marks either.

My current glasses cost me about a grand all told but because I wear them every day and they haven't cause a single bit of bother since I got them I think they are well worth that price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:14 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I think the way to go with glasses is to have the indexed down as far as possible. It's quite expensive but it's worth it. Saves weight in your face, looks nicer, stops that weird BIG/SMALL eye distortion thing.

Also, get the anti-reflective and dirt repellant coating.

I have the above with titanium frames and I'd hardly know I'm wearing my glasses at all, no nose marks either.

My current glasses cost me about a grand all told but because I wear them every day and they haven't cause a single bit of bother since I got them I think they are well worth that price.

Gulp! A Grand? Mine are free on the PRSI. Have been for several years... no problems with any of 'em so far, and even a few compliments Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 pm

A grand certainly seems slightly excessive...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Kate P wrote:
Strangely so does the man in my life...

As do I, ironing is such effort over such time. That's why it's better to go all casual with hoodies and combats and never iron at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Ard! You have been missed during your absence cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 pm

johnfás wrote:

That's very nice, johnfás. Between the weekend when I was at a convention and the last few days when I was down with the country cousins, I have been far from the fine shores of the Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Hope you had a good time. I'm in a hotel in Westminster. Very boring but I am off north tomorrow for a weekend with friends, which should be fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

That's very nice, johnfás. Between the weekend when I was at a convention and the last few days when I was down with the country cousins, I have been far from the fine shores of the Machine Nation.

Welcome back Ard T - not a Trekkies Convention, I trust?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:48 pm

johnfás wrote:
Hope you had a good time. I'm in a hotel in Westminster. Very boring but I am off north tomorrow for a weekend with friends, which should be fun.

Oh it was good, but I'm fairly wrecked so it'll be a quiet weekend for me. Is London not doing it for you? That's a shame for there is in London all that life can afford! Wink Where are you going Oop Norrth? Are you going to Liverpool? Allegedly it's the European Capital of Culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Welcome back Ard T - not a Trekkies Convention, I trust?

No, because we're Trekkers! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next