Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Zirtek does the job for me.

Have you tried XYZal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:16 pm

johnfás wrote:
Zirtek does the job for me.

Have you tried XYZal?
Was on the pre-prescription trials for it. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Poor visiblity on roundabouts and people who don't indicate on them - grrr. Also people who leave their full headlights on at night - f* b*rds.
Embarassed Embarassed
I think our paths might have crossed while I was out driving on Friday night. I had my headlights off I swear.They're just a bit wonky. And I can't be expected to indicate properly at roundabouts when the visibility's poor, can I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:38 pm

I hate the hotel I'm sitting in now. I hate the poxy orange and black Aztec pattern on the furniture. I hate that the guy smilied and said 'hot chocolate?' when I ordered same with my scrambled egg as if I'd ordered a pint of frothy beef stock like the man with the shaking hand opposite me before 11am. "It's brunch," I say, sniffily.

I hate the fact that the hotchocolate glass is half full of gritty, unpleasant stuff. I dread to think how my eggs will arrive. And I'm tired and hungry and there's nowhere else in this one-hotel town. And the only socket for me to plug in at is beside the stinkiest toilets in creation on other side of the bar where lots of olifactorally challenged men with thick Meath accents (sorry 905) and rowling, jowling gobs.

And I hate overcooked watery eggs and dried parsley.

And they're making me listen to Andrea Corr whurr (whine and slur) her way through Summer Wine AFTER making me listen to the Macarena (which I thought at the start was the ring tone of the guy opposite me who is reading yesterday's Herald while his elderly mother reads today's Indo and his elderly father has a pint of something beefy looking in a Guinness glass.

There's a reason this is the sleepiest town in the Midlands. People spend their mornings, into their thirties drinking glasses of water in pubs with their aging parents...

...and there's a middle -aged young couple in the first blush of an affair (and they came here to get away from it all), sitting too close to each other across a bar table over two full Irishes. She's playing with her hair. They should go and do the horizontal Macarena somewhere else.

And there's no milk in my luxurious hot chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Are you in Navan then Kate ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Worser... affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Add some grime and grease and that hotel reminds me of a very bad night in Goole. Aptly named. Been up to see Beverly Minster and lingered too long, weather turned nasty so decided on a night in Goole. Trust me avoid the place.

Even the web site is naff.

http://www.goole-guide.net/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I hate puppies, kittens . fluffy bunnies . . flowers . . . scenic sunsets . . . .oh, sorry, wrong thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 pm

I hate the way she cut my hair this morning. I hate the fact that she was also scabby on the gel. I dislike my fringe intensely. I should have complained and got her to do it again. I must try harder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 pm

johnfás wrote:
I hate the way she cut my hair this morning. I hate the fact that she was also scabby on the gel. I dislike my fringe intensely. I should have complained and got her to do it again. I must try harder.

Aw heck: a bad hair day.

Still, it is the growing season, and once it is washed and styled in the johnfás fashion, it will look more like a part of you again.

Until then, you could wear a hat ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:27 pm

I hate noisy blue-bottle flies. Bastids. I always have to assassinate them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Until then, you could wear a hat ?

They make you take your bike helmet off indoors Sad. Going for lunch with the 'goys' today so that will be a good larf for them.

All will be well when I have a shower this evening and get to work with my lotions and potions.

Then I'm off to a BBQ, here's hoping that the weather holds up. Please excuse me if I begin to post incoherent messages at around 2am drunken .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:11 pm

I hate being sick. Better today though thank god, which once again makes me so proud of my body. But yesterday morning, I put the 'ladies' from two girls and a cup to shame. Now I'm still a bit weak from being a layabout all day yesterday, so have to go for a walk to get my circulation back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
HAY FEVER

*Passes the Zirtek box*

You mean there's a cure Shocked

If there is, Zirtek ain't it. Cortisone ain't it either! Sad

*passes the Clarityn*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:22 am

I hate call centres
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:29 am

hangovers.

am seriously suffering. never again. too much beer and some strange shot with tobasco sauce in it. man, still 7.5 hours to go before i crawl out here and curl up on the street for a nap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:11 pm

zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

am seriously suffering. never again. too much beer and some strange shot with tobasco sauce in it. man, still 7.5 hours to go before i crawl out here and curl up on the street for a nap.

It gets worse with even less drink the older you get, I found. Now I don't suffer anymore. I have no friends but I don't ... suffer.

The hair of the dog then abstinence forever my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:17 pm

zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

Probably also had tequila and sambuca in it. Goodness that stuff makes me ill. In fact anything with sambuca makes me ill. Same goes for jagermeister. Essentially anything with anise gets me going - Absinthe etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm

johnfás wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

Probably also had tequila and sambuca in it. Goodness that stuff makes me ill. In fact anything with sambuca makes me ill. Same goes for jagermeister. Essentially anything with anise gets me going - Absinthe etc.

Oh yeah - anise. Blech! Once you vomit on that stuff once, that wraps it up forever with that particular substance. Happened me with Rosé - those three bottles one night after the pub finished me and Rosé forever. Some tool afterwards said I would have been fine if it had been a good brand of Rosé Laughing pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

It gets worse with even less drink the older you get, I found. Now I don't suffer anymore. I have no friends but I don't ... suffer.

The hair of the dog then abstinence forever my friend.

turned 31 recently. still in denial that my body has changed. really can't drink without suffering big time!!!!
Crying or Very sad

have a 1lt flask of extra strength coffee in front of me. kinda working, or maybe i'm sobering up!!!
anyway, feel like sh!t rolled over, twice!

am giving the pioneer idea serious thought. at least for as long as i feel this crap anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:57 pm

johnfás wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

sounds like it. the devils brew. used to have iron stomach and was able to drink anything. now am a weakling. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

Oh yeah - anise. Blech! Once you vomit on that stuff once, that wraps it up forever with that particular substance. Happened me with Rosé - those three bottles one night after the pub finished me and Rosé forever. Some tool afterwards said I would have been fine if it had been a good brand of Rosé Laughing pale

ah yes, that happened to me with gin. drank a pint of it once for a bet. won the bet but spent the weekend in the toilet yacking! can't even smell the stuff 10 years later!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 pm

I hate stitching shoes when you can't find a thimble. My thumb hurts!

Last edited by johnfás on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

ah yes, that happened to me with gin. drank a pint of it once for a bet. won the bet but spent the weekend in the toilet yacking! can't even smell the stuff 10 years later!!!

Feeling any better Zakalwe ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:48 pm

cactus flower wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
hangovers.

Feeling any better Zakalwe ?

lost the surreal feeling (prob was a still a bit drunk when got into work!), replaced by twitching hands and nausea! eyes are like the demonic dog's in ghostbusters.

i blame it on the p!ss poor pints in the tavern we were at. must stick to bottles in future. we were all laughing that the heiniken and carlsberg was terrible. we now know just how terrible they were. 'course the fact we had about 10 or so along with some vile shot didn't help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next