Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The 'I hate....' thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 am

cactus flower wrote:
Thank you for that cookiemonster. Now I am a rural dweller but was a city girl. I am still learning.

PM me your email address, I can send you a 36 page factbook on Silage.

I'm not joking, I really can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 am

Perhaps you can help me Cookie. I recently found out, to my considerable physical distress, that hay bales are much heavier than straw bales. Considering that both are basically dry grass, why is this so?

And what’s the exact science behind ‘haylige’?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Thank you for that cookiemonster. Now I am a rural dweller but was a city girl. I am still learning.

PM me your email address, I can send you a 36 page factbook on Silage.

I'm not joking, I really can.

Well cookiemonster, how's she cutting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 am

They are not basically dry grass.

Hay is dry grass, straw is dried hollow tubes. Haylage is grass that has been cut and baled before it has dried properly like hay would, and while it's not full of moisture like silage. It usually wilts a few days I think. The science is that weatherwise it's sometimes more do-able...

I'm proud to say I'm not 100% sure.

Can I entice you to a little speed-posting 905?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 am

Is it not too late?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:43 am

905 wrote:
Perhaps you can help me Cookie. I recently found out, to my considerable physical distress, that hay bales are much heavier than straw bales. Considering that both are basically dry grass, why is this so?

And what’s the exact science behind ‘haylige’?

Well hay bales are packed densly than straw bales because the hay stalk is smaller less hollow than the straw stalk, so there is more mass in a hay bale than there is in a straw bale.

I know not of this haylige. I shall consult the oracle tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:43 am

905 wrote:
Is it not too late?

Not at all, you could start from your first post since 10 p.m.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 3:18 am

I hate EMC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:44 am

I hate "haylige"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 1:21 pm

I hate the o2 website. Should have upgraded my broken phone last night. Stupid website isn't letting me now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Worked at last... I like o2, new phone for 29 euro Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:40 pm

CD cases where you almost have to break the little yoke holding your CD for fear you'll instead break your CD while taking it out.

I hate it when people stand in busy doorways or in the middles of the aisles of shops having a chat while you're trying to get through.

Poor visiblity on roundabouts and people who don't indicate on them - grrr. Also people who leave their full headlights on at night - f* b*rds.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

I hate it when people stand in busy doorways or in the middles of the aisles of shops having a chat while you're trying to get through.

Groups of Spanish kids?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

johnfás wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Groups of Spanish kids?
Some irish are good at it too but yeah, I know the rash of Spanish that infest Dublin in the Summer. One reason to pedestrianise half of the city centre - especially around College Green where I've seen and had a good few episodes of footpath rage over the years. Do the Spanish crowd around in the suburbs too, all having a chat with their voices which you'd imagine they've ruined through chain-smoking for all of the fifteen years of their lives ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:51 pm

It's pretty bad for them around Dundrum and Stillorgan. They rent a few boarding school facilities for their courses. Really odd goings on at all those courses according to people I know who have worked at them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Odd things? Do tell before I kill myself with this electricity project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Just the relationships between the teenagers. I know someone who had to supervise them in their dormitories and that. They all enjoy experimenting in all sorts of manners, quite publicly too, seemingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Dirty little feckers - I hate the Spanish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:58 pm

johnfás wrote:
Just the relationships between the teenagers. I know someone who had to supervise them in their dormitories and that. They all enjoy experimenting in all sorts of manners, quite publicly too, seemingly.

Sounds like Irish college to me johnfás - is this not happens everywhere where sparsely supervised teenagers are shut up together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:59 pm

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Sounds like Irish college to me johnfás - is this not happens everywhere where sparsely supervised teenagers are shut up together?

Trust me, as someone with experience of Irish college, it was rather more explicit than what went on there! I'm talking orgies. Nobody was quite that adventerous in Irish college! (Perhaps unfortunately Cool )

Irish College - now there is a topic almost deserving of a thread. I hated it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

johnfás wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Trust me, as someone with experience of Irish college, it was rather more explicit than what went on there! I'm talking orgies. Nobody was quite that adventerous in Irish college! (Perhaps unfortunately Cool )

Irish College - now there is a topic almost deserving of a thread. I hated it.

Oh go on johnfás go on, it is almost deserving a forum for itself. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:52 pm

HAY FEVER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:49 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
HAY FEVER

*Passes the Zirtek box*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:56 pm

johnfás wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
HAY FEVER

*Passes the Zirtek box*

You mean there's a cure Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
HAY FEVER

*Passes the Zirtek box*

You mean there's a cure Shocked

If there is, Zirtek ain't it. Cortisone ain't it either! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I hate....' thread   The 'I hate....' thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'I hate....' thread
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next