Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ceart Go Leor ! bounce

Go díreach, cactus flower!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:25 pm

What's with the green names ? Have we become a 2 tier community ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
What's with the green names ? Have we become a 2 tier community ?

'Tis the wearing of the green.....'

Irish language consultation group: they can be pmd as a group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:56 pm

If you see this EvotingMachine0197 - would it be possible to make the little pm envelope white ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach suggested doubling the forum names into Irish too - any ideas on that? Sounds good...

Ya that sounds good, there wouldn't be much work in it and it'd look nice I think Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Especially if we can get the friotal and the meafar and the blas on the Irish as we have done with some of the English ones. Those are a few phrases I remember from LC Irish. I haven't a clue what they mean but they worked well in poetry essays. Meafar is metaphor. Blas is style - or something. Is friotal alliteration?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Kate P wrote:
Especially if we can get the friotal and the meafar and the blas on the Irish as we have done with some of the English ones. Those are a few phrases I remember from LC Irish. I haven't a clue what they mean but they worked well in poetry essays. Meafar is metaphor. Blas is style - or something. Is friotal alliteration?

friotal is expression. blas'd be like the flavour of the poem, the taste of it like... it kind of makes me want some icecream though.. ba mhaith liom uachtar reoite anois! Surprised

haha i remember learning off the aul phrases alright.... this poet uses capable, natural and descriptive language to put across his point and so on.... could write them for anything that came up like... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 4:39 pm

And now for something .. fun.

When creating a thread now you can change the colour of a thread name, very bosco-ish perhaps but ahh, I loved Bosco although I preferred Mary Fitzgerald of a Saturday morning. For those of you too young to remember Bosco no wonder you are growing up mad for drugs and cars and sex as you have nothing really to do of any real cultural value immediately after school. If you are feeling dangerously decadent and over punkish you could try to heal yourself by watching re-runs of Bosco, the Waltons and the LHOTP.

It might not be as random and meaningless and idiotic as we would think at first and might serve a useful but weird purpose of categorising threads. At present we don't know a way of displaying the category a thread is in when viewed from the portal.. should we colour code them by Category? Purple for politcs, blue for Law, indigo for Machinery, black for System, yellow for Vibes and Scribes, Green for Gaeilge.. ?

It might not work out as Bosco-ish as it might seem at first..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
And now for something .. fun.

When creating a thread now you can change the colour of a thread name, very bosco-ish perhaps but ahh, I loved Bosco although I preferred Mary Fitzgerald of a Saturday morning. For those of you too young to remember Bosco no wonder you are growing up mad for drugs and cars and sex as you have nothing really to do of any real cultural value immediately after school. If you are feeling dangerously decadent and over punkish you could try to heal yourself by watching re-runs of Bosco, the Waltons and the LHOTP.

It might not be as random and meaningless and idiotic as we would think at first and might serve a useful but weird purpose of categorising threads. At present we don't know a way of displaying the category a thread is in when viewed from the portal.. should we colour code them by Category? Purple for politcs, blue for Law, indigo for Machinery, black for System, yellow for Vibes and Scribes, Green for Gaeilge.. ?

It might not work out as Bosco-ish as it might seem at first..

Orange for Party threads? How do I do it?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:
If you see this EvotingMachine0197 - would it be possible to make the little pm envelope white ?

It would. But can I do it later....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Any time that suits you EvotingMachine-107. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:12 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Any time that suits you EvotingMachine-1097. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:13 pm

You seem to be having trouble with my serial number Cactus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:18 pm

cactus flower wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Any time that suits you EvotingMachine-0197. Thanks.

Ooops Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Feck it the threads only look different in Home not on the portal Rolling Eyes

If you fancy it then just edit button the thread opening and change the colour - you all should have a new colour selection box as you open a new thread or edit the opening of an old one...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 6:28 pm

I prefer this fomat. Very clean..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Ooooooooooooh! Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 6:58 pm

This is wonderful - but if possible to have the spinning moon back - it was excellent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 7:57 pm

cactus flower wrote:
This is wonderful - but if possible to have the spinning moon back - it was excellent.

Spinning moon? Are you not talking about the spinning gears?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 8:06 pm

The new look is much chunkier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Sorry to rain on the party but I miss being able to see at a glance which threads I've looked at and which I haven't.

Is this a permanent look or just for the party?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Its permanent Kate Very Happy

No. Only kidding. Auditor has done magical things.
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:55 pm

You ain't seen nothing yet ..
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:07 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
You ain't seen nothing yet ..

B B B Baby you just aint seen nuttin yet....

What does chunkier mean AT, in terms of websites ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:09 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

What does chunkier mean AT, in terms of websites ?

Text is bigger, controls larger, the fill of the screen is wider, it's a more substantial affair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next