Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Stop Changing Everything!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Stop Changing Everything! Empty
PostSubject: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Can we please stop changing the bloody set-up?! I was in the middle of posting something; I thought it was me pressing the wrong button that changed everything. I'm far too old for all this change and I'm starting to have flashbacks of the old exile days. Do you want the therapy bills?

Politics changed once while I was there, and it was talked about for weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:01 pm

What changed ? Apart from the BN bar on the side and the bar on top that is.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:10 pm

It IS changed now.

You like?

Ok Then , I put it back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Whats a BN bar?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Whats a BN bar?

The Breaking News.ie thingy on the left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
It IS changed now.

You like?

Ok Then , I put it back.

I think I like the change. Give us a chance to get used to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm

I like it too: can we have a link to irishstatutebook.ie?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm having LOTS OF TROUBLE with the colours.

I'm colour blind you know. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Also, it's a bit shaky, so I might have to revert intermittently for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:04 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I like it too: can we have a link to irishstatutebook.ie?

Done especially for you. Any other links ye'd like?

Does everything line up correctly for everyone?

Do the colours annoy anyone?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:13 pm

I hope Audi doesn't freak when he sees it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:23 pm

It's very nice EVM! Great work.

I agree with Zhou_Enlai on another thread when he (I'm assuming) suggested that we lose the 'who's online' feature - maybe place it somewhere less obvious so that it isn't immediately apparent that there is no one around....
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm

I'll do some more on it later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Look, I don't care what the format is as long as it doesn't keep changing.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:57 pm

905 wrote:
Look, I don't care what the format is as long as it doesn't keep changing.

Yep, I understand that 905. And apologies for freaking you out.
Once we get the appearance up to a good standard, it won't be touched again. Promise.
Call it growing pains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Kate P wrote:
It's very nice EVM! Great work.

I agree with Zhou_Enlai on another thread when he (I'm assuming) suggested that we lose the 'who's online' feature - maybe place it somewhere less obvious so that it isn't immediately apparent that there is no one around....

I like the "who's online". At times it is nice to send a pm someone when they are on line. Like youngdan, I love the map of where we are. There is no point in pretending we are here when we are not. If someone wants to hide they can. I am confident that we will grow steadily and don't think we need to be ashamed of our patchy condition at this stage of evolution. There are times when there is very little posting on P.ie, for all the thousands of members. I think we are doing very well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Sorry 905 - I went mental there once changing things goodo and I wouldn't blame you if you are still traumatised by it - at least today I can't be blamed for it Very Happy

I liike it - links on the left that is (no pun on the German intended Very Happy); let's get some more in there when the site is quiet ... politics, ibec and unions, international think-tanks the whole shebang. O god...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Sorry 905 - I went mental there once changing things goodo and I wouldn't blame you if you are still traumatised by it - at least today I can't be blamed for it Very Happy

I liike it - links on the left that is (no pun on the German intended Very Happy); let's get some more in there when the site is quiet ... politics, ibec and unions, international think-tanks the whole shebang. O god...

Do you need a darkened room, Audi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:28 pm

... and the breaking news. Where's the orgasm emoticon? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:30 pm

finfacts, silicon republic, wired, damien mulley's blog, grandad's blog, newspapers ... I see em all in there now ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Stop Changing Everything! Orgasm060906_228x403

Once you know she was faking it...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey, it reverted again. Evil or Very Mad

Has it reverted to the blue for all you guys ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm blue all day Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Now Ihave to add this new image to the happy monkey image
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Evotingmachine0197 and Auditor#9 I must say the site is looking fabulous today, and also you were each of you looking very well last night in your nice new carton (was it a Smurfit?) and your Raymond Chandler dirty raincoat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Changing Everything!   Stop Changing Everything! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop Changing Everything!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next