Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:00 pm

If you have any suggestions for arranging the place structurally, decoratively, atmospherically or whatever, please feel free to post here.

Thanks

The Management

"Management"
Laughing

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:36 pm

What the hell just happened to the colour? My eyes, my eyes! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 pm

905 wrote:
What the hell just happened to the colour? My eyes, my eyes! affraid

It burns us, master!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 pm

It's not me. It's the other one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:02 pm

What's with the Libertas logo??
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 pm

I have absolutely NO idea.

I think Auditor is experimenting with the config software.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:32 pm

I've just noticed when posting that if you copy and paste from word, the post comes out very small and with a strange font. Is there anything you can do about that?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Looks like Audi broke loads of stuff...and then disappeared. Rolling Eyes

Is anyone else getting doubles on the top banner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Is it ok now?

There's some animé characters in the top banner but they're supposed to be there I'd say.

Rocky wrote:
I've just noticed when posting that if you copy and paste from word, the post comes out very small and with a strange font. Is there anything you can do about that?
Rocky are you still having trouble with the text? I'd say the inter compatibility between Word and this text editor are at fault. It's Bill Gates fault. Sorry. You could boycott Microsoft !

And the Libertas logo ... I really like that image Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:39 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is it ok now?

There's some animé characters in the top banner but they're supposed to be there I'd say.

Rocky wrote:
Rocky are you still having trouble with the text? I'd say the inter compatibility between Word and this text editor are at fault. It's Bill Gates fault. Sorry. You could boycott Microsoft !

And the Libertas logo ... I really like that image Crying or Very sad

Yeah the problems is still there. I often copy and paste posts from Microsoft word because my spelling isn't great, but I guess I'll have to cope without that for the time being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 6:37 am

I havent a clue where everybody else is on about ! - libertas logo???? - Feck me - then again after 8 pints of Ale , 3 whiskey chasers, 2 large bottles of Bulmers , 5 J&Ds and a full on (with tongue)snog from the sexiest bar-lady in Dublin 6 - maybe they're right - shite if this is heaven and Im still loggin on to a Political website - I want me money back!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 6:52 am

Edo wrote:
I havent a clue where everybody else is on about ! - libertas logo???? - Feck me - then again after 8 pints of Ale , 3 whiskey chasers, 2 large bottles of Bulmers , 5 J&Ds and a full on (with tongue)snog from the sexiest bar-lady in Dublin 6 - maybe they're right - shite if this is heaven and Im still loggin on to a Political website - I want me money back!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

sorry had to quote that, so you don't delete it in the morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask these questions, but here goes anyway...

Is this site intended to be permanent if P.ie is dead?

Will it keep going in the event of a P.ie revival?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 5:26 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask these questions, but here goes anyway...

Is this site intended to be permanent if P.ie is dead?

Will it keep going in the event of a P.ie revival?
Maybe if you start a whole new thread on it somewhere - it might make a good discussion. Where to start it though ... ? (current news and politics?)

AuditorGeneral wrote:
I was thinking of creating some more sub fora
in Energy Infrastructure and Environment (or somewhere else ?) - Food
and Agriculture. It wouldn't be right for a bunch of
pseudo-intellectuals living in an agricultural country to not have to
face up to discussing agriculture, food and health (?) at some point.

It's
a bit anal but I was also thinking of starting a thread on food prices.
We could keep an eye on how they are going up. Maybe that should be in
the forum The Valve where I reckon posters could put their gripes about
bad drivers, shite roundabouts,
ignorant bus drivers, etc.? Although it's not really a whine about food more of a track kept on it.

Interesting
stats you have in the agriculture thread Kate re. 80% of income spent
on food as opposed to now. Maybe food should be in culture and society.
Food and food lore. What do ye think?

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Food and food lore? - yes, yes and yes again!

(please and thank you Embarassed )

You could put agriculture under Environment and keep the food prices in the other section where i think a lot of people not interested in ag issues might contribute more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:33 pm

I love the idea of a food forum where we can swop menus and hangover remedies. Suspect

A difficulty is that food production and price is going to be a big political issue for the foreseeable future.

I like the idea of a thread that tracks food prices and futures here and globally and think it would be valuable. I apologise for messing up the minerals tracking thread with related political stuff - can it be moved into a new thread. Where do we put 'resource wars' stuff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Just make new threads for resource wars and call it what you like - "Mad Max coming to your City soon - in person". I can try to move it out later but it's no harm that it's there only that it could be the start of a good conversation if moved into a new thread. I don't think it will happen (resource wars) but yourself and youngdan's posts gave me the creeps last night I have to say...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Suggestions for changing this place?
Perhaps Evoting if you are doing root admin for the board you might look around for a warmer skin.

http://en.hitskin.com/ has lots although many decidedly garish.

The forumotion support forum is here http://help.forumotion.com/index.htm

Light green, blue and biscuit can make for a pleasing background.

http://www.irelandfirst.net/forums/index.php
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Do you not like the blue colour of this place ? Light green and biscuit .. hmm. If you see a skin you like yourself would you put a reference to it here? Evoting chose this one - M7 I think and I like it. I adjusted two things though.

Is irelandfirst your site TT? Thanks for putting this link there if it is.

The strange death of politics.ie ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Bigger, more contrasty font please sitemaster, if this is possible cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:28 am

Yes cactus flower is right - and I thing TT is on the right track. This light blue is too cool a colour. (I am sorry to ask for you to change something, realising that this entails more work for you which I am not able to share the burden of)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 am

Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:08 am

Yes that is too much. Thanks though. The present scheme is basically ok because it has the virtue of clean lines and simplicity but the trouble is that it is only differentiated by various shades of blue. Which is definitely hard on the eyes for some of us...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 am

He3, the second one was a joke. Smile See the previous one.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/portal.htm?theme_id=100064

I should point out at this time that I'm colour blind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next