Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:14 am

There's a new button on all the posts (beside the 'Quote' button) that, when you hover the mouse over it, says 'Lock post for new reports'
What does this do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 am

AfricanDave wrote:
There's a new button on all the posts (beside the 'Quote' button) that, when you hover the mouse over it, says 'Lock post for new reports'
What does this do?
Why don't you press it for the craic?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:18 am

The avatars won't move over, the feckers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 am

I tried it and got the following message...
Information

You are not allowed to use this part of the Report Post Hack!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
No Smile

I like that big rusty old thing - what is it - a yoke for drying clothes back in the day?

Fecker. Mad

Is it an old thresher, minus the belts? Is MN rusty and rusted to a standstill? Surely not... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 am

AfricanDave wrote:
I tried it and got the following message...
Information

You are not allowed to use this part of the Report Post Hack!

You need to have moderator status. To satisfy your curiousity I just locked your most recent post here from future reporting. Now you can examine the visual difference between the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 am

Can you lock mine? I want to see my mine locked. Maybe I can lock my own ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 am

I just locked your post for new reports, AD - but I've no idea what that means. Obviously mods can do it but others can't. Let's see what else can be done with it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am

Kate P wrote:
I just locked your post for new reports, AD - but I've no idea what that means. Obviously mods can do it but others can't. Let's see what else can be done with it....

It means that nobody can report it to the site admins. I presume it is to stop people continuously reporting the same post. However, it might be better to use a system like over on P.ie where if you click report and someone else already has, it just tells you that someone got there first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 am

Ok I tried to report my own post and got this message...

Information

This post can’t be reported because it is locked for new reports

So I suppose that answers that question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 am

Can you see an unlock button beside the lock button on Audi and African Dave's posts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 am

What happens if someone reports a post anyway? Do all us moderators get a message or what? I guess the best way is to click it and find out, I'll report this post.

Edit:

Information

You can’t report your own posts.

someone else try me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 am

I've reported your last post, johnfás
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:29 am

Oou johnfas has a red mark.

I'll try to intercept the report before it gets to the office of crime scene investigations in Mountjoy square quick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:30 am

That's interesting, African Dave - Johnfás's exclamation mark went red. I'll try unreporting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 am

Audi, you have to try this. I'm reporting Johnfás again -click on the red thing then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 am

It's not red anymore.
Also, my post above now has padlocks beside both the 'Report post' buttons - obviously as a result of it being locked for new reports.

Edit - now all the report, quote and edit buttons have moved over to the left

Last edited by AfricanDave on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 am

Oh very good, I got a pop up message saying there was a new report. Handy to know it does that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 am

I'm not liking that move to the left. I got a yellow click pop - but no message, when I reported your post for suspected libel.

Hmmm. Is there a cave for mods to find reports sent by Hedwig or something, Audi?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 am

AfricanDave wrote:
It's not red anymore.
Also, my post above now has padlocks beside both the 'Report post' buttons - obviously as a result of it being locked for new reports.

Edit - now all the report, quote and edit buttons have moved over to the left

That was me. The CSS file is a monster.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:39 am

Hmmm.... maybe I can improve on a few thigs ther tomorrow. I notice the ONLINE icon is covered...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:39 am

I much prefer it on the left, though it would be great if we could push it out a bit further on the left. Perhaps get rid of everything left of that white dividing line?

Here I am barking orders and not lifting a finger to help. Slap my hand someone. I'm happy to have a go at doing a machine nation logo if it is wanted.Though I have to say I do like the new one. I just got photoshop so I am happy to mess around.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:45 am

Yeh I'll try and move it more left tomorrow. Should be easy when I find the right line in the code..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 am

Is that CSS under the 'colours' tab in the sidebar in Admin? It's fairly impressive what you can do to the place so. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is that CSS under the 'colours' tab in the sidebar in Admin? It's fairly impressive what you can do to the place so. Well done.

Yeh that's the one.

If you change anything, mark it with a comment /*Like this*/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next