Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation forms a Government

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:09 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Strategies for shootout with de Gaulle

1. Banging of table to be percusssive.

2. Ibis to break pencil ( a la John Major) at inappropriate juncture

3. Kate P to slam doors

4. Edo to keep drink flowin

5. The Seathrúnster to bring up entirely irrelevent topics

Very Happy

I think we can get a deal with that sort of combination. I would imagine that we can array a great defence of our position with you Fab Four!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Who is on the Lisurn renegotiating team?

If there's free boose.......pushes past with elbows.........

Ehh..I think ibis, Edo and Kate P would be excellent choices. You can be Strategy Director.

Yeah, yeah, but what about the free booze ? Priorities A-T !

Laughing

Free booze is officially the number 2 priority of the Machine National Renegotiating Team.

I'm too drunk to remember the first one.

This is remarkable progress. Fire off a press releass ASAP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

As minister for Gaeltacht affairs, can I have, um, a military expansionist policy?

Expansionist? É sin a phlé!

Take back clifden and Dungloe for instance, and eh, resettle them.

So the Gaeltachtaí would be much bigger as a result of our Government's policy?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

3. Kate P to slam doors

Very Happy

I think we can get a deal with that sort of combination. I would imagine that we can array a great defence of our position with you Fab Four!

Don't we need someone to utter barely audible F-words at appropriatel moments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

3. Kate P to slam doors

Very Happy

At your fucking service..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Ok, I have a few policy initiatives that don't involve genocide, mass expulsion or subsequent colonisation.

Number 1. Set up a completely Irish-speaking third level university.

Number 2. Set up a scheme whereby bean an tí's, instead of payment, receive vouchers for free education within the Irish speaking university. This would a, ensure take up within the university, b, promote third level access among gaeltacht students c make gaeltacht access for non-gaeltacht people less expensive, d, encourage third level Irish competence among native Irish speakers.

Riadach out.

Last edited by riadach on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:16 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

3. Kate P to slam doors

Very Happy

A man of many talents Seathrún..an mahith ar fad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

As minister for Gaeltacht affairs, can I have, um, a military expansionist policy?

Expansionist? É sin a phlé!

Take back clifden and Dungloe for instance, and eh, resettle them.

So the Gaeltachtaí would be much bigger as a result of our Government's policy?

In a geographic sense, yes, in a demographic sense, no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:21 pm

riadach wrote:
Ok, I have a few policy initiatives that don't involve genocide, mass expulsion or subsequent colonisation.

Number 1. Set up a completely Irish-speaking third level university.

Which itself should be somewhere like Castlebar to ensure that we maintain the young Irish-speaking populace in their homeplaces which tend to be along the Western Seaboard.

Quote :
Number 2. Set up a scheme whereby bean an tí's, instead of payment, receive vouchers for free education within the Irish speaking university. This would a, ensure take up within the university, b, promote third level access among gaeltacht students c make gaeltacht access for non-gaeltacht people less expensive, d, encourage third level Irish competence among native Irish speakers.

Riadach out.

Very good, it would be more cost-effective in that regard. Also, we should play hard-ball in public procurement to ensure that this great idea doesn't cost too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Which itself should be somewhere like Castlebar to ensure that we maintain the young Irish-speaking populace in their homeplaces which tend to be along the Western Seaboard.

Well having it in a Gaeltacht area would ensure local employment in ancilliary duties. The current proposal is for a Gaeltacht area in the Dingle Peninsula. Considering its remoteness from the other main Gaeltacht areas, this may be disadvantageous. Despite its proximity to NUI Galway, I think the Conamara Gaeltacht may be the best bet, perhaps somewhere sna hOileáin Árann, who are badly in need of the tax revenue to set up proper amenities and connections to the mainland.

Quote :

Very good, it would be more cost-effective in that regard. Also, we should play hard-ball in public procurement to ensure that this great idea doesn't cost too much.

I'll leave that to the Minister for Finance. I'm the idealogue, practicalities don't concern me :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:28 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

3. Kate P to slam doors

Very Happy

A man of many talents Seathrún..an mahith ar fad.

A genuine sophist(icat)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:37 pm

riadach wrote:

Well having it in a Gaeltacht area would ensure local employment in ancilliary duties. The current proposal is for a Gaeltacht area in the Dingle Peninsula. Considering its remoteness from the other main Gaeltacht areas, this may be disadvantageous. Despite its proximity to NUI Galway, I think the Conamara Gaeltacht may be the best bet, perhaps somewhere sna hOileáin Árann, who are badly in need of the tax revenue to set up proper amenities and connections to the mainland.

Well, I'd have to say that Mayo would be a good county to locate it as it would be between both na Gaeltachtaí Ultach agus na Gaeltachtaí Connachtach. It would be in the best catchment area. Kerry people are just going to have to put up and shut up.

Quote :
Quote :

I'll leave that to the Minister for Finance. I'm the idealogue, practicalities don't concern me :-)

Well, I'll ensure that this is both fiscally sustainable and self-liquidating. This'll pay for itself yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
MikeW wrote:
Can I have Internal Security?

"Sooo, when did you stop selling secrets to foreigners, hmmmm?

I would imagine so. How does being Minister for State at the Department for Justice, Equality and Law Reform with special responsibility for Internal Security grab you?

Cool.

*snaffles Electoral register maintence as well, looks innocent*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:46 pm

MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
MikeW wrote:

I would imagine so. How does being Minister for State at the Department for Justice, Equality and Law Reform with special responsibility for Internal Security grab you?

Cool.

Arrest yourself immediately
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:47 pm

MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
MikeW wrote:

Cool.

Laughing

You durty beggar ye!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Well, I'd have to say that Mayo would be a good county to locate it as it would be between both na Gaeltachtaí Ultach agus na Gaeltachtaí Connachtach. It would be in the best catchment area. Kerry people are just going to have to put up and shut up.

Only problem is there is fuck all Irish left in Mayo :-) The only place I can think of is Ceathrú Thaidhg as having a decent proportion of the population speaking Irish. It would also be rather aistreánach for those from Rinn, Muscraí, or Corca Dhuibhne.

Quote :

Well, I'll ensure that this is both fiscally sustainable and self-liquidating. This'll pay for itself yet!

I'm sure the corruption will cover the overheards. Roinn na Gaeltachta shall be a black hole for ethics in public life for that exact purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:38 pm

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Only problem is there is fuck all Irish left in Mayo :-) The only place I can think of is Ceathrú Thaidhg as having a decent proportion of the population speaking Irish. It would also be rather aistreánach for those from Rinn, Muscraí, or Corca Dhuibhne.

Meh. Is cuma liom. The provincials can deal with it. Ollscoil Na Gaeilge will be built in Mayo.

Quote :
Quote :

I'm sure the corruption will cover the overheards. Roinn na Gaeltachta shall be a black hole for ethics in public life for that exact purpose.

Good stuff, all disclosure documents can hence be published as Sean-Gaeilge so they'll be unintelligible, like the Lisbon Treaty!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Meh. Is cuma liom. The provincials can deal with it. Ollscoil Na Gaeilge will be built in Mayo.

My department, my rules. Ard-taoiseach is coming over all Seán Mac Enteeish.

Quote :

Good stuff, all disclosure documents can hence be published as Sean-Gaeilge so they'll be unintelligible, like the Lisbon Treaty!
As éitir rimm sin do dénum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 pm

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

So where do you want it built?

Quote :
Quote :

Smile Whatever that means!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Does this Nation have any vices that I could do a deal on and corner the market early? 10% commission, of the top line of course, lodged in any account, anywhere on the planet, in any name, and pick your currency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Squire wrote:
Does this Nation have any vices that I could do a deal on and corner the market early? 10% commission, of the top line of course, lodged in any account, anywhere on the planet, in any name, and pick your currency.

I've just found my junior minister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Oileáin Árann. We might get some backhanders from Mr Ó Céidigh then. We should at least be able to reduce Aer Árann's reliance on government support through PSOs.

Quote :

Eggggsaaaaactly.

Gerroff, gimme sum.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Squire wrote:

We could use loads of designer handbags for fighting with. Razz I can pay in Euro, Dollar or Rupee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:32 pm

*Minister for Education swaggers in with unmercifully large handbag (seriously) and waits for Riadach to explain to her his expansionist plans into her territory*

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 Martha_stewart_wagging_finger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Quote :
Quote :

You may have to come to my Department if you want Planning Permission Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation forms a Government
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next