Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation forms a Government

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Minister for Foreign Affairs: cookiemonster
Trying to keep me out of the country long enough so I won't challenge your power, devious! 

Ah now, I'm just recognising that we need a strong Libertas man to defend our interests in Europe. Plus, you get a cushy office with lots of expenses in Iveagh House!
Nonsense, I'd be flying to the four corners of the earth promoting Irish interests abroad. Infact I'd be going such a good job of it you could do away with the President, use the Aras as a school or something. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Nonsense, I'd be flying to the four corners of the earth promoting Irish interests abroad. Infact I'd be going such a good job of it you could do away with the President, use the Aras as a school or something. 

Well, there you go. I chose wisely! You can also use your contacts in the Middle East to build new Irish relationships with themselves of the Gulf. We could do with increased political and economic ties with those nations, we need their sovereign funds to get us out of the credit crunch.

I think I might get rid of the President. The Áras could be my Official Residence in that case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 am

Quote :

At least I can say I read the Treaty - which I think is more than the last two have been able to say... and I use considerably fewer swear words than either of them.

Yes, exactly. Our Government will be pushing a Yes vote in a second referendum pending sufficient re-negotiation over the next few months.

Hmmm. I'll be looking forward to the first cabinet discussion of this. I didn't get to read the Trib yet today but the choices offered on the front page didn't seem altogether salubrious. Furthermore, I'm not sure how we can credibly ask the people to vote again - were we to do so tomorrow we'd be hammered. Furthermore noises from Europe have not been pleasing to me thusfar and I'll be looking forward to your information session on how the summit went.

You may recall that members of my party previously in government decided to support the treaty. I'd need to consider my position carefully now - considering I wasn't in favour of it before my promotion....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:34 am

Kate P wrote:

Hmmm. I'll be looking forward to the first cabinet discussion of this. I didn't get to read the Trib yet today but the choices offered on the front page didn't seem altogether salubrious. Furthermore, I'm not sure how we can credibly ask the people to vote again - were we to do so tomorrow we'd be hammered. Furthermore noises from Europe have not been pleasing to me thusfar and I'll be looking forward to your information session on how the summit went.

Well, Merkel, Juncker and the Austrians are fairly positive and pragmatic. I'm sure we can get sufficient declarations added to the Lisbon Treaty to ensure it's passed a second time in the Spring.

Quote :
You may recall that members of my party previously in government decided to support the treaty. I'd need to consider my position carefully now - considering I wasn't in favour of it before my promotion....

Well, I think we can look forward to a better compromise emerging from what we have now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:57 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach, now that you're online, I was thinking that we could use your mhíliste na gaeltachta to be the ground troops in the acquisition of the United Kingdom. Our forsaí cosanta would be strengthened by your stormtroopers.

Cannon fodder? Sorry, not happening. You'll have to give into our demands first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach, now that you're online, I was thinking that we could use your mhíliste na gaeltachta to be the ground troops in the acquisition of the United Kingdom. Our forsaí cosanta would be strengthened by your stormtroopers.

Cannon fodder? Sorry, not happening. You'll have to give into our demands first.

Why would you say that they would be cannon fodder? I have an elite role in mind for the mhíliste na gaeltachta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Why would you say that they would be cannon fodder? I have an elite role in mind for the mhíliste na gaeltachta.

It's the only way in which we could strengthen the defence forces. There's only about 7 people in it for christ's sake :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:03 pm

riadach wrote:

It's the only way in which we could strengthen the defence forces. There's only about 7 people in it for christ's sake :-)

Ah but they're 7 very important people. They can be like the Seven Samurai!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 pm

i suggest the formation of a department of propaganda and the position of its head to be immediately amalgamated with the head of the department of agriculture. thoughts? Catchy sayings will make us stronger. I could come up with a creed and everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

BuachaillBeo wrote:
i suggest the formation of a department of propaganda and the position of its head to be immediately amalgamated with the head of the department of agriculture. thoughts? Catchy sayings will make us stronger. I could come up with a creed and everything.

Surely you mean a Department for Information, rather than Propaganda, BuachaillBeo. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 am

I would like a department of algorithms.

Example House prices:

Opposition say house prices have become unaffordable for two married profs.

Govt. say house prices are comparable with those in Cuba in 1856.

See the problem ?

No point of reference. I want a point of reference for everything, down to the last farthing.

I want a Comparison Protocol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

*.....blows dust off military template.......thrusts into Ard-T's welcoming arms.......stream of expletives.....about turns......purposeful stride........wraps political aide around filling cabinet....adjusts tie.......leaves composed and dignified.....*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Example House prices:

See the problem ?

No point of reference. I want a point of reference for everything, down to the last farthing.

A point of reference ! The Kingdom for a point of reference !

(not back to the Gold Standard)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

*.....blows dust off military template.......thrusts into Ard-T's welcoming arms.......stream of expletives.....about turns......purposeful stride........wraps political aide around filling cabinet....adjusts tie.......leaves composed and dignified.....*

Thank you Seathrún. You're just the man we need in Europe. Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm

Example House prices:

See the problem ?

I think we could call that department Statistical Affairs. I'll take that on board, EvotingMachine0197. I shall begin a process to see if someone can fill the position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Fógra

The Department of Statistical Affairs is henceforward incorporated as department of full capacity.

In light of this it is my duty as Taoiseach to ensure that a Minister directs and oversees its work.

In light of his previous commitment as Taoiseach in our Cabinet, I feel EvotingMachine0197 would be the person for the job since he was the first to express interest in the position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 Mum3

The Tánaiste gives her blessing to this appointment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Kate P wrote:

Smile

You're looking fabulous today, Kate P.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Thank you . Thank you. I accept. What's the dosh like ?

I want to introduce a bill whereby members who post incorrect statistical data and/or incorrect units of measurement can be fined two jugs of beer, payable to me.

Can I do that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Smile

You're looking fabulous today, Kate P.

scratch This job is making me age shockingly as you might have noticed... but I'm glad the hat, jauntily perched at an angle is posing some distraction.

Two jugs of beer sounds fine to me, EVM - if A-T's not online then you can assume that's an executive decision on my part in his absence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 pm

Example House prices:

See the problem ?

From henceforth all things shall be compared to a small Tibetan Yak called Fred.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:56 pm

MikeW wrote:

Example House prices:

See the problem ?

From henceforth all things shall be compared to a small Tibetan Yak called Fred.

Five out of four machine nation members would agree with that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Thank you . Thank you. I accept. What's the dosh like ?

Excellent. Remuneration includes a large basic pay, allowances for staff and pensions. Also, there is a large expense account which you can fiddle with to your heart's content! Officially, I never told you that, kapiche? Smile

Quote :
I want to introduce a bill whereby members who post incorrect statistical data and/or incorrect units of measurement can be fined two jugs of beer, payable to me.

Can I do that ?

You can as long as I decide what beer goes into one of those jugs and get a glass of beer from aforementioned jug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:19 am

Since we have a Government here in the Machine Nation, I think it would also be good if we had a Council of State. This Council would advise myself an Taoiseach and the Cabinet on overall policy formation.

I have a few people in mind for the Council, I shall endeavour to post more details tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Since we have a Government here in the Machine Nation, I think it would also be good if we had a Council of State. This Council would advise myself an Taoiseach and the Cabinet on overall policy formation.

I have a few people in mind for the Council, I shall endeavour to post more details tomorrow.

Eh... Charlie Bird.... RTE....can you give us any details on the plans for this Council of State ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation forms a Government
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next