Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation forms a Government

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 11:27 am

ibis wrote:
Hmm. Initial thoughts on Transport and the Marine:

1. Transport - all freight off-road except local delivery - this will probably involve a re-expansion of the rail network, so we'll need a survey of all the old lines, and compulsory purchase of the necessary land at agricultural prices plus 50%.

2. Transport - Dublin city centre to go car-free except for a couple of 'taxi corridors' - extent to be determined. Will consider for Galway city centre. Might make the whole of Cork car-free.

3. Marine - enforcement of marine conservation measures effective immediately and uncompensated.

4. Marine - Coastal Zone Management plans for the whole country. Enforcement of coastal planning.

Just a thought on Freight, almost all of our main urban areas are coastal. Might light shipping a lot of items be easier then expanding the rail network?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

MikeW wrote:
Just a thought on Freight, almost all of our main urban areas are coastal. Might light shipping a lot of items be easier then expanding the rail network?
Interesting one. Very slow though, no? Shipping would go from Dublin to other places but stuff also lands in Cork which is not as central as Dublin - Dublin can serve Belfast to Wexford unless stuff also lands as Wexford.

Is it energy efficient and economical though ? If we were shipping massive amounts of non-perishable stuff then maybe ..

What do you have in mind ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:43 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Thanks for your kind words An Taoiseach.

You're very welcome.

Quote :
May I propose an avatar ?

Go ahead! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:47 pm

As Taoiseach a slight reshuffle of responsibilities in the Cabinet will be my first act. This is the state of play now:

Taoiseach: Ard-Taoiseach

Tánaiste and Minister for Education: Kate P
Minister for Finance: Pax
Minister for Foreign Affairs: cookiemonster
Minister for Agriculture: BuachaillBeo
Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment: jmcc
Minister for Statistical Affairs; EvotingMachine0197
Minister for Health and Children: johnfás
Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform: MikeW
Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism: WorldbyStorm
Minister for Transport and Marine: ibis
Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government : cactus flower
Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: AfricanDave
Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs: riadach
Minister for Defence: youngdan

Chief Whip: 905
Attorney General: Hermes

Ceann Comhairle: TheBear

I will nominate as European Commissioner SeathrúnCeitinn in light of his sterling efforts as Strategy Director of the Lisbon Re-negotiating Team.

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Justice is very powerful .. did MikeW bags it ? I'd like to work in Justice as I see scope for intimately shaping people's lives as they go about their daily business.

Is there a heavily-armed law enforcement arm in this government of the Machine Nation or are we going pacifistic on it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Right, so officially I have Aire Talmhaíochta for myself and kind of semi-officially (it'll be recognised soon enough Twisted Evil) have the Ceannfort mhílíste na Gaeltachta for myself.... sounds ok, I'll settle for that as a springboard for my own launching into pow.... I mean, thanks Ard-T, I'll always be faithful Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:45 am

AT, you should have told me I was going to be Tánaiste and I would have done a MaryC on it and bought a new rigout and got my hair done for the photos. Thanks though - am rather chuffed. Very Happy

At least I can say I read the Treaty - which I think is more than the last two have been able to say... and I use considerably fewer swear words than either of them.

Would you advise that I nip over the road to Brian (he's probably home on the weekend) and ask him for advice - as a fellow Laois-Offaly person - on being Tánaiste? Would that be worthwhile?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:46 am

I think it is time the downtrodden masses rose up and broke the chains of oppression.

(Good profit in supplying arms particularly to dodgy groups).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:50 am

Very cynical of you Squire, attempting to capitalise on supposed negative undercurrents for your own gain.

I think, however, that you'll find the Irish reluctant to bear arms - don't you know that's why they rejected the Lisbon Treaty...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:59 am

I think you misread the Irish. It is virtually a tradition to fight among ourselves. The English being here merely masked the underlying current. We would rather lie in a ditch in Co Cork in wait to bring someone down than head off on some foreign campaign, strange food, climate, diseases. Why risk it when there is mischief a plenty to be had at home?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:05 am

Could I be equally cynical and suggest that Messrs Johnson, Mooney, O'Brien and Duffy might do you out of a shady buck?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:09 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Justice is very powerful .. did MikeW bags it ? I'd like to work in Justice as I see scope for intimately shaping people's lives as they go about their daily business.

In a future Cabinet re-shuffle, that opportunity may emerge.

Quote :
Is there a heavily-armed law enforcement arm in this government of the Machine Nation or are we going pacifistic on it ?

It is my intention to rule with the preservation of peace as my first priority. I draw inspiration from historical leaders in that regard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:10 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
Right, so officially I have Aire Talmhaíochta for myself and kind of semi-officially (it'll be recognised soon enough Twisted Evil) have the Ceannfort mhílíste na Gaeltachta for myself.... sounds ok, I'll settle for that as a springboard for my own launching into pow.... I mean, thanks Ard-T, I'll always be faithful Wink

You will indeed. Agriculture is a key department which requires the concentration of the Minister concerned on the implementation of policy and the development of the industry in Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:19 am

Is it possible that you might sometime go back to being Darth Vadar, Ard Taoiseach? I just can't get used to you in your current costume?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:30 am

Kate P wrote:
Is it possible that you might sometime go back to being Darth Vadar, Ard Taoiseach? I just can't get used to you in your current costume?

Do you want me to? I was thinking of using himself as the Summer Look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Kate P wrote:
AT, you should have told me I was going to be Tánaiste and I would have done a MaryC on it and bought a new rigout and got my hair done for the photos. Thanks though - am rather chuffed. Very Happy

You're very welcome Kate P, it is in recognition of your talents to bring people together and to create workable solutions. These are necessary talents a Tánaiste must possess.

Quote :
At least I can say I read the Treaty - which I think is more than the last two have been able to say... and I use considerably fewer swear words than either of them.

Yes, exactly. Our Government will be pushing a Yes vote in a second referendum pending sufficient re-negotiation over the next few months.

Quote :
Would you advise that I nip over the road to Brian (he's probably home on the weekend) and ask him for advice - as a fellow Laois-Offaly person - on being Tánaiste? Would that be worthwhile?

It would be very worthwhile as Taoiseach, I endorse that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 6:32 pm

As the third act in my role as Taoiseach I am nominating to the post of Minister of State to these below Machine Nationals. They shall deputise the Senior Minister in each respective Department and represent the Department in the absence of the Senior Minister.

Minister of State(MoS) for Education: unaligned
MoS for Finance: Squire
MoS for Foreign Affairs: arnaudherve
MoS for Agriculture: expat girl
MoS for Enterprise, Trade and Employment: lostexpectation
MoS for Health and Children: Slim Buddha
MoS for Justice, Equality and Law Reform: stannis
MoS for Arts, Sport and Tourism: DeGaulle
MoS for Transport and Marine: Aragon
MoS for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government : Brandubh
MoS for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Zhou_Enlai
MoS for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs: anmajornathainig
MoS for Defence: Atticus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
As the third act in my role as Taoiseach I am nominating to the post of Minister of State to these below Machine Nationals. They shall deputise the Senior Minister in each respective Department and represent the Department in the absence of the Senior Minister.

It seems like the whole Cabinet is absent today. What's going on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I am delighted with this development. *begins plotting*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 pm

unaligned wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I am delighted with this development. *begins plotting*

You are very welcome. I hope yourself and Kate P can bring together the right calibre of experience to really make things happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
As Taoiseach a slight reshuffle of responsibilities in the Cabinet will be my first act. This is the state of play now:

I will nominate as European Commissioner SeathrúnCeitinn in light of his sterling efforts as Strategy Director of the Lisbon Re-negotiating Team.

European Decommissioner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:35 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

European Decommissioner?

Bíodh do rogha teideal agat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Trying to keep me out of the country long enough so I won't challenge your power, devious! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:43 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Trying to keep me out of the country long enough so I won't challenge your power, devious! 

Ah now, I'm just recognising that we need a strong Libertas man to defend our interests in Europe. Plus, you get a cushy office with lots of expenses in Iveagh House!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:49 pm

riadach, now that you're online, I was thinking that we could use your mhíliste na gaeltachta to be the ground troops in the acquisition of the United Kingdom. Our forsaí cosanta would be strengthened by your stormtroopers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation forms a Government
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next