Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will you vote for in the golden spider awards malarky ?
Machine Nation
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap84%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
Boards.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Pix.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
lonely.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
jumbletown.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Ammado.com
 5% [ 1 ]
prebait.com
 0% [ 0 ]
nimble.ie
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 4:32 am

It's brilliant and good luck in the exam later in the month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Play piano That's brilliant!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Vote early and vote often! It's the true democratic way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am

Boards won it

http://www.goldenspiders.ie/news.php

Why why why - we're better than them ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:39 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Boards won it

If you look at the title of the award - People's Choice - you'll see why. We just don't have the numbers for gathering votes and in fairness, we didn't launch a great vote-getting campaign.

I was going to make comparisons between us and the Golden Spiders and political parties and Lisbon but perhaps it's wiser to remain shtumm..?

But onwards and upwards for next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:58 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Boards won it

It was to be expected considering they're about 1000 times larger than us in terms of membership. That alone ensures a large constituency we will but be at victory.

Aside from that, boo to democracy. The people don't seem to know better. The award should've been decided by (pliable) judges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:10 am

To paraphase Stephen Colbert in the aftermath of the Obama victory: it's not about the quantity of votes, but the quality!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:19 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Boards won it

It was to be expected considering they're about 1000 times larger than us in terms of membership. That alone ensures a large constituency we will but be at victory.

Aside from that, boo to democracy. The people don't seem to know better. The award should've been decided by (pliable) judges.

They used to be well bent back in the early days. We sponsored an award, and judged another, and the smart money was always on the entrant most likely to sponsor an award the following year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Well done to Boards.ie, as worthy winners (whether by fair means of foul - and I'm sure it was fair) and well done to us, for getting on the short list, particularly when we don't even fit the category confused Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:08 am

cactus flower wrote:
Well done to Boards.ie, as worthy winners (whether by fair means of foul - and I'm sure it was fair) and well done to us, for getting on the short list, particularly when we don't even fit the category confused Very Happy

Who actually picks the shortlist? Some person in Eircom who googles away for a day on Irish websites or is it more formally done? I only ask as I can't recall us gettng prior notification of this nomination. Perhaps a notification would contain the nomination process therein.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 am

I think Ibis knows about these things: he seems to have a jaundiced view No

Laughing

I don't expect it is very formal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 am

cactus flower wrote:
I think Ibis knows about these things: he seems to have a jaundiced view No

Laughing

I don't expect it is very formal.

Let's start stocking up on bribes, ah, I mean, gifts for next year's judges. Everyone donates a fiver and we get them bottles of Moet and other expensive trinkets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 am

I suspect machine nation was chosen to make up numbers in the category.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:02 am

I say that avoiding the attention of winning is a good thing, keeps the unwashed hoi polloi from the gates...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:03 am

Indeed, one cookiemonster is more than enough.

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:09 am

My CIA contacts tell me the clone will be ready presently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 am

cookiemonster wrote:

It may appear as a joke but Cookie does have some rather spooky associates.

Cookie it may be a bit more complicated that your simplistic jingoism. Can you tell us what Declan Ganley's Tigris Staffing actual staffed in Baghdad?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:55 am

Frightened Albanian wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Cookie it may be a bit more complicated that your simplistic jingoism. Can you tell us what Declan Ganley's Tigris Staffing actual staffed in Baghdad?

Off topic, Frightened Albanian, even if it is an interesting question. My guess is that Tigris Staffing was as insubstantial and temporary as many of the other firms you have described. I see little signs of Declan having pushed Halliburton off its pedestal. Lets take this one back to the right thread please.

Cookie - everyone knows that the entire Golden Spiders farago is "to make up numbers". Having said that, Boards.ie deserved to win on a number of counts, and we deserved our nomination. Its a bit like the X-factor: insane, but just.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 am

cookiemonster wrote:

In a category that includes a few big names, shows we've been noticed and brought the kind of publicity you can't buy because it's a people's choice award, I can't say I'd be too bothered if that was the case - onwards and upwards as we say here! Woo hoo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Something tells me every site except boards.ie was chosen to make up numbers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Frightened Albanian wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Off topic, Frightened Albanian, even if it is an interesting question. My guess is that Tigris Staffing was as insubstantial and temporary as many of the other firms you have described. I see little signs of Declan having pushed Halliburton off its pedestal. Lets take this one back to the right thread please.

Cookie - everyone knows that the entire Golden Spiders farago is "to make up numbers". Having said that, Boards.ie deserved to win on a number of counts, and we deserved our nomination. Its a bit like the X-factor: insane, but just.

Ah I know, its great the the place was noticed. You're obviously being watched (spooky). Any idea how many votes the place got? It would have been cool to do a Wolfe Tones on it all the same.

Also, but weird to call something as off topic and then engage in the off topic questions asked. Though I suppose when it's anti-ganley it's ok. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:54 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Post removed.

Kate P/Mod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Kev Bar wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Post removed Kate P/Mod.

Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Kev Bar wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Post removed.

Give a brother a break Kev. CM has always shown good grace on MN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Kev Bar wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Post removed. Kate P/Mod.

Give a brother a break Kev. CM has always shown good grace on MN.

I've tried to, Zhou, I've tried. But in the face of Nazi references I find it very hard to keep tryingl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next