Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will you vote for in the golden spider awards malarky ?
Machine Nation
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_lcap84%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
Boards.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_lcap5%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Pix.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_lcap0%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
lonely.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_lcap0%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
jumbletown.ie
Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_lcap5%Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Ammado.com
 5% [ 1 ]
prebait.com
 0% [ 0 ]
nimble.ie
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Empty
PostSubject: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! NEW-GWS-BALLOONS_Lg

Shortlist Announced - Vote Early, and Vote Often - http://www.goldenspiders.ie/publicvoting.php

eircom Golden Spider Awards, November 20th

After much deliberating, the shortlist for this years awards has been announced.
Click here to view 2008 shortlist

This year was the most competitive to date with a record number of entries to choose from. The countdown has now begun to who will be awarded the Golden Spider's for '08

Best Social Networking & Community website
This year also sees a public vote introduced for the Best Social Networking & Community website from the following shortlist. Voting can me made online here and will close on November 18th, with the winner announced on the night of the awards.

www.ammado.com
www.boards.ie
www.jumbletown.ie
www.lonely.ie
www.machinenation.forumakers.com
www.nimble.ie
www.pix.ie
www.prebait.com

The eircom Golden Spider Awards...
The eircom Golden Spider Awards now in their 12th year, are an annual event honouring Irish individuals and organisations for their outstanding achievements online and celebrate high achievement in digital creativity and innovation.

With 24 different categories, across the full sector of industries - including Media, Entertainment, Sports & Leisure, Finance, Retail, Professional Services, Education, Travel, Community & Charity, Tourism & Hospitality and E-business, there truly is something for everyone.

cheers cheers cheers to all who floated this boat and who keep it sailing.

Last edited by cactus flower on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Should we post it on p.ie for a vote ? Dave would surely let us do that now, wouldn't he ? It's not like we're in competition with him or anything...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:09 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Should we post it on p.ie for a vote ? Dave would surely let us do that now, wouldn't he ? It's not like we're in competition with him or anything...

Naughty, but nice Smile Congratulations Audi !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Naughty, but nice Smile Congratulations Audi !

Oh eh thanks. I think it's been a group effort though, fair play to ye all Play piano
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Not in the least surprised.

Congrats Audi and team. Take a bow. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:51 pm

well done. if you win will we see faces in the paper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Hooray! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Well done to you all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Fair play lads n ladies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Well done to you all.

And to you Zhou, and all Members of the Machine Nation. We'll have to ask Ard-Taoiseach to give a speech Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Up the Machinators!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 pm

If I hear of anybody voting for that Ammado lot................... Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Edo wrote:

You'll what..? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Shocked

Holy Schmoly. How did this happen. ?

I'm stunned. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Well done to you all.
Well done to us all Zhou. Oh wait, I see what you're up to, fishing for inclusion.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:37 pm

905 wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Well done to you all.
Well done to us all Zhou. Oh wait, I see what you're up to, fishing for inclusion.

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:17 am

cactus flower wrote:
Edo wrote:

Grrr Evil or Very Mad

Let me put it to you this way - the founders and current owners of Ammado are also the chairman and director of the company I work for - the company that refuses to pay us our wages and has us currently in some weird type of legal limbo - unpaid but still employed - dont get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 am

Well I voted. Well done to Kate P, Auditor and Cactus. Have I missed anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:20 am

Edo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Edo wrote:

Grrr Evil or Very Mad

Let me put it to you this way - the founders and current owners of Ammado are also the chairman and director of the company I work for - the company that refuses to pay us our wages and has us currently in some weird type of legal limbo - unpaid but still employed - dont get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be voting for machinenation many times then Edo Wink

That sounds barely legal though. Do you sue or what? Have you put a lien/charge on the company?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:22 am

Respvblica wrote:
Well I voted. Well done to Kate P, Auditor and Cactus. Have I missed anyone?

You have, but he's very reserved. Neutral He won't mind.

I've voted too. Very Happy

We all have to vote against Edo's b'stard bosses: "The Global Community of People Who Care". tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:32 am

cactus flower wrote:
Edo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Edo wrote:

Grrr Evil or Very Mad

You'll be voting for machinenation many times then Edo Wink

That sounds barely legal though. Do you sue or what? Have you put a lien/charge on the company?

Well the company had not been doing well over the last few months and we have been on protective notice since early Sept - but we had promised verbally that our salaries would be paid - then the rumours went around last week that this would not be honoured and until I decided to communicate directly with the Chairman to see if our wages would be paid we had heard nothing - got a reply off him to say that under legal advice salaries would not be paid - full stop - nothing else - so we are seeking legal advice this week - hasnt been easy to get anybody to talk to us - 4 legal firms turned us down - its not easy when your opponent and all of the board are fully paid members of the Law Society - yep its been mad - we are expected (I think) to go on like nothing has happened -but we cant do anything because the company is virtually insolvent - its gonna be very messy - Im in a weird place - not fully an employee - but now a creditor - havent been made redundant - so if I walk away now - I get no redundancy or the rest of what is owed to me. We are getting legal advice tomorrow and after that the gloves will be coming off and Ammado will be directly in our line of sight - The "Giving Site" my backside.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:36 am

That's Ammado out of the race then. 1 down 6 to go. cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 am

Good luck Edo. I am working at the moment to pay people's redundancy and don't grudge it, even to the 'ffer that took the first Monday of every month off with a head ache. Mad

The only thing I've heard in relation to dodgy companies is putting a charge on them so that if they go bankrupt you are not bottom of the list. Hopefully tomorrow will give you a good steer on how to take them on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 am

Edo - Fight the good fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 am

Respvblica to answer your earlier question as to who to congratulate - the site is more or less wide open and highly participatory and members are encouraged to make it their own if they have the enthusiasm. There are some great characters, writers, commentators and debaters here as I'm sure there are already regular readers (if the stats are accurate) who might have their favourites who they read faithfully.

There are very capable thinkers and writers out there who thankfully contribute to sites like this for free and the net would be a lot poorer without those people contributing freely on those sites. Ye should all be very proud of yourselves that you have the energy and interest to put your thoughts down into posts on some difficult but very interesting and pertinent topics as we deal with here and elsewhere - I think it's very very necessary and thankless but here's a thanks from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!   Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation - Onwards and Upwards - Our First Nomination !!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next