Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:56 am

Audit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:00 am

Audit on the right line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:09 am

Atticus wrote:
Audit on the right line.
"Audit" is on the right track so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:25 am

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:27 am

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:39 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Audit on the right line.
"Audit" is on the right track so?

Yes. I think so too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 am

Link colours! Link colours! Links in the text are very hard to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 2:16 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I think you have to put an underline under your link to make it more visible ibis - yeah, I agree with you on that the links are invisible. Don't know about changing that at all meself but you do know that Chameleonic links are the height of internet fashion now ye know that lads, c'mon surely ta God

Totally missed that link about the 10 important eonomic events
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Yep, the link colours are weird, and I agree too difficult to see.
I think we might have to change the skin again to fix that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Wasn't there a page of skins where anyone could have a look? I'll try to find it and post a link here.

Maybe I'll just leave it until tonight to change the skin... Isn't there not anything that we can do to modify the buttons or anything? Customisation or something ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I think you have to put an underline under your link to make it more visible ibis - yeah, I agree with you on that the links are invisible. Don't know about changing that at all meself but you do know that Chameleonic links are the height of internet fashion now ye know that lads, c'mon surely ta God

Sorry to be so totally out of fashion - any chance of a lesson in how to hide a link behind something else? Now that I've got the pictures mastered I'm ready for phase two... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Kate P wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Sorry to be so totally out of fashion - any chance of a lesson in how to hide a link behind something else? Now that I've got the pictures mastered I'm ready for phase two... Cool

I second that emoticon
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:42 pm

There's 2 ways on this site.
First way is to click the link icon above the reply box and paste the link into the top textbox and the link text (what you want the link to appear as) in the bottom one.

Second way is to type it manually

[url=http://www.anysiteontheweb.com]Text I want to appear[/url]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
There's 2 ways on this site.
First way is to click the link icon above the reply box and paste the link into the top textbox and the link text (what you want the link to appear as) in the bottom one.

Second way is to type it manually

Text I want to appear

what I'm listening to now

How cool is that? Almost as cool as the album above and that great song. Thank you kindly EVM.

Above is much more moodful, Seathrún...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 pm

this is Tom at his headf##king best

How dare you claim Ian Anderson isn't moodful?

try this

I was on a promise from the same Cailleach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

try this

I think Auditor posted a link to an animated video for that once upon a time - it's a class piece of work though. There is nothing that man can't do.

I haven't had a proper night's sleep really in weeks. I can't keep my eyes open, seeing as it's daylight. My mother is sending me texts telling me to sleep and I feel like thumping her and auditioning for a bit part on the next remake of Night of the Living Dead. Ian Anderson who is really a skinny if more tuneful Fortycoats on acid, is not the thing when you can't keep your eyes open and don't really want to but still have a heap of work to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:49 pm

TheBear wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
i feel this way tryin to learn how to use these icons
Not like this guy?

Those crazy norwegians Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Where's the title Machine Nation? It hasn't been there for about 2-3 hours now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 pm

And now for your next lesson: embedding

In youtube on the right of the video where it says "About This Video", if you copy the embed code under that in the box and just paste it here it should turn out embedded as in above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:59 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
And now for your next lesson: embedding

In youtube on the right of the video where it says "About This Video", if you copy the embed code under that in the box and just paste it here it should turn out embedded as in above.

Thanks, Auditor #9. I've a YouTube thread idea cooking. It may or may not appear this week.

With this knowledge, it shall be complete! It will be alive, alive, alive!

And I'm a 3-digit binary! Coool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 pm

And then all was changed, changed utterly. I like.

The cogs are makin a bid for freedom at the left of screen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Kate P wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

try this

I think Auditor posted a link to an animated video for that once upon a time - it's a class piece of work though. There is nothing that man can't do.

I haven't had a proper night's sleep really in weeks. I can't keep my eyes open, seeing as it's daylight. My mother is sending me texts telling me to sleep and I feel like thumping her and auditioning for a bit part on the next remake of Night of the Living Dead. Ian Anderson who is really a skinny if more tuneful Fortycoats on acid, is not the thing when you can't keep your eyes open and don't really want to but still have a heap of work to do.

At this time of year perhaps you need some more daylight/vitamin D - perhaps if you tried sticking your head out into the sun for a few minutes whenever it appears, and make sure your room is really dark at night, that might help - apologies if you are already outside the whole time. Also, if you are like me you might be using caffeine to stay awake after not enough sleep What a Face - road to ruin my deeah! No caffeine after 4 p.m. - a nice mint tea instead. The work will get done better if you have some sleep and a little walk in the morning. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

try this

Anyone claiming anything bad about Tull will be shot. Repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next