Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
I like TODAY! Because I just got confirmation of my getting my Masters degree. Cool

Geil, Slim Buddha! That's great to hear. What did you do for your Masters?

I am now Slim Buddha, Dip. EU Law, LLB., LLM. The thesis was on the influence of the GATS on public services world-wide.

congrats slim buddha!!!!
pardon my ignorance, but what is a GATS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
I like TODAY! Because I just got confirmation of my getting my Masters degree. Cool

I am now Slim Buddha, Dip. EU Law, LLB., LLM. The thesis was on the influence of the GATS on public services world-wide.

Cool. I'd imagine you got a Douglas with all the knowledge you have on the subject as illustrated by your contributions here.

Unfortunately, Zürich University are very "penetrant" when it comes to footnotes etc and of course they don't like the likes of me messing up the German language. Furthermore, despite the international nature of the GATS, I had to deal with German, Dutch, French and Swiss law, which as you are no doubt aware, is codified Napoleanic law and quite different from our dry and dusty common law stuff. Anyway I did not get the top evaluation but I did get the next to it. I am more than satisfied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:26 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

congrats slim buddha!!!!

General Agreement on Trade in Services.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

congrats slim buddha!!!!

Thank you very much, zakalwe.

It is the World Trade Organisation's General Agreement on Trade in Services.

Last edited by Slim Buddha on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

congrats slim buddha!!!!

is it intended to be a universal agreement like GATT?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Unfortunately, Zürich University are very "penetrant" when it comes to footnotes etc and of course they don't like the likes of me messing up the German language. Furthermore, despite the international nature of the GATS, I had to deal with German, Dutch, French and Swiss law, which as you are no doubt aware, is codified Napoleanic law and quite different from our dry and dusty common law stuff. Anyway I did not get the top evaluation but I did get the next to it. I am more than satisfied.

Die schweizerische Schweinhunden! Still, getting a high honour on a complicated topic as that is to be commended. Will there be more prosecco am Zurichsee to celebrate the good news?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:29 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

congrats slim buddha!!!!

Between WTO member states at any rate.
Back to top Go down

zakalwe wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

congrats slim buddha!!!!

It already is. And much more insidious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 Darth210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 Darth210

While it actually looks more like Dick Cheney, I take your point, Ard!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:42 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Die schweizerische Schweinhunden! Still, getting a high honour on a complicated topic as that is to be commended. Will there be more prosecco am Zurichsee to celebrate the good news?

Selbstverständlich! Next week. Graduation ceremony in the Fraumunster (windows by Marc Chagall) and a dinner in a Zunfthaus on the Limmat. Plenty of prosecco quaffing opportunities then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

While it actually looks more like Dick Cheney, I take your point, Ard!! Very Happy

Very Happy Thanks. Star Wars/Trek is very useful in these situations. Darth Sidious does bear striking resemblance to the Co-President.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Selbstverständlich! Next week. Graduation ceremony in the Fraumunster (windows by Marc Chagall) and a dinner in a Zunfthaus on the Limmat. Plenty of prosecco quaffing opportunities then.

Ooh, wieder geil!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

AND you did it all on a computer - twice!!

Congratulations, Slim Buddha and very, very well done.
Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

AND you did it all on a computer - twice!!

Congratulations, Slim Buddha and very, very well done.
Congratulations

Thank you Kate. Actually it was three times altogether so I figure I have written 140 pages altogether on matters as diverse as the British Rail privatisation, the Chilean health insurance system, water sanitation in Buenos Aires, the establishment and privatisation of Sibneft and Yukos in Russia, Enron's scalping of Pacific Gas and Electric, the neo-liberal experiment in New Zealand, the legal prohibitions on water privatisation in Uruguay and the Netherlands, Singapore land ownership and the Cochacampa riots. I am glad it's over. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Phew!

Is it too early to ask 'what next?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Kate P wrote:
Phew!

A Forensic Examination of the Lisbon Treaty with regards to International Taxation and Accounting Standards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Kate P wrote:
Phew!

it certainly is! Cool

Sick of law books at this stage..........

I might do something totally different to keep my mind active in the long winter evenings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

I might do something totally different to keep my mind active in the long winter evenings

What about my suggestion. It'd be fascinating. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Phew!

A Forensic Examination of the Lisbon Treaty with regards to International Taxation and Accounting Standards.

I will gladly leave that "challenge" to someone else Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Phew!

Perhaps we should get any trolls which may or may not appear here the task of writing a 10,000 word thesis on the subject!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Phew!

Perhaps we should get any trolls which may or may not appear here the task of writing a 10,000 word thesis on the subject!

Excellent idea! The first sign of a troll/nutter, this is the Aufgabe they get. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:05 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Phew!

Excellent idea! The first sign of a troll/nutter, this is the Aufgabe they get. Laughing

Genau! And if we see them set up a second account, they have to translate their efforts into German.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:19 am

Ausgezeichnet Slim Buddha. Top man ! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:23 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Ausgezeichnet Slim Buddha. Top man ! cheers

Isn't he just? A great achievement our Slim Buddha has garnered altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next