Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:00 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Can't answer that one, cookie, I'm afraid.

You are just not trying hard enough...

*glares*

Try Lidl. They had Glühwein in 2005, but it came with instructions in German. It is quite possible that the customers didn't heat it up and drank it as they wold a normal bottle of red wine and found it awful. Mind you, Lidl definitely would not have Glühwien on August 1st. Anywhere.

Besides it never gets cold enough in Ireland for Glühwein.

It does in my body. I don't have much by way on insulation. I shall have a look in Lidl in a few months time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:20 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Can't answer that one, cookie, I'm afraid.

You are just not trying hard enough...

*glares*

Try Lidl. They had Glühwein in 2005, but it came with instructions in German. It is quite possible that the customers didn't heat it up and drank it as they wold a normal bottle of red wine and found it awful. Mind you, Lidl definitely would not have Glühwien on August 1st. Anywhere.

Besides it never gets cold enough in Ireland for Glühwein.

It does in my body. I don't have much by way on insulation. I shall have a look in Lidl in a few months time.

Lidl also had "Grog" in in 2005. This stuff was good but I do know of a few cases where the customers did drink this cold and thought it was great.

There's nowt so queer as folk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 am

I remember when I first went to Germany finding it very hard to understand the food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:59 am

cactus flower wrote:
I remember when I first went to Germany finding it very hard to understand the food.

The food spoke to you?

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 Hippy%20chic
Cactus flower, Germany, 1980s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:00 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The food spoke to you?

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 Hippy%20chic
Cactus flower, Germany, 1980s

Thats only gorgeous cookiemonster where did you get it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 am

It is cool. I would have loved to be a Hippy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:47 am

You can join all those other hippy chartered accountants lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 am

riadach wrote:

Nobody can party like a chartered accountant can party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:59 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

Mercifully...

I love waking up before the alarm to the sun streaming in the window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 11:04 am

Kate P wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

Mercifully...

I love waking up before the alarm to the sun streaming in the window.

In Spain, is it Kate?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:24 pm

I like brie cheese. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:59 pm

I like days off.

Also, should I keep the beard or shave it off?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

OFF!! OFF!! OFF!! OFF!! OFF!!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I like days off.

Also, should I keep the beard or shave it off?

I'd say shave it off. cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 6:03 pm

I dunno, I like playing with it and it makes me look all rugged and manly, that's sure to impress the ladies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:12 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I dunno, I like playing with it and it makes me look all rugged and manly, that's sure to impress the ladies?

cookie. Remember Samson. His source of strength and virility was in his follicular fortitude. Keep it and nourish it with the best of care and you will live well and strong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm liking classical music btw. Brahms and Vivaldi have been my accompaniment to the excellent discussion here on MN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I'm liking classical music btw. Brahms and Vivaldi have been my accompaniment to the excellent discussion here on MN.

A while back I bought one of those 101 great classics type CDs, it was €5 or something like that. Recordings aren't great but worth a fiver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:21 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

A while back I bought one of those 101 great classics type CDs, it was €5 or something like that. Recordings aren't great but worth a fiver.

I remember when watching the likes of Countdown and Fifteen to One on a relaxing Friday afternoon a few years back, there was this ad for a whole collection of classical music CDs. I think it was called "Classical Greats" or something like that. They came in a big goldy-lookin' card case and cost about 30 euro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I remember when watching the likes of Countdown and Fifteen to One on a relaxing Friday afternoon a few years back, there was this ad for a whole collection of classical music CDs. I think it was called "Classical Greats" or something like that. They came in a big goldy-lookin' card case and cost about 30 euro.

I got "Classical Gold" a fifty cd box set with four bonus cds for 6.99 euro in Musgraves. It's excellent with every composer you can think of.

I would have bought 10 of them had I been a classical music hawker

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Shop around! I keep it in the car, soothes me while I drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:28 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

I got "Classical Gold" a fifty cd box set with four bonus cds for 6.99 euro in Musgraves.

Sounds like the Best of Spandau Ballet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:30 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

I got "Classical Gold" a fifty cd box set with four bonus cds for 6.99 euro in Musgraves.

Sounds like the Best of Spandau Ballet

How dare you sir? But nevertheless it's true ahem,..sooo true, funny how it seems...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:31 pm

I like pubs. Which is where I am going now... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I got "Classical Gold" a fifty cd box set with four bonus cds for 6.99 euro in Musgraves. It's excellent with every composer you can think of.

I would have bought 10 of them had I been a classical music hawker

I think that's the one. Any classical composer you wanted, it was there in the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next