Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:32 am

I like the yellow arrow one receives when a PM arrives in your inbox. It does look very nice up there atop the page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 pm

I like flying back in over Dublin. Coming in north of Dublin... first you spot a bit of land, unsure where you are. Then you get a quick glance across Dublin Bay to the embracing arms of Dun Laoghaire Harbour. Soon enough you feel as if you are heading directly up the Liffey as you drift past the Poolbeg Towers and slowly down to land. It is my favourite approach to an airport, it is the approach to home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:50 pm

I like the smell of cut-grass. Smells like summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:03 am

905 wrote:
I like the smell of cut-grass. Smells like summer.

Hi 905 - plenty of that here. One woman went to mow...went to mow the meadow... One of my favourite smells too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:07 am

I like the wee jingle when an email arrives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 am

I now like Gulab Jaman an utterly delicious Indian dessert. I was out last Thursday at an Indian restaurant and went for it as my choice to finish up a rather satisfying dinner of lentil soup followed by Veg Jalfrezi with a bottle of Cobra on the side. Gulab Jaman now rivals creme bruleé as my dessert of choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:10 am

Cobra is a lovely beer.

The Indian restaurant up by the petrol station on the Dublin side of Lucan village is excellent, AT, but I'm sure you already know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:35 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Cobra is a lovely beer.

The Indian restaurant up by the petrol station on the Dublin side of Lucan village is excellent, AT, but I'm sure you already know that.

I found it to be interestingly heavier than the very light flavour of Chinese beers. It was richer in personality.

Tne restaurant is in the general vicinity of the Ard-Taoiseachúil residence and is quite good as is a place called Taste of India in Leixlip. There's also a place called RAZQ down the far end of Lucan Village and it's full of tasty ethnic stuff. We're a veritable cosmopolis here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Cobra is a lovely beer.

I found it to be interestingly heavier than the very light flavour of Chinese beers. It was richer in personality.

Tne restaurant is in the general vicinity of the Ard-Taoiseachúil residence and is quite good as is a place called Taste of India in Leixlip. There's also a place called RAZQ down the far end of Lucan Village and it's full of tasty ethnic stuff. We're a veritable cosmopolis here!

Aye, the village side of Lucan is a lovely spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:49 am

cookiemonster wrote:

And we're very ecumenical here as well. The local churches get on famously and we have lots of them. Methodist, Presbyterians and Church of Ireland all share space with our Catholic churches. Lucan is lovely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

And we're very ecumenical here as well. The local churches get on famously and we have lots of them. Methodist, Presbyterians and Church of Ireland all share space with our Catholic churches. Lucan is lovely!

Shame about the traffic. But it doesn't come close to my wee village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:00 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Yeah, but with everything in walking distance and excellent bus services, you don't need a car here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:04 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Yeah, but with everything in walking distance and excellent bus services, you don't need a car here.

Aye, but you can't get THE BEST roast beef sandwich in the WORLD in Lucan, you have to come here for that.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 pm

I like Dragon's Den.
Although I have bever seen Debra whatshername invest in anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I like Dragon's Den.

I have once or twice. She actually went into a bidding war with one of the other dragons on one occasion. She knows her stuff, but is perhaps a bit overcautious. Surely successful entrepreneurship is about taking a risk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 pm

riadach wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I like Dragon's Den.

I have once or twice. She actually went into a bidding war with one of the other dragons on one occasion. She knows her stuff, but is perhaps a bit overcautious. Surely successful entrepreneurship is about taking a risk.

If somebody comes up with something related to tourism in the west of England, she usually shows an interest. I get the impression that this is very much home turf for her and she is very cautious in other industry sectors. Duncan Bannantyne seems to be the most risk-friendly along with the Jones guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Aye, but you can't get THE BEST roast beef sandwich in the WORLD in Lucan, you have to come here for that.

Meh. I'm more fond of vegetarian fare. I can live very well without beef.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:55 pm

It's good to see you have at least one flaw, AT.

Mmmmm, baked cow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 am

cookiemonster wrote:
It's good to see you have at least one flaw, AT.

Mmmmm, baked cow...

Flaw? Being fond of the vegetarian lifestyle is a flaw? Cén fath?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 2:51 pm

I like TODAY! Because I just got confirmation of my getting my Masters degree. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
I like TODAY! Because I just got confirmation of my getting my Masters degree. Cool

Three cheers for you Slim Buddha! Well deserved.
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:01 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Three cheers for you Slim Buddha! Well deserved.
cheers cheers cheers

Thank you very much, cactusflower. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Geil, Slim Buddha! That's great to hear. What did you do for your Masters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

I am now Slim Buddha, Dip. EU Law, LLB., LLM. The thesis was on the influence of the GATS on public services world-wide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:20 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

I am now Slim Buddha, Dip. EU Law, LLB., LLM. The thesis was on the influence of the GATS on public services world-wide.

Cool. I'd imagine you got a Douglas with all the knowledge you have on the subject as illustrated by your contributions here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next