Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Thats where they already are!

Hmm, maybe we need to up the ampage on this. Have you access to some liquid nitrogen? That might be of sufficient coolness to preserve your goods.
Heston, is that you? 

With some mashed papaya and quail egg porridge served with X-rayed rocket salad.
It's is you! I thought your lentil, mercury and diswater soup was divine! 

I'm glad to hear it! Wait till you've had my flambéed pomegranates in an amino acid coulis and you'll be in a whole new world!
Or back to the gastroenterology ward... again. 

Well, you'll be delighted to know that my aperitif is Picolax-enriched mulled wine! Synchronicity or wha?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 am

Well you'll all be delighted to know my mother has just arrived and is making hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate, heavy rain and a Tunnocks teacake. What else is there in life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 am

Kate P wrote:
Well you'll all be delighted to know my mother has just arrived and is making hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate, heavy rain and a Tunnocks teacake. What else is there in life?

A terrific, triumphant, Tunnocks trinity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 am

It's a very nocturnal existence that you seem to live down there Kate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 am

Not really - I'm usually an early to bed and very early to rise person. Tonight, however, the weather is worth staying up for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 am

I would love to be a morning person, I just can't pull it off. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:53 am

I love being first up in the morning, gives you free run of the bathroom when you are competing with a sibling. I also love to be first down to breakfast. I also much prefer going for a run first thing in the morning rather than in the evening. I'm going shopping first thing with the girlfriend tomorrow morning... or should I say I'm going bag carrying... and then I'll study in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 2:56 am

I have a negitive association of being up = going to work. I always rise late on a saturday and feel half the day is gone even though if I was up at 8am I don't doubt that I would be in bed 3 hours earlier. I like being up early when I have a defined purpose outside the norm like during the lisbon campaign. But I guess being in the city centre made it a lot easier. I guess maybe commuting has something to do with it. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 am

Yea, I think living where I do, in Terenure, enables me to enjoy my mornings more than others might. Whilst it is most certainly a suburban existence, my bike gets me into town in circa 15 minutes so I can probably enjoy a week day morning more than others might.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 am

I like the sound of rain on water. Especially on pools or large fountains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:01 am

johnfás wrote:
Yea, I think living where I do, in Terenure, enables me to enjoy my mornings more than others might. Whilst it is most certainly a suburban existence, my bike gets me into town in circa 15 minutes so I can probably enjoy a week day morning more than others might.
Are you the annoying woman off the AIB ad? Seriously, I only watch about an hour of TV a week and I must see that ad about five times. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 am

Hahaha, I know the ad indeed. I am a customer of the AIB in Terenure... I just wish they would give me as much money as they seem to have given her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:06 am

I love the fact of having the world to myself in the morning - when no one is around. I like getting up, putting on this ugly grey snuggly woolly wrap thing, sitting on the step with juice or hot chocolate, depending on the mood and doing some work or morning pages. It's not the same at the moment because of the houseguests who come and go at all hours and I hate being interrupted during those hours. I don't find it hard to get up - though on nights like this, I find it hard to go to bed.

Arnaudherve, if you like the sound of rain on water, you're in the right place. I think it might be time for a rain appreciation thread. Ard Taoiseach likes the rain too and I've heard other positive mumblings. Maybe together we can win them over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:08 am

The sound of rain is one of my favourite things, particularly when I'm in a tent. Oh how I wish I was back in the monsoons I had for a few nights in Africa - amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 am

I have to ask, johnfás; where were you when you took that photo of your feet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 am

Kate P wrote:
I have to ask, johnfás; where were you when you took that photo of your feet?
Terenure. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:22 am

That was taken about 3 weeks ago in the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain in Hyde Park. It was an absolutely glorious day and we had been walking for ages and ages and ages. The water was wonderfully chilly and was exactly what the doctor had ordered for our sore feet!

Below our photos in either direction of where I was sitting when I took the one of my feet.

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 Cimg0064lr5
The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 Cimg0065hr8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:42 am

Johnfas, you're classic, wonderful. Smile

I genuinely don't mean anything bad or mean by that. It's just, I don't know anyone who has ever been near the Diana memorial. And I am the absolute opposite of those Irish who stick with their own, I always fled that and have always only had English friends.

... so thanks for the piccies. The sodding thing seems to have been working the day you were there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:24 pm

I like

Berliner Weisse mit roter Schuss.

This is, on a very warm day, the best drink in the world, in my opinion. It is basically beer which, on its own, is terrible but when mixed with raspberry syrup, somehow tastes magical.

Glühwein.

Winters in central Europe would be unbearable without this. Hot wine with cinnamon. Great combination.

My Swiss German-German/German Swiss German dictionary.

Can't live without it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:52 pm

My favourite evil beer-with-fruit combination is Bitter with lime juice or lime cordial - so thirst quenching. A habit picked up in the East End of London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Glühwein.

Winters in central Europe would be unbearable without this. Hot wine with cinnamon. Great combination.

Oh dear me, yes! How come you (a) can't get it in Ireland and (b) make it taste anything like it should taste when you make it yourself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:38 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Glühwein.

Oh dear me, yes! How come you (a) can't get it in Ireland and (b) make it taste anything like it should taste when you make it yourself?

Can't answer that one, cookie, I'm afraid. Just be thankful for the real thing. And Stollen at the Christmas markets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:51 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Can't answer that one, cookie, I'm afraid.

You are just not trying hard enough...

*glares*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Also, I like red wine. I tend to fall out of the habit of drinking it for months on end and then all of a sudden get back into the swing of it.
When that happens I always forget exactly how much I can drink and exactly how drunk it can get me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:59 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Can't answer that one, cookie, I'm afraid.

You are just not trying hard enough...

*glares*

Try Lidl. They had Glühwein in 2005, but it came with instructions in German. It is quite possible that the customers didn't heat it up and drank it as they wold a normal bottle of red wine and found it awful. Mind you, Lidl definitely would not have Glühwien on August 1st. Anywhere.

Besides it never gets cold enough in Ireland for Glühwein.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next