Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 1:14 am

I like capers, they're like olives, only smaller. They give a good hit of intense flavour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 pm

I see you've been upgraded to Greeny Goodness, AT, well done.But I'll have to disagree with you on the capers... eugh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I see you've been upgraded to Greeny Goodness, AT, well done.But I'll have to disagree with you on the capers... eugh!
second that tongue

I have average tastes in foods i think but there some foods I love but they dont love me(heartburn).

Fried brown bread. oh I feel a quiver coming on....... pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Fried brown bread and a fried egg for dipping in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Thanks very much cookie or, should I say, go riabh míle maith agat! What's wrong with capers? They're rich and intense with lots of flavour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:45 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Fried brown bread and a fried egg for dipping in.

That is gorgeous. I have that at least once a week for breakfast, it's tasty stuff. It also perfectly complements a steamy sustaining mug of rea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Thanks very much cookie or, should I say, go riabh míle maith agat! What's wrong with capers? They're rich and intense with lots of flavour.

Just like me, can't have too much of a good thing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Indeed. Those characteristics go without saying! Perhaps yourself and capers don't agree because of magnetism? You are both very positive when it comes to richness, intensity and flavour that you just repel each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:00 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Indeed. Those characteristics go without saying! Perhaps yourself and capers don't agree because of magnetism? You are both very positive when it comes to richness, intensity and flavour that you just repel each other.

That must be it. Though it would lead to the question of why myself and a good punchy Bordeaux get on so well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

That must be it. Though it would lead to the question of why myself and a good punchy Bordeaux get on so well.

The Bordeaux is bewitched by your winning personality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I would have said the exact opposite!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I would have said the exact opposite!

Because you're so charmingly self-deprecating, eh cookie? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 am

Indeed, my epitaph will read "a good wine, didn't take himself too seriously".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:07 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Followed by, "but his enemies should have, to their cost."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

We shall see about that...

starting my new job tomorrow! I like hope!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:17 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

We shall see about that...

starting my new job tomorrow! I like hope!

Cool! That should be great craic. What're the hours like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:29 am

9.30-5.30, basically the hours I work already only it's not A 33 3/4 hour week like I used to have.

But the location is much better and more suited to my extracurricular activities so travel wise it should work out better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 pm

i like steaming hot tea with about 3 spoons of sugar. my few weaknesses after giving up smoking and cut down on drink. my girlfriend hits the roof at the amount of sugar i go through! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 9:18 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
9.30-5.30, basically the hours I work already only it's not A 33 3/4 hour week like I used to have.

But the location is much better and more suited to my extracurricular activities so travel wise it should work out better.

How did the first day at work go, cookie? Was it what you were expecting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Oh it's wonderful. I have my own office space, not a cubicle in sight and the people are lovely and I didn't go near a phone once. It was WONDERFUL. Thanks for asking.

How was your monday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:31 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Oh it's wonderful. I have my own office space, not a cubicle in sight and the people are lovely and I didn't go near a phone once. It was WONDERFUL. Thanks for asking.

I'm glad it's what you were looking for and the office space will definitely be a mood-enhancer. Thanks for replying.

Quote :
How was your monday?

My Monday was grand. I had a nice walk in the sort-of-rain while out and about today. The weather is nicely sodden at the moment.

I also had a good read of my Economist which arrives on Monday and it was full of interesting stuff about the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Glad you all had happy Mondays - and that the job is promising Cookie. That's great news. I hope it just gets better and better. You deserve it.

I still love my job, though.

*big fat, happy Kate P sigh*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Kate P wrote:

*big fat, happy Kate P sigh*

I'm glad you're happy too Kate P. It seems to be the life of Reilly for yourself down in Laois!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I'm glad it's what you were looking for and the office space will definitely be a mood-enhancer. Thanks for replying.

Quote :
How was your monday?

My Monday was grand. I had a nice walk in the sort-of-rain while out and about today. The weather is nicely sodden at the moment.

I also had a good read of my Economist which arrives on Monday and it was full of interesting stuff about the world.

Aye, having my own space will be great. Though it seems I won't be spending an awful lot of time in there for the moment anyway. It's much quieter than the old place which is a blessing, I don't do will with the noise.

I find that kind of rain annoying, I don't like middlegrounds it should either be LASHING or not raining at all. Plus I broke my unberella which didn't help. But I like being in the city centre again and wandering though the busy streets was great, back in civilisation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Aye, having my own space will be great. Though it seems I won't be spending an awful lot of time in there for the moment anyway. It's much quieter than the old place which is a blessing, I don't do will with the noise.

I find that kind of rain annoying, I don't like middlegrounds it should either be LASHING or not raining at all. Plus I broke my unberella which didn't help. But I like being in the city centre again and wandering though the busy streets was great, back in civilisation!

So you're working in Town? That's great, I love the buzz that there is on Dublin streets, it's fantastic. It really lifts the spirits when you are in amongst a celebration of humanity on the thoroughfares of our capital.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next