Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:19 am

I like rainbows and kittens, strawberries and mittens, these are a few of my favourite things...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I like rainbows and kittens, strawberries and mittens, these are a few of my favourite things...
Are you back on the crystal meth again, AT? We're not going to have to stage another intervention are we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Are you back on the crystal meth again, AT? We're not going to have to stage another intervention are we?

No cookie. Myself and the elves are perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

*goes to fetch the preacher*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:29 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Preacher? G'way with that Proddy crap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:32 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

"More tea, Vicar?"There is nout wrong with proddies, some of the best people I know are proddies. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:35 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

"More tea, Vicar?"There is nout wrong with proddies, some of the best people I know are proddies. Wink

Bah! Melikes it not. There're too many cushions in Protestant churches, the Our Father is too long, the churches are all over the place and there are all those bloody hymns! *shudder*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:02 am

I like a good hymn every now and then. Though there is one called "What our Father does is well" which I ignore and sing "Nobody does it better". Well I used to. Always makes me giggle when I hear either one. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:21 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I like a good hymn every now and then. Though there is one called "What our Father does is well" which I ignore and sing "Nobody does it better". Well I used to. Always makes me giggle when I hear either one. 

I see, but Protestants are terribly overfond of hymns. All the psalms and the singing, phew!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 am

Mmmmmmmm hymns.

The singing of hymns is not just uplifting, good hymns are an excellent tool for the learning of scripture. One of the original purposes of the Wesleyan hymns was to convey the message of scripture to the illiterate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 pm

johnfás wrote:
Mmmmmmmm hymns.

The singing of hymns is not just uplifting, good hymns are an excellent tool for the learning of scripture. One of the original purposes of the Wesleyan hymns was to convey the message of scripture to the illiterate.

Good for the lungs, too, although sometimes less so for the ears. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm

I like finding return tickets to New York for €250 the week after I do my law exams.

Now I just gotta find someone to bring with me... apart from my teddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:21 pm

I like the kerchung kerchung kerchung sound of the photocopier printing out a finished piece of work. Smile

Last edited by cactus flower on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:32 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I like the kerchung kerchung kerchung sound of the photocopying printing out a finished piece of work. Smile

I love the warm feel of the paper when you take it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 pm

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
I like the kerchung kerchung kerchung sound of the photocopying printing out a finished piece of work. Smile

Isn't there a distinctive smell from the warm sheets too? Maybe the hot ink ... ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:16 pm

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

As do I. It something special. It's a modern comfort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:20 pm

I like hotels where there are staff who float around the lobby to see if you'd like a cup of hot chocolate or a port of tea when you're surrounded by expensive technology that you can't leave for long enough to go and hunt for the bar/restaurant/café.

And I wish I was in one now... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 Tea-for-one-set-dots2

Here you go Kate, a scrumptious pot of tea and matching cup for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Kate P wrote:
I like hotels where there are staff who float around the lobby to see if you'd like a cup of hot chocolate or a port of tea when you're surrounded by expensive technology that you can't leave for long enough to go and hunt for the bar/restaurant/café.

And I wish I was in one now... Crying or Very sad
Where are you ? 'Cos you can be anywhere with this thing and still be within arms reach of a cuppa tay:

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 Stainless-steel-thermos-1743

Sher wouldn't a small one fit in your solar-powered handbag?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 pm

I like solid engineering, I like talking about politics and I like good service in bars. I also like Duke Special. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:17 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I like solid engineering, I like talking about politics and I like good service in bars. I also like Duke Special. 

Me too cookiemonster. Heard him in the Electric Picnic and down the country in a little pub. That was a strange night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Went to see him at the NCH last night. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:43 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Went to see him at the NCH last night. 

A visual and aural extravaganza ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 1:07 am

I like;

the smell of a baby's head.

touching tree bark.

the tops of mountains on high windy days.(but not getting there Smile )

stepping off an aeroplane in a foreign country.

empty churches.

closing a really big sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 am

Nice ones Johnny - particularly the stepping off planes in foreign countries - on a day like today I like being in a plane which before long is through the shitesoup of cloud and into the blazing sun, ah Heaven.

I like looking up at skyscrapers too ... if there were any here anywhere I'd go and look up at them. Even if it was in Wexford or somewhere half foreign like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next