Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 

"Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:55 am

Jeremy Paxman's introduction to an article on Bertie.

If your not happy with fawning on rte, Newsnight on BBC 2 pulls no punchs

Click the latest programme on the right hand side and watch from 16mins onwards

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 am

I just got the 'Brain Gym' thing after it. Paxman painted it fairly starkly did he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:07 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I just got the 'Brain Gym' thing after it. Paxman painted it fairly starkly did he?

He cut through the sycophantic servile flatterery of rte
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am

I flicked on the OR TEE EEE "news" earlier. The broadcast from Fagans... you'd thing the crooked git was dead. There's nothing "commendible" about being quietly and uncerimoniously fucked out of office by your own party because they're too embarrassed to keep defending you anymore.

Last edited by cookiemonster on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did some weird things to the language...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:20 am

In the last few months Castro, Paisley, Ahern (and probably Mugabe? ) have announced their retirements. Rate them in historical importance and I think Bertie is put in the tuppenny place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
In the last few months Castro, Paisley, Ahern (and probably Mugabe? ) have announced their retirements. Rate them in historical importance and I think Bertie is put in the tuppenny place.

Putin and Blair gone too, Bush soon to go.

The times, they are a changin'.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:32 am

And the Polish and French dudes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:43 am

can't view that thing wrong country anyhelp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 am

lostexpectation wrote:
can't view that thing wrong country anyhelp

It gets replaced the next day with latest programme unfortunately. Couldn't get it in the archives or the archives for that matter. Shame.

Anyhoo. Enjoy the house band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 am

well i guess i could look up proxy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman   

Back to top Go down

"Not the first corrupt Irish leader, and doubtless, not the last" - Jeremy Paxman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1