Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! Empty
PostSubject: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 pm

The propertypin has about 65000 posts (most of them suicide-inducing but full of info Rolling Eyes ) and we have one sixty-fifth of that already after only a week and a bit!

Now, there's no replacing quality with quantity but I'd say a lot of the stuff here has been very playful and warm and friendly (and we were welcoming rakes of people with tea) but we could be just getting into the swing of things too.

My first line of the charter is getting born in my head and as I told Ard-T already it's all about how fun and play can lead to learning and understanding and more ... Anyone got any better structures than that?

And fair play to everyone - a kiloton of posts so soon - let's keep the bots coming! hooray!

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gone to watch Mad Max II - back in 2 hours)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:17 am

let's post in one word entries to get to the grand! This is very synchronus Wink with "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" which I've just been watching.

Very good stuff, P.ie and Machine Nation should collaborate on some level. Machine Nation could become a Crown Dependency of P.ie. We can evade our P.ietaxes here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 am

Au contraire, Ard-Taoiseach, I hope Machine Nation will maintain its fine, if short, tradition of independence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:32 am

cactus flower wrote:
Au contraire, Ard-Taoiseach, I hope Machine Nation will maintain its fine, if short, tradition of independence. Very Happy

Do you think we could do that?

What if we built Machine Nation into a very large affair and go to P.ie with the suggestion, nay, command, to form a dual monarchy?

It would make the inevitable over-run of those filthy hordes in Boards easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:39 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I was thinking of poaching the poor feckers out of it as they appear in the sights of OscarBravo and Tristeme. *******ers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:41 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Do you think we could do that?

What if we built Machine Nation into a very large affair and go to P.ie with the suggestion, nay, command, to form a dual monarchy?

Quote :

Does Boards have resources we can exploit?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am

962 Very Happy

Oh MY God, I'm a Cyano Blastocyte.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:51 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
962 Very Happy

Oh MY God, I'm a Cyano Blastocyte.

Correction, you're a Cyano Blastocyst.

I do things like debating, geography, history and economics. This sciency thing makes me feel like a right aquatic vertebrate out of a hydrogen oxygen compound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:56 am

Quote :
I do things like debating, geography, history and economics. This sciency thing makes me feel like a right aquatic vertebrate out of a hydrogen oxygen compound.

You are not alone.

One of the questions I wasn't able to answer on my (failed) physics mock was how to wire a plug. Embarassed

Aspiring to Cyst-hood was never high on my agenda...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 am

I have indulged in a little site hopping today and have come to the conclusion that in its short life Machine Nation has begun to develop a distinct character of its own. While it lacks the head nutting and testosterone charged rough ups that can make P.ie so engaging at times, Machine Nation compensates amply with a collective spirit of problem solving.

Machine Nation's threads at the moment have the edge in global awareness (not a small thing), Gaelic pedagogy, and cosy chats over a cup of tea. Machine Nation is showing a lively interest in economics, although more hands are needed on that deck.

It also has better smilies bounce

I would like to see Machine Nation continue to develop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:04 am

Kate P wrote:
Quote :

You are not alone.

One of the questions I wasn't able to answer on my (failed) physics mock was how to wire a plug. Embarassed

Aspiring to Cyst-hood was never high on my agenda...

yeah, I feel like I score highly on verbal reasoning, do very well on abstract reasoning but do badly on the analytical skills required for Science.

I did get an A in Science for the JC, but I didn't continue on for the LC and I feel my standing in it since then has slipped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:07 am

I feel that the 1,000 post mark will be passed tonight, and would have loved to see Evotingmachine, Auditor, Kate P, youndan or other worthy poster dash past the line, but I have an early start in the morning. Good luck, lads cheers

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:04 am

1000. I got it. cheers

I think the next 1000 should be more sensible. cyclops
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:08 am

I got 1001 !! what a binary number !

ahem.
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:13 am

I wonder will CookieMonster get the 500,00th post on this website like P.ie? I'm aiming for the 2 millionth post on P.ie meself.

And I'm a Morula now! I feel so flexible! Methinks I shall be a retinal cell as through me, Machine Nation can see the world.

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wonder at my Morulanessesses)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:

ahem.

And Binary for 9 too. Shocked Shocked Auditor#1001. But then # means Hexadecimal, so you would be Auditor b1001.

As they say, there's ten kinds of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.
I'm more of a hexadecimal person myself.

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:

ahem.
Hey you liar you are 1011 ! (still a binary number)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I wonder will CookieMonster get the 500,00th post on this website like P.ie? I'm aiming for the 2 millionth post on P.ie meself.

And I'm a Morula now! I feel so flexible! Methinks I shall be a retinal cell as through me, Machine Nation can see the world.

Cookie never accepted his Prize Avatar over there for the 1/2 Megapost. I even made one for him. No pleasing some people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:29 am

Comhghairdeas don chéad mhíle.

I said it we were taking part in an epoch-changing project Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 am

Cookie never accepted his Prize Avatar over there for the 1/2 Megapost. I even made one for him. No pleasing some people.
Did you really? Did you used to be the Andrew before or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:41 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Agus tá a lán dóibh as Gaeilge freisin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:44 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Yeh, I did really.

Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! Cookie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:47 am

that's cute. cookie seems to love europe..

was he let wear it or did he just reject it or what were the conditions? surely he couldn't be allowed to wear it with the likes of Dan Boyle walking around?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:47 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Yeh, I did really.

Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! Cookie

Laughing

Very nice and very well put together.

He should have taken that one. It's good. I remember himself and Thac0man were having a chat and reading through it I thought CM had gone mad and started talking to himself. The avatars were that similar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:49 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Agus tá a lán dóibh as Gaeilge freisin Very Happy

Mo chroí ag preabadh le háthas bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!   Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lads we're closing in on 1000 posts already !!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next