Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Tomorrow I will look forward to a Berliner Boulette with Pommes "rot-weiss" and a Berliner Weisse mit Roter Schuss (Himbeer). A rare indulgence but worth the airfare alone. Cool

Try it if you find yourself in Berlin. Fabulous!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Tomorrow I will look forward to a Berliner Boulette with Pommes "rot-weiss" and a Berliner Weisse mit Roter Schuss (Himbeer). A rare indulgence but worth the airfare alone. Cool

Try it if you find yourself in Berlin. Fabulous!

Mmm. Mit die rot und weiss, es klingt sehr Osterreichischer.

Danke schoen, Slim Buddha!

Btw, don;t have two many or you'll be a fat buddha again quickly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Must dash. I look forward to many a civilised discussion in the future and I hope you have a pleasant weekend. Delighted to have joined and schön Grüss aus Züri!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Must dash. I look forward to many civilised discussion in the future and I hope you have a pleasant weekend. Delighted to have joined and schön Grüss aus Züri!

Und viele Gruess aus Dublin auch. Bis später, auf Wiederhören!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Please have a bratwurst at the Schnellimbiss for me.
And check out the little Cranach wench in the Jagdschloss im Grunewald.
link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:37 am

Welcome all! Developing quite a little community of German speakers on this site, aren't we ... ooh, intriguing.

Schoenes Wochenende SlimBuddha - I won't begrudge you the fact that the ridiculous number of German holidays this month is completely buggering up a number of projects I'm working on at the moment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 8:52 am

Atticus wrote:
Welcome all! Developing quite a little community of German speakers on this site, aren't we ... ooh, intriguing.

Schoenes Wochenende SlimBuddha - I won't begrudge you the fact that the ridiculous number of German holidays this month is completely buggering up a number of projects I'm working on at the moment! Very Happy

Thank you Atticus. And the same to you. May is a very holiday-driven month in Mitteleuropa. Mayday, Ascension Thursday and Corpus Christi ensure that. But maybe it is the quality of life such traditional holidays bring is what has Germany back where it belongs: as the world's No. 1 export country. Then again, maybe not. I am not complaining! Good luck with your projects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 8:58 am

cactus flower wrote:
Please have a bratwurst at the Schnellimbiss for me.
And check out the little Cranach wench in the Jagdschloss im Grunewald.
link

Thank you for the tip, cactus flower. It is a question of time. I will be spending the weekend with my son, first at the Werbellinersee north of Berlin and later in the Schorfheide, the large forest also north of Berlin. Actually, the Schorfheide is the location of Hermann Goering's hunting lodge. Lots of lakes and a great place to go fishing.

I know the Grünewald well. Very upmarket residential area, especially around the Schwanenwerder. Used to regularly collect speeding tickets on the Avus. It's hard not to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:13 am

This is giving me a little heimweh for Berlin. I must go back and see all the changes there.

Maybe a thread soon about the German economy would be interesting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:18 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 17 Breakfast-310

Welcome rockyracoon. Some breakfast for you. You are an early arrival on a Saturday morning. We hope you enjoy posting on Machine Nation, where we aspire to informative and thought provoking posting in a convivial atmosphere.
The Ard Taoiseach will want to say hello when he gets in.

If you are vegetarian, let us know and we'll get you fixed up with something different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi AfricanDave. Welcome to Machine Nation.
You'll find our Charter in the Welcome forum.

This is the best I can do by way of an African breakfast.

Sign your name here ... - Page 17 242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:55 pm

rockyraccoon, top o' the morning to ye! You've turned our wafer-thin overall majority into a comfortable lead. Céad Míle Fáilte go MN agus tá do chéad cupán tae thíos:

Sign your name here ... - Page 17 A_cup_of_tea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for welcome. No CF, I am not a vegitarian. Quite the opposite in fact. What did those poor vegitables ever do to humans I ask. Veggie Rights! flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Gruezi Slim Buddha, und recht herzlich Wilkommen bei uns - schoen, dass du nach der Wiedergeburt hier gelandet bist.

Greetings too to Rocky Racoon (your copy of Gideon's bible is in the drawer whenever you need it) and AfricanDave - we'll organise the brai once you get settled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Na Jah, eine kleine Consistency in the Site rules Wink hier - if ye are posting auf Deutsch outside the designated zone you should put up an Uebersetzung, oder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Es gibt keinen sprachewohngebeiten hier!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Genau! Mein Punkt exactly.

Last edited by Helium Three on Sat May 10, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Helium Three wrote:
Na Jah, eine kleine Consistency in the Site rules Wink hier - if ye are posting auf Deutsch outside the designated zone you should put up an Uebersetzung, oder?

When Audi gets back I'll ask him to put up this link on the Portal.

Free Translation Link study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:43 am

Hi there, that African breakfast does look good.
Thank you for the warm welcome
I hope I don't need to be multilingual to take part in this forum - my German is a bit rusty to say the least (Five years of German in school tends to have that effect).
Edit - I should probably say that I'm not African, nor is my name Dave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:23 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
Hi there, that African breakfast does look good.
Thank you for the warm welcome
I hope I don't need to be multilingual to take part in this forum - my German is a bit rusty to say the least (Five years of German in school tends to have that effect).
Edit - I should probably say that I'm not African, nor is my name Dave.

Hi AfricanDave. We will ask no more about your name or where you are from. Suspect If the breakfast looks good, just go for it. English is our lingua franca but is on equal par with Irish, which may also be used. We seem to have a few posters with German, Spanish and French but the outbreaks are infrequent. We will be fixing up a freetranslation.com link next week and also a link to an Irish on-line dictionary.

If you want anything translated you could pm a mod. If you want to know anything about how the site works, you can ask me, Auditor General, Kate P, evotingmachine0197 or Ibis. Our draft site Charter and 'rules' are in the Welcome forum. Any comments you have would be welcome. We hope you enjoy posting here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Hey, I'm home. What's all the news ?

This thread seems to have evolved into a German Sausage thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:44 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Hey, I'm home. What's all the news ?

This thread seems to have evolved into a German Sausage thread. Very Happy

Hi Evotingmachine0197 - did you have a good holiday?

Its been busy here with a lot of new lads, as you can see ( I think much thanks to Edo's humdinger of a Lisbon thread as linked from P.ie and also to CLR.

Yes, if a couple of us were to throw in some dodgy French, we could rerun Allo Allo.

Allo Allo - the feather duster one
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeh, cool holiday. NY is still a fantastic city.

I'll read some later. Gotta go kill some dandelions now.

Au revoir !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 17 Coffee_croissant
Welcome back, EVM and welcome to simon.d who has just joined us. I hope the sun is shining on you simon and that you're ready for a little summery breakfast. Happy posting here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:25 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeh, cool holiday. NY is still a fantastic city.
EvotingMachine for a travel BLOG; EvotingMachine for a travel BLOG; Evoti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next