Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Style Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Style Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Thread   The Style Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:04 am

Kate P wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
Kate P

I have to agree with most of your list, espceially the shiney black shoes with blue jeans(which usually goes with the gansi) , but I beg to differ about the shell tracksuit for us blokes.
The most important function of clothing should be warmth and comfort. If you want to appear attractive and/or you are going out at night then thats something else, but a light coloured shell tracksuit with some nice trainers can look ok for walking the dog or just hanging around. All other tracksuits are a big NO NO though.

By the way - I dont own a shell tracksuit!

I'm planning to buy one when the crisis passes over however.
hehe

AAAAGGGGgggghhhhhh

I had such hopes for you, Res. No

Haha mad as as hatter am I

Dont worry I wont buy one. The crisis is permament anyhow, and even if it passes i promise to only wear it indoors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Style Thread   The Style Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Respvblica wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
Kate P

I have to agree with most of your list, espceially the shiney black shoes with blue jeans(which usually goes with the gansi) , but I beg to differ about the shell tracksuit for us blokes.
The most important function of clothing should be warmth and comfort. If you want to appear attractive and/or you are going out at night then thats something else, but a light coloured shell tracksuit with some nice trainers can look ok for walking the dog or just hanging around. All other tracksuits are a big NO NO though.

By the way - I dont own a shell tracksuit!

I'm planning to buy one when the crisis passes over however.
hehe

AAAAGGGGgggghhhhhh

I had such hopes for you, Res. No

Haha mad as as hatter am I

Dont worry I wont buy one. The crisis is permament anyhow, and even if it passes i promise to only wear it indoors.

That means.............That means you could be wearing..........it ...............in...............a......pub!!!

Argggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Style Thread   The Style Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:30 am

Squire wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
I agree with Squire that there is a socioeconomic factor in this. I haven't noticed the upper-middle classes to flaunt it, as you put it.

I am not sure if it is socio economic or simple insecurity and a lack of self esteem. Sons tend to inherit!

I couldn't possibly envisage a situation where I would have ever been inclined to make such ostentatious declarations of here I am someone notice me and especially in a manner that could lower one's own standing! Why demean yourself?

Squire can be a right kill joy, truth be known. Perhaps it is something to do with up bringing and values?
Can I ask you what you meant by the socio-economic factor though. Which socio-economic grouping would you consider the most prone to dressing skimpily?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Style Thread   The Style Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Style Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3