Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Site Instability Blues

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Portal seriously wonky - the Sibin has exploded and taken over the portal page - breaking news below it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 pm

The portal page is one long column with the discussions hard to find half way down. I CF is falling she probably hasn't hit the bottom of the page yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Lads what technology are ye using?? Microsoft is associated with "windows" you know - along with the words, "out" and "throw" in my opinion.

It's fine for me anyhow -0 I removed two panels so it should be faster for ye too.

Hang on I'll boot up IE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Lads what technology are ye using?? Microsoft is associated with "windows" you know - along with the words, "out" and "throw" in my opinion.

It's fine for me anyhow -0 I removed two panels so it should be faster for ye too.

Hang on I'll boot up IE.

I'm using a compyooother
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Mother of God what a difference! Are ye not near a "Download Firefox" button ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:15 pm

ye might get to see the picnic version of MN today - this place is becoming more unstable by the day .

it's Sunday, sure why not?

I'm going for the Sunday Business Post - there's plenty of rot in it about Anglo...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm going to change the skin first to see if it's more stable - please hang on - and if it isn't I'll switch on the picnic MN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 pm

I'll leave it at the blue with the machine in the top corner for now but you might see the picnic in the country version later on.

It is Spring and all now, you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for the new place Auditor #9. Its working well for me. It will do very nicely until we see the real Rolls Royce of a home that I hear is being banged together in the shed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Ah, smell the fresh Spring air. Site is looking lovely, quite refreshing to go back to one's humble roots actually. Some day when machinenation.org is officially the Fanciest Jazziest Site On The Internetz (TM), we must remember to take a break and go back to this old format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Ah, smell the fresh Spring air. Site is looking lovely, quite refreshing to go back to one's humble roots actually. Some day when machinenation.org is officially the Fanciest Jazziest Site On The Internetz (TM), we must remember to take a break and go back to this old format.
Eh - don't build it up too much unless we can't pull off the new functionality we're going for - online radio, superspider programs, a very fancy donation box ... Wink

Any suggestions, seriously, are welcome.

p.s. if you didn't like the old format I would have shown you the window

Very Happy

Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Old-window-n-bay-big
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm going to change the forum font - some of you might experience a little ups and downs but it should be major - please let me know if it is though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I'm going to change the forum font - some of you might experience a little ups and downs but it should be major - please let me know if it is though.
Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Mushroom-cloud-hb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:37 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Mushroom-cloud-hb

Did something go wrong Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm back on IE today, annoyed with Firefox pestering me with add-ons or plug-ins and it looks fine to me.

I mean it looks stable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Ah but once you give in to the pestering you will never look back. I can show you the world, shining shimmering splendid....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Temp15

Is that blocker on P.ie gone or is it something to do with cookies?

Or does it not just like Firefox either scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:13 pm

It knows we're trying to leave...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:48 pm

I do have those buttons, Audi....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Those of you using IE might be seeing nothing wrong but the site might look a bit odd in Firefox - full of little triangles ... ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 pm

No triangles here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Hermes wrote:
No triangles here.

*cue music* Tra lalala la la, Triangle tra lalala la, Triangle ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:34 am

Anyone else finding the site very slow in the last half hour?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:47 am

yes very slow. I've been blaming IE. Am off to see if Firefox is any different.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 am

No but I found IE painfully slow earlier - there were lots of triangles too but now they're gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Instability Blues
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next