Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Site Instability Blues

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Site Instability Blues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:42 pm

OK then. That seems like what we had.

I'll leave it alone now and see if it stays like that.

Nope fucked again. It wont stay on PHPBB3

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Right - I'm out of Dodge now. Time to get the fork out big style or what ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Are you going to do a restore of a previous forum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Good luck lads - I am gone for the morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Jaysus I'm outta here too. It's all gone to evercloserunion's pot.

Not that I'd be any help - you look like you're in control evm - I'll visit forumakers this morning and will have to put up a notice .

Good luck cactus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:59 pm

This is what Usenet used to look like eh ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Is this the input box ? I can see nothing ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Fuck sake. What a load of shite. Evil or Very Mad

Is it stable yet ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:08 pm

yikes,

like being in netsoc in UCD again with the ancient type face and dodgy graphics (did i see a netscape logo a minute ago?)!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:11 pm

You may have seen all sorts in there zakalwe. A real house of horrors ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:09 pm

It appears to have settled EVM. This isn't a bad layout either - very 'picnic in the country' looking.

A small bit of fiddling with that CSS to change the forum width and size of font would do it for me anyhow. Well done Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:10 pm

The board has been temporarily reverted to Version 2 of phpBB until we figure out what the problem is. Well, we know what the problem is, forumotion are a clutter of clowns ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Can I prick with the CSS ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Congratulations EVM - as clean as a whistle. Very neat. Can I put away the Sea-Legs now?

Will we be thinking of an upgrade in the New Year maybe?? Maybe time to take a Christmas Collection? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Please don't make the font size smaller - after the last 24 hours my eyes are f****d.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Yes cactus I think it's time to start doing something a bit more permanent now. This could be the kick up the arse I need now. How are you for time over Christmas EVM ? Fancy spending some time with online turkeys, stuffing and other meaty pies and cakes ?

***I'm going to try to make a few small adjustments to the format - I hope I don't do some damage to the place. Please bare with me / bear with me ?? ***
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:05 pm

EVM I copied in the basic CSS to the editor and made the forum slightly wider to 90% then activated the CSS.

I'll see if I can find the code later for this font - it's tiny.

I'm going now. bye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm

The font size is ok for me at the moment - how is it for anyone else out there?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:17 pm

The font is OK. The bullets in my machine gun are too small though ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Is this how the site will appear for the next while? It'd be nice to have the old layout back. We look like the lovechild of P.ie and the Pin at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Is this how the site will appear for the next while? It'd be nice to have the old layout back. We look like the lovechild of P.ie and the Pin at the moment.

Laughing
It is a bit of a mess. I hope it will only last a few days max.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:18 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Laughing
It is a bit of a mess. I hope it will only last a few days max.

A few days. Neutral . Will we be able to live it down?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 pm

I'll give it another shot now.

Problem is it reverts back to Version 2 of phpBB shortly after configuring as Version 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:33 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I'll give it another shot now.

Problem is it reverts back to Version 2 of phpBB shortly after configuring as Version 3.

I see. We're back to being old school and basic.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 pm

10 minutes and holding ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Instability Blues
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next