Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Yes, the site is having problems..

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Yes, the site is having problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 pm

... before you start wondering if it's your machine or your own lack of Friday Crunchie.

Audi has sent a message to the helpful people who haven't provided an answer yet.

I can see the start and end of threads but only huge swathes of blankness in between as I scroll down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Kate P wrote:
... before you start wondering if it's your machine or your own lack of Friday Crunchie.

Audi has sent a message to the helpful people who haven't provided an answer yet.

I can see the start and end of threads but only huge swathes of blankness in between as I scroll down.

Now I'm using Firefox and I haven't the problems Kate is having - maybe we should try a new skin or something ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Yes, the site is having problems.. Toon644+
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Kate P wrote:

I blame......ah......the No vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:18 pm

But I can host an image - and you couldn't, Audi. Doesn't make sense, boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:19 pm

I've taken away the skin.. how does it look to you now?

The portal button is the 'Latest Discussions' in this version...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I've taken away the skin.. how does it look to you now?

The portal button is the 'Latest Discussions' in this version...

Now try putting the skin back on........runs away...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Wow. The quick reply box just disappeared in front of my eyes. Nice one, Audi.

It's no better for me, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 pm

That didn't work.........well that's me bang out of ideas......sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I see the ever sinister AuditorGeneral has morphed into our presence
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:35 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark. Can you read posts half normal, Seathrún ? It's only the quote function which is focked for me beside a few key passwords gone byebye.
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:36 pm

The 'quick reply' box just vanished again. Harry Potter couldn't do that! The Apres Match team are on Radio 1 now - for diversion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:37 pm

AuditorGeneral wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark. Can you read posts half normal, Seathrún ? It's only the quote function which is focked for me beside a few key passwords gone byebye.

Everything is good to go apart from the quote function.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Kate P wrote:
The 'quick reply' box just vanished again. Harry Potter couldn't do that! The Apres Match team are on Radio 1 now - for diversion...

"Yes....... when he talks out of his mouth" Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Are you seeing posts with huge blank pages at the end of the text? Is it only me? Say it isn't so...!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:41 pm

No I'm not seeing that Kate - just the quote doesn't quote normally and I can' upload an image now . Are you using Internet Explorer ? Maybe if you had firefox and switched ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Kate P wrote:
Are you seeing posts with huge blank pages at the end of the text? Is it only me? Say it isn't so...!

The quote/reply text begins in the middle of the page to the right instead of directly below the previous post. The shaded area to distinguish posts is missing leading to a discomforting readability.......the shaded area.....Oh my Gods.....what has become of our shaded areas.... pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Yeah, I have IE. pale

But I also have Vista. Do Vista and Firefox get along? Will she throw a hissyfit if he comes along, and embark on an impromptu work-to-rule?

Bollocks to all this. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah firefox runs in Vista no problem. Download it here

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Kate P wrote:
Yeah, I have IE. pale

But I also have Vista. Do Vista and Firefox get along? Will she throw a hissyfit if he comes along, and embark on an impromptu work-to-rule?

I seem . to . be . now experiencing .random . space . lengths . between . words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Kate P wrote:
Yeah, I have IE. pale

My firefox worked no problem after download...Didn't interfere with the other browsers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Are you using Firefox, Seathrún?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:54 pm

Kate P wrote:

Yip. Sionnach na Tine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:56 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Yip. Sionnach na Tine

I've just uploaded it and the blanks are gone. The quotes are still a bit funny though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Kate P wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Yip. Sionnach na Tine

I've just uploaded it and the blanks are gone. The quotes are still a bit funny though.

Now we're in the same boat in the same creek without the same directional/proprelant instrument
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes, the site is having problems..   Yes, the site is having problems.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Yes, the site is having problems..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next