Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Problems connecting to Govt Websites

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Problems connecting to Govt Websites Empty
PostSubject: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Anybody else having problems?

I cannot get www.oireachtas.ie or www.irlgov.ie or www.gov.ie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:13 pm

they all loaded for me from those links above ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:17 pm

That's odd. We can't access them from our network (I checked with another user) but we can access other sites. Anyone know of a possible explanation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 pm

A work network or an a university? Would certainly seem odd if it is in a university. Perhaps in work they blocked something else which has also by mistake blocked those.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Maybe you have no DNS ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:20 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Maybe you have no DNS ?
Did you make any adjustments to your network lately?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Work network. They are sites that we are allowed access no matter what - they are on a "white list". Also, I have tried bypassing the proxy server.

We have DNS because I can access other external sites, such as this one.

there has been no manual changes to the network in the last 24 hours that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Did you try a ping to one of the sites ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:30 pm

I rang the govt offices. They are having calls from a few people - they reckon it is a problem with their server.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems connecting to Govt Websites   Problems connecting to Govt Websites Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems connecting to Govt Websites
Page 1 of 1