Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Neither of these 2 fools ever held a real job in their lives. They don't have a clue. There is only a handfull of people in Congress that understands the market. So when Cavuto has to interview someone who does he turn to? The other 2 moronswould not dream of facing someone asking questions

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2951647562693383933&ei=hoHSSLv-L4e8rALpt-HcAg&q=cavuto+paul&vt=lf

He is on both CNBC and Fox again this evening after the close
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Obama's lead has extended to five points according to Rasmussen yet it seems to be all square at Gallup. This is rather confusing giving it was Rasmussen calling it close last week, and Gallup showing a large fissure between the two candidates. Can this only be used to show that polls are unreliable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:37 pm

riadach wrote:
Obama's lead has extended to five points according to Rasmussen yet it seems to be all square at Gallup. This is rather confusing giving it was Rasmussen calling it close last week, and Gallup showing a large fissure between the two candidates. Can this only be used to show that polls are unreliable?

Polls are likely unreliable, but also, its the speed of events. These lads are up and down like yoyos. McCain was dead in the water last night, but the gambit of opposing the deal and outflanking Obama might rattle some more life out of him yet.

Are you looking forward to the one-sided debate? Will it be a bit like Bottom talking to the wall in Midsummer Nights Dream ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Polling is most certainly an inexact science. America tends to go to town on the polls but it doesn't mean that they are accurate. There are polls saying that both are going to win, only one will be correct and it will probably be by fluke rather than method.

America also goes to town on the news. The whole news industry often just creates news 'cos they've nothing to report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:49 pm

Anyone know what time and what channels the debate is on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:52 pm

If you have digital (you have mentioned France 24 before so I presume you do) you will presumably pick it up on virtually any US station. I would imagine Sky News and/or BBC News 24 would certainly be covering it if there are limitations on what US Networks can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 pm

I think it's on at one o'clock and that cspan is doing a live feed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:12 pm

riadach wrote:

Is that 1am our time or 1pm their time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:19 pm

johnfás wrote:
If you have digital (you have mentioned France 24 before so I presume you do) you will presumably pick it up on virtually any US station. I would imagine Sky News and/or BBC News 24 would certainly be covering it if there are limitations on what US Networks can.

McCain still won't say whether he is going to debate or not. A bit of a flirt if you ask me. Trying to be unpredictable - is that really what people want in a Presidential Candidate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:19 pm

What is cspan ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 pm

It's a public affairs station in the States which broadcasts only material related to Government and broadcasts alot of its material online. Google it and you will get the address.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:55 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
riadach wrote:

Is that 1am our time or 1pm their time?

I thought 1 am our time, but I think it may be 2 am now. McCain will make it though. Let's hope Obama show's some mettle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Big hug!

Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 Hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Gallup has Obama three points ahead again. Is it make or break for McCain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:45 pm

C'mon JOHNNIE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:59 pm

I feel in the mood for blood. I would like to see one of them really screw up, but think I am going to be gravely disappointed.

See how I feel when I get back. Bed or listen to probable tedium from two nondescripts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:18 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
C'mon JOHNNIE!

Quiet, child! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
C'mon JOHNNIE!

Quiet, child! Smile

Watch it, beardy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:38 am

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:47 am

I've lost my hardon for the whole contest. I could never manage to like Obama, no matter how hard I tried. I though McCain would be a decent candidate and that Palin was an interesting choice for VP. Biden always seemd a little tame, but that may be because I wanted Hillary, for President first (she's not gone away, you know) and then for VP. I was upset that that didn't happen.

But it seems McCain has put whatever decency he had aside, started bluffing (and doing so badly), Obama bounced on which his change nonsense and Palin has been a total car crash.

I think they would be better keeping Bush for another 4 years, and that's saying something!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I think they would be better keeping Bush for another 4 years, and that's saying something!

Steady on give him another four years and we will see the reintroduction of serfdom.

For McCain to win he would need to act presidential on the financial crises and show leadership. He would have to deliver a straight and frankly depressing indication of what this economic mess actually means to the average American. We are all in this together times are hard. He needs to show the leadership that Bush is incapable of delivering and put forward his team that will deal with the economy and be able to argue a sane and sensible approach that will benifit all. If he does that he will annoy Bush, but so what he is just a liability. The no regulations and all is fine just wont cut it.

Of course that is unlikely to happen and we will have Obama in for 4 years. Unless I seriously misjudge him a lot of people are going to be gravely disappointed. Clinton, for all her sins, was by far the most capable. (EDIT Most capable candidate from the Democratic and Republican duality).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Reading about the latest debate between the two boyos, it looks as though it's going to be more a war of attrition. People expect a killer blow that just doesn't seem fothcoming.

A war of attrition probably plays into Obamas hands, he already endured one with Hillary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:30 pm

So this weekend the republicans get Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live, whereas the Democrats get one of the most senior military strategist to swing in behind their candidate.

They're not even playing the same game anymore. Democrats are playing major league, Republicans are playing softball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?   Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama - Does the Hype reflect Reality?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next