Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

This New Day - The Vote for Obama

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

This New Day - The Vote for Obama Empty
PostSubject: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 7:53 pm

My reservations about Obama and the Democrats are substantial but it is also true that the poor and middle class has always done better under the Democrats and worse under the Republicans. The politicians may be all the same, but the voters are different, and that counts for something.

I haven't seen myself yet, but someone just told me that Fox News is showing queues of black people around the blocks, waiting for hours to vote for Obama.

This is a new day.

Last edited by cactus flower on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Oprah Winfrey's presidential vote is lost by touch screen voting system - see this from the 'Stealing America' website:

http://www.bradblog.com:80/?p=6603

Video snippet from her show plus commentary which says her vote is certainly lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:09 pm

It seems likely that the vote will be contested in the courts, both ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:17 pm

cactus flower wrote:
It seems likely that the vote will be contested in the courts, both ways.

Do you mean that there are likely to be Republican and Democrat challenges to the final outcome?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 pm

This moment is huge for America. On a par with the election of Kennedy. It`s not just Obama himself but what it will mean to a huge section of the electorate, to Africa and to the world view of America. Obama is also charismatic enough to be able to lead America into change. It will be a lot smaller than many would like but there will be change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:55 pm

I didn't know Kennedy had his aunt living in a Boston slum or his brother in a hut. The country is going down the tubes and maybe just as well.

It was only 25 years ago that the a Democrat House representative was the leader of the John Birch Society and the Rooskies got him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:57 pm

youngdan wrote:
I didn't know Kennedy had his aunt living in a Boston slum or his brother in a hut. The country is going down the tubes and maybe just as well.

It was only 25 years ago that the a Democrat House representative was the leader of the John Birch Society and the Rooskies got him.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 9:57 pm

My post looks to be pure gibberish but amazingly everyword is true.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D945TEE01&show_article=1

This is about the aunt who lives as an illegal alien

This is embarrassing to Obama as there is a clip of him reading from his book and he says that in Kenya if his aunt keituni was starving the family would help as there was no government assistance. Now we find her living in South Boston on US government assistance while he with millions of dollars did not help. Nobody in their wildest dreams could make this up.

Then I mention the John Birch Society. Most people have no idea what it is but will rush out to say it is a far right fringe group of fascists. One of it's leaders was Larry MacDonald

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_McDonald

A congressman from Georgia. He believed the Russians were going to kill him and indeed they did. His cousin Patton wanted to finish off the Russians and he was killed as well.

The democrats are the reason the blacks were kept down and it is only recently that the South has gone republican as they freed them.

It is a complete fantasy world
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Heard this earlier on Fox News. But not to worry, youndan, they also said the McCain was ahead in the polls and was going to win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 11:11 pm

I will take Obama over McCain but will anybody be able to take either of them. Obama will ing would provide more drama because nobody expects anything from McCain. The disappointment in store for the Obama fans will lead to anger as they will control the house and senate as well and there will be no excuses.

Anything is possible but McCain winning would be a surprise.

Obama could cook the aunt in a pot and eat her and the fools that support him would say he is a vegatarian and was framed by Dick Cheney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 am

That last remark would never have cultural overtones would it now youngdan.

I take it you would not be happy with an Obama win?

BTW did you know the White House was designed by an Irish guy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:33 am

youngdan wrote:
I will take Obama over McCain but will anybody be able to take either of them. Obama will ing would provide more drama because nobody expects anything from McCain. The disappointment in store for the Obama fans will lead to anger as they will control the house and senate as well and there will be no excuses.

Obama could cook the aunt in a pot and eat her and the fools that support him would say he is a vegatarian and was framed by Dick Cheney.

He could do everyone a favour, youngdan, and eat Dick Cheney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:40 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
youngdan wrote:

I'm not over fond of meat, but I might make an exception (Did you see "Fried Green Tomatoes"?)

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 1:27 am

cactus flower wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
youngdan wrote:

I'm not over fond of meat, but I might make an exception (Did you see "Fried Green Tomatoes"?)

lol!

No, but I did see The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
youngdan wrote:

lol!

No, but I did see The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. Very Happy

Oh I saw that years ago. What a completely insane movie ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:06 am

A nice mixed grill perhaps.

I reckon they are all the same and we will soon see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 3:22 pm

http://www.breakingnews.ie/World/mhideyqlkfey

140 million to vote, and only 5,000 lawyers to do the challenging. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Dixville Notch declaration video. Very funny imo.

CNN Video
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:06 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

CNN Video

I think Nader should call for a recount. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:13 pm

rockyracoon wrote:

CNN Video

I agree. By someone who can see....

This New Day - The Vote for Obama 000195f210dr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 pm

rockyracoon wrote:

CNN Video

I agree. By someone who can see....

This New Day - The Vote for Obama 000195f210dr

Is there only 21 people who voted in Dixville ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Looks like. Unless there were 4 million spoiled votes Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:31 pm

We'll have to cool our jets. The earliest results that produce any semblence of predictive objectivity won't occur until c. 8 - 9 pm EST or 1 - 2 am GMT.

We'll probably get some exit poll numbers in the meantime to nibble on.

Tings ain't looking so hot for Nader so far!

No chit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Any other news besides the 21 people in Dixieville, New Hampshire ? RTE coverage until 3 a.m. ?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24511776-29677,00.html

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

This New Day - The Vote for Obama President

Is there any way we could have a link to this on the portal? Or is there any better one - CNN got the result wrong 8 years ago I think.
It is a great site though with maps and exit polls and senate results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This New Day - The Vote for Obama   This New Day - The Vote for Obama Empty

Back to top Go down

This New Day - The Vote for Obama
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next