Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Happy Birthday EvotingMachine! I wish you every success with your next 40 years of life.

I got you a stripper for the party. Input: Cash, Output: Pleasure.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 450px-Diebold_ATM_restart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:20 pm

I have decided to spend my 1,000th post-w00t w00t w00t-on drinks for everyone here on Machine Nation.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 0412beer2

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks Ard-Taoiseach. That looks quite delicious Very Happy

Is it your favourite beer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Thanks Ard-Taoiseach. That looks quite delicious Very Happy

Is it your favourite beer?

Well, it's German beer and in my experience they are among the best so I thought I'd share their beauty with the equally beautiful populace of Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:33 pm

Tchuss liebchen drunken vielen danken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Tchuss liebchen drunken vielen danken

Bitte sehr, mein Fraulein.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:00 am

Ich bedanke mich fuer das Bier - du sprichst (und schreibst - was noch besser ist!) sehr gut Deutsch...

And thanks for moving that last post - I just deleted the original one here - you saved me a tricky manouvre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:11 am

How are you Kate P - any more meetings recently?
You seem to have your hands full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:14 am

Kate P wrote:
Ich bedanke mich fuer das Bier - du sprichst (und schreibst - was noch besser ist!) sehr gut Deutsch...

And thanks for moving that last post - I just deleted the original one here - you saved me a tricky manouvre.

Wo habt Ihr dann alle Deutsch gelernt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:17 am

Ich habe in Berlin fur ein Jahr studiert
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:23 am

Hamburg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:26 am

Good thanks, cf - you?

I didn't get to much this week. To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of it. I feel like I know less about Lisbon now than I did before I ever went to a single meeting at all.

Deirdre de Burca and Joe Higgins both were in Portlaoise on Tuesday night - not too far from home for a change but while there was a lot of engagement from the floor, the quality of the questions and comments was fairly poor. de Burca was really disappointing, spending most of her time telling us why the EU was so wonderful. A couple of people did point out that it was a total waste of time.

There was a BBC film crew there too and as he left I heard the cameraman say that he learned nothing about the treaty by being at the meeting. I couldn't disagree with him.

So it's a bit frustrating at the moment.

Deutsch habe ich an der Uni studiert - in Dublin und in Konstanz auch. Frueher habe ich als Deutschlehrerin gearbeitet. Es ist schoen, dass ihr alle so fliessend sprechen koennt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:26 am

Unfortunately, I wasn't studying German, and even what I had then is rusty. Although if I watched a few more films like this it would come back.

What was Hamburg like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:30 am

oder Konschtanz as I think they pronounce it. Love that corner of Germany. Have a lot of friends and business associates there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:33 am

I loved Hamburg, hoping to go back this year for the first time in **muffled ** years! A very English city in many ways, certainly still valued the old mercantile English contacts.

And i could understand their German so much better than south Germany! Ah, stay up all night on the Reeperbahn, then off to the Fischmarkt for breakfast ... happy memories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:38 am

Kate P wrote:

Bitte bitte, meine beliebte Frau. Ich habe ziemlich gute Deutsche aber ich bin gar nicht fliessend.

Quote :

Bitte sehr nochmal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:40 am

Quote :
oder Konschtanz as I think they pronounce it.

Jawohl Smile

It's gorgeous. The Bodensee is beautiful - though the fog in winter is pretty pervasive and grim. I was very happy there.

I've never been further north than Berlin, which is a great city that I'd like to visit again without a gang of schoolkids. But I've always preferred the shifted sounds of the south to the unshifted of the North. Schwaebisch and Bayerisch sound so musical. And the vocabulary is so much more interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:42 am

the Bodensee is beautiful. what's the name of that island? The uni was a bit grim looking though, from what I remember. Had some friends do their DAAD year there.

Bayerisch...hmm have you tried Fraenkisch? pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:43 am

I have some very good memories of Berlin too. It was in between crazy stages when I was there. It was a brilliant city for walking in and the lakes were great. When I stop to think about it there was a bit of all night craziness too, followed by day-long Jazz breakfast on a Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 1:57 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 1575w300h300_Midleton_Very_Rare_2005_Irish_Whiskey

thanks, will have that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:05 am

Ah, an braon blasta...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:06 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 23047649

I'll join you in a small one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2008 10:27 pm

I'll have this one for the road and then I'll be off to watch telly...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 250px-Red_Wine_Glas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:14 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Are auditors left wing or right wing?
So that was the last thing I said on the tax thread before I had one last look around the climate change thread which has been getting into American multinationals lately and to which discussion all the posters cactus ibis youngdan seinfeld are making interesting contributions and then I shagged off here. Then I had a look out the window and I saw that ibis is working on p.ie - how the hell is he able to keep up with it all? And this new David Cochrane/Bertie Fire/Tribune story ... my Lord
.. cheers!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 Istockphoto_4803394_whiskey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Are auditors left wing or right wing?
So that was the last thing I said on the tax thread before I had one last look around the climate change thread which has been getting into American multinationals lately and to which discussion all the posters cactus ibis youngdan seinfeld are making interesting contributions and then I shagged off here. Then I had a look out the window and I saw that ibis is working on p.ie - how the hell is he able to keep up with it all? And this new David Cochrane/Bertie Fire/Tribune story ... my Lord
.. cheers!

Thanks! I also did the washing up, cooked dinner, made my daughter eat hers, was a monster (and got killed) repeatedly, read some of the White Paper on the Reform Treaty, tidied the house, did some Google Maps programming, read a chunk of "Atlantic Empires"...no TV, you see. Also, I can multitask, and I'm a stimulus-hound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: