Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:21 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Are auditors left wing or right wing?
So that was the last thing I said on the tax thread before I had one last look around the climate change thread which has been getting into American multinationals lately and to which discussion all the posters cactus ibis youngdan seinfeld are making interesting contributions and then I shagged off here. Then I had a look out the window and I saw that ibis is working on p.ie - how the hell is he able to keep up with it all? And this new David Cochrane/Bertie Fire/Tribune story ... my Lord
.. cheers!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Istockphoto_4803394_whiskey

Sorry I'm late I was just checking out Ibis's new computer on the Tax thread. Feel like having a girlie drink tonight.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 BaileysMintChocMartini
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:25 am

ibis wrote:
Thanks! I also did the washing up, cooked dinner, made my daughter eat hers, was a monster (and got killed) repeatedly, read some of the White Paper on the Reform Treaty, tidied the house, did some Google Maps programming, read a chunk of "Atlantic Empires"...no TV, you see. Also, I can multitask, and I'm a stimulus-hound.
Shocked

there you go cactus. And you're convinced that ibis is fully human? I saw iron man you know - there exists robots ..
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Martini1_med
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:27 am

Don't mix em they'll make you sick and you won't feel like getting up for Mass tomorrow (unless you went this evening already)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:37 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Don't mix em they'll make you sick and you won't feel like getting up for Mass tomorrow (unless you went this evening already)

They won't let me in because of these horns. Evil or Very Mad

Do you think Ibis might be a woman after all? This multi-tasking and stuff? But no - not with that computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:52 am

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

They won't let me in because of these horns. Evil or Very Mad

Do you think Ibis might be a woman after all? This multi-tasking and stuff? But no - not with that computer.

We've discussed this - I'm an AI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:55 am

I am going to pretend I know what that is. Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:57 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Eggnog

Anyone want a brandy and milk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:01 am

cactus flower wrote:

AI? It's quite easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:05 am

ibis wrote:
We've discussed this - I'm an AI.
I knew it.
Tell us the numbers or you don't get a chaser.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Reg10

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun May 04, 2008 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:05 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

AI? It's quite easy.

Audi says he is a robot. Ibis I mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:10 am

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

AI? It's quite easy.

Audi says he is a robot. Ibis I mean.

It makes sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:14 am

We should invent some questions that robots would never be able to answer - like in Blade Runner. Questions like - In Michael McDonald and Patti LaBelle's "On My Own" - do they finally get back together in the end or not? It would totally baffle a robot a question like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:16 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
We should invent some questions that a robot would never be able to answer - like in Blade Runner. Questions like - In Michael McDonald and Patti LaBelle's "On My Own" - do they finally get back together in the end or not? It would totally baffle a robot a question like that.

Or how do they get the figs into the fig rolls? It would completely short circuit his(?) logical sub-routines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:18 am

Or Do you think Bella from Fair City is a convincing actor?

Truly we would know the men from the bots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:22 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

*sharp intake of breath* Even I, a fully sentient and socio-culturally aware hominid organism would have difficulty with that.

Quote :

Indeed, and this has given me an idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 4:20 am

I'm off to bed now. I'll try counting bots to go to sleep. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 4:29 am

Are we going to make a skyscraper thread soon? There's the mother of all skyscrapers about to get finished in Dubai so a thread might not have such a long life. Although an irishman is building a mother of a yoke in Chicago too - a twisty one.

Here's the extent of the Burj Dubai skyscraper which will be finished next year:
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 BurjDubaiHeight
Nearly twice the height of the Petronas towers - and they're half a kilometer high Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Turing Test in The Sibin Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

*sharp intake of breath* Even I, a fully sentient and socio-culturally aware hominid organism would have difficulty with that.

Quote :

Indeed, and this has given me an idea.

Myself and Ard-Taoiseach were playing last night with what's known as the Turing Test. This is a method of trying to determine whether an entity that you are communicating with is human or not.

Kicking them in the groin might come to mind as the most immediate test but what if they are speaking to you through a wall, from the other end of a phone or on a discussion forum...? What distinctly human questions can you ask an intelligence in order to determine that they are indeed human and not a machine pretending to be human?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Ask him to describe a broken heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ask him to describe a broken heart.
Couldn't it simply regurgitate a standard description from Mills and Boon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm

You'd only fall for it if you were an AI yourself, Audi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
You'd only fall for it if you were an AI yourself, Audi.
Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:03 am

Link here if you absolutely have to

Would an AI read Mills and Boon, Audi?

Quote :
Five years ago, Princess Diandra Montgomery fled her native Verdonia—and an arranged marriage! Now, as a former palace staff member threatens to publish a tell-all book exposing the travesty of her parents’ own contracted union, Diandra is forced to return home to defend the family honor. Can a mysterious ring hold the key to the truth about her parents’ relationship? Only one man can help Diandra find the answers she seeks—her jilted fiancé Jonas Tolken. And Jonas is more than willing to help—for a price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:06 am

Would you like to join us at the Book Club? Having read the book is not, of course, obligatory?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:46 am

I have an annoying head-ache, so it'll be none of the heavy stuff for me. I'll just have a nice glass of refreshing iced water to toast the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 ISP_Water_Glass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: