Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

We Want You to Blog Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
make sure you go to the kate p blog when you post kate, you'll see in the purple bar at teh top where your post to preview( *** blog)

no audi the first blog is a dummy example blog, global blog is the parent blog.
Why does it keep reverting back to the first blog then? I'm going to call it something else under the Admin profile - Top of the Blogs or something ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:26 pm

It won't let me post - keeps telling me I don't have access. Will log out and try again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Sorry, lostexpectation, but despite clicking on my name on the right hand side, I ended up posting on your blog.

When I click on manage kate P (many have tried, most have failed) it tells me I have no access...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Below are the current users and blog privileges. I don't really know what some of the rigth-hand side ones mean - edit the blog etc. - I'd have to test them. Global blog is down as a user - the 'first blog' or (now) 'Top of the Blogs' must then be the parent blog...

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 Blogpr10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 pm

i say we delete first blog/mn blogger.
*bangs head against wall*

for moment i've made kate p an ordinary users so she should be only able to access and wite on her own blog, try again kate sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Somebody worked some magic there, thank you.

I just posted the original Lisbon blog post from here to the New Place.

Thanks.

Now let's see how many other ways I can mess up. You're in for a treat. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 pm

hmmm, i see kate has managed to post. we'll bash it into working order eventualy, global blog is the only blog where all posts show, it is the parent blog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Have you tried to post now, kate? I gave you write privileges. Should we set up youngdan too and move all your posts over there that are currently in the blog section?

Maybe wait until ye get the hang of it first .. I changed a bagload of forums around today and the little select menu beside the portal button is working now...

Just saw your post, lost. It's not straightforward that multiblog is it? I think the biggest problem is that we can't envisage what it will be like first so I think we should start blogging away and when we get the idea we'll change or delete it and start again.

Bear in mind lost that you are an admin not THE Admin - you might see a different blog if you are the Daddy of the blog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:49 pm

yeah having two admins might have caused some problems, the permissions thing is confusing

compare

http://machinenation.sosblog.com/
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/Global-Blog-b0.htm
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/mn-bloggers-b1.htm

??

why is kate p's post the only one that can be seen at

Last edited by lostexpectation on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Have a look here now - this is the root address of the blog and I pointed it to look at kate's as default

this is Global blog and it must also point to kate's
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/Global-Blog-b0.htm

Lost
Global Blog and mn bloggers seem to be users. The Admin level I have is the parent level. Have a look at the root blog address above
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:51 pm

wtf are 'write privileges'? Are they something more than what I had with lost?

I'll go and mess around for a while. See what damage I can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 pm

you have admin but the global blog is still the only one that shows all posts

it says under the description of global blog,
Blog gathering the articles of all your sub-blogs

global blog is not a user, where does it reference global blog(or first blog) as _user_? (as opposed to a blog)
i don't understand why you pointed kate blog as the as the home blog..

Quote :

The Admin level I have is the parent level
you have founder admin control but global blog is still the parent blog.

Last edited by lostexpectation on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:00 pm

The boxes above in the image were not ticked for 'write' so you couldn't write. Alright? It's ok now though.

The blog is odd - I just wrote a 'blog' under audi and it has ended up in Kate's blog .. it's not fair. (it might be a setting I have to adjust though but I have to feck off now)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Why does my post appear in the global blog at all (is that because it's supposed to show all posts - and why does it appear twice?

And can someone get rid of the I smell my own farts comment? Please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm

what you need to do for the moment is remove your ordinary user audi from the members group,make sure audi only has rights to edit his own posts( click the first five options but unclick the last two options to the right) and login as audi and post again.

its alright kate audi was just testing something there, it should be back to normal now.

i was just pointing out its wasn't good to allow everyone to edit other peoples posts... Razz (its a southpark reference)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Southpark? You couldn't just go with Augi Doggy and his Doggy Daddy or something? I'll do something for it this evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:09 pm

we need to agree not to be fiddling with the admin at the same time.

one has to stop before the other starts, if they want to try something.
:/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:16 pm

I'll let you at it. But I tell you I can't see audi's blog now though he blogged there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Audi, you're Chaucer - I like Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Chaucer starts at 1343 - bit awkward the ranking eh? It'll start properly at 2048, I promise - Senior this and senior that.

I won't start messing with posts reflecting Nokia phone model numbers or HP printers I promise you ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm

i see you've demoted audi and tried to post, hmm, it doesn't seem to be appearing in audi's blog, what i do is i open firefox for one login(admin) and internet explorer(user) for another so you logins won't get mixed up and you don't keep having to log in and out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:27 pm

IE doesn't run on ubuntu Wink I don't know why I can't see audi's posts - he's an ordinary user who can blog. Why can't his excellent blogs be seen under his name?

je ne sais pas
on y va
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Quote :
Chaucer starts at 1343 - bit awkward the ranking eh? It'll start properly at 2048, I promise - Senior this and senior that.

Don't get boring on us...

Quote :
I won't start messing with posts reflecting Nokia phone model numbers or HP printers I promise you ...

Don't get mind-numbingly, wrist-slittingly, brain-drainingly tedious on us either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:42 pm

What is ubuntu?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Talking dirty for tech-heads.

A language or an OS, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Want You to Blog Here
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next