Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

We Want You to Blog Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:35 am

I've managed to post again - and not break everything. That has to be a good sign. But I can't get rid of your yawn in the middle of the page Audi...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:40 am

I am getting very excited and full of anticipation to see the blogs. I know youngdan wants to get his blogs up too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Check it out it's nearly ready ...
http://machinenation.sosblog.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:51 pm

A thing of wonder and beauty and a joy to behold Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:57 pm

lostexpectation this is for you - I'm pricking around with the blog site today and it's doing my head in a bit. Give me until 4.30 or 5.00 in case you want to go messing with it yourself. I'm trying to do some shite but having weird success ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm

audi i presume you have cactus' email address if not pm each other and set up his account, young dan is there reason you don't have the other blogs listed, not very neighbourly, it should be at the top of every blog sidebar to help with navigation, will i add it for you?

i don't think we able to replicate you posts and comments cactus im afraid. you can re-post you blogs though

we have to add the blog(s) to the blog search engines, they have an automatic widget to do that in the admin planel but i'll add the other ones like technorati later tonight or tmw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't have blogs lostexpectation - youngdan is who I was talking about. The blogs looked wonderful but big gap at the top - I assume that is one of the things Audi is working on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 pm

lost i'm lost - I've been staring at this for two hours now...

I added youngdan and signed on as him a few times to write a blog. I found I could edit and write blogs for everyone else too while I was at it. I don't think there's any way you can keep users seperate - either they can edit willy nilly or do fuck all

It's annoying the bejesus out of me but not I must go and kick a wall or something.. Over to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:16 pm

I couldn't edit mine, Audi because it seemed the only one to have 'manage' privilege was you. There wasn't even a drop down menu for me to choose myself and then be rejected anyway!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 pm

I did not write those last 3 comments
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:50 pm

AUDI - sorry for shouting but I think you gave me admin status. You might want to undo that really fast...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:52 pm

if we comment is our url. public?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:58 pm

None of this is publicly visible yet as far as i can see.

kate you are now a normal user I think. If you get a chance could you blog on to your heart's content for a test.

youngdan that was me testing your profile - your blogs from here are there now unsullied (though I had to edit the youtube links - putting in links is a bit more difficult there you have to use the little input button like the chain - will I put the youtube tv itself into your blog youngdan?)

would you like a blogspot cactus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

i see you deleted 'the first blog', and the world hasn't ended phew!. great. carry on

make sure you not trying to be logged into admin and audi at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
lost i'm lost - I've been staring at this for two hours now...

I added youngdan and signed on as him a few times to write a blog. I found I could edit and write blogs for everyone else too while I was at it. I don't think there's any way you can keep users seperate - either they can edit willy nilly or do fuck all

It's annoying the bejesus out of me but not I must go and kick a wall or something.. Over to you.

thats cos you had them as members!, i told you keep em basic as userbloggers for the moment. including your personal audi identity which should be completely ordinary userblogger and not an admin, you should not try to alter you audi blog as admin or vice versa.

ill try and fix it in the morning? i don't know it all, but i don't know why and where you've gone with this.

cactus flower you should try to register at the top right and we'll see how quickly we can add you.

i think kate p and dan y can you put something short in your intros of all your posts, so they will dispaly nicer and the front page, and dan can we have some paragaphs thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:21 pm

lost are you there? i made all the users have their own group which worked for me - now people have seperate blogs from each other but I wasn't sure you'd have done this. It was the only combination that worked for me. I didn't want to delete people as members because I didn't know what would happen and I hadn't gotten around to that combination yet. If you think that getting rid of the users as members is a solution then I'll do that now. audi is a bog standard user as is kate and youngdan. I created youngdan myself so i was wondering if that had anything to do with it. It's slow putting in blogs and testing and stuff you know yourself.

I'll go ahead and get rid of them as members ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 pm

I for some reason can never figure out how to creat paragraphs anyplace. Also how can I link because my paste does not light up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 pm

youngdan wrote:
I for some reason can never figure out how to creat paragraphs anyplace. Also how can I link because my paste does not light up
You might have to learn a trick or two more youngdan. Paragraphs: at the end of a line press the ENTER/RETURN key (the big key on the right-hand side of the keyboard, that'll start you on a new paragraph.

When you want to put in a link that you have copied you must press the button which looks like a small chain - into that box paste your link and press UPDATE and that's it - it will put in your link for you. (you might also select the option 'open in new window' so your blog will not be covered by the link if you know what I mean) The link button is the third last button - the last one is a tree. Let me know how you get on. Did you post something else there since?

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 Blogli11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks very much, I have not being using that button.
This will test the paragraph issue and I'll try the links in greater detail later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:27 am

dan you've been posting here and on p.ie for 9 months now without using the enter button ? it's like not using the letter 'e' - a feat in itself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:44 am

youngdan wrote:
Thanks very much, I have not being using that button. This will test the paragraph issue and I'll try the links in greater detail later
I see you've put in your link already - fair play Cool . To put paragraphs in the right places and to shove stuff around you must watch where your cursor is - that's the blinking line the text comes out of. When you control that, you're made.

I like to move the cursor around with the arrow keys sometimes but you can also do it much quicker by clicking the mouse in a piece of text and the cursor will then appear there. If you want to put a paragraph into your block of text you put your cursor where you want one paragraph to end. Pressing enter then moves the text after the cursor down a whole line. And you can press enter more to put more space in.

Try it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:01 am

You learn something new every day. I am in decent shape now and not being able to quote or make paragraphs was a big disadvantage. For about 7 months I was not able to link and I still can't link a picture but will try that chain link button.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Can the blogs be positioned where visitors can be made aware of their existance on coming to the site. They seem to be very dificult to find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 pm

youngdan wrote:
Can the blogs be positioned where visitors can be made aware of their existance on coming to the site. They seem to be very dificult to find.
The address?

www.machinenation.sosblog.com

(I think)

I'll put it somewhere prominent later.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:19 am

I was asked a question by Lostexpectations last Tuesday but unfortunately I do not understand the question, if other blogs should be listed then please list them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Want You to Blog Here
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next