Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

We Want You to Blog Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 pm

So, when's it going to be?

Incidentally cheers for linking to the CLR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Are you interested in launching a blog?

I am, I feel that a lot of discussion I've engaged in could be centralised in one catch-all location. I also visit lots of other blogs and can bring their fascinating links to the Machine Nation's attention. It would be a good blog.

I feel that with Riadach As Gaeilge, the Ard-Taoiseach, youngdan and Kate P as bloggers, the Machine Nation may hold its head high in the blogosphere.

king king king queen

Thank you for your support. I also think that you would make a great blogger. It would be very interesting to hear your views on life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:25 pm

http://www.sosblog.com/en/ this wasn't here before was it ,couldn't find a blogging thing on forum nation when i loooked

you forgot to open access to the blog forum (blog list thread) again Razz

i already have a blog but ill try this out, i couldn't find a free mutliblog before ( or atleast one where you could have different tabs for say personal /work blog on the same site)

can this be integrated into the site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:59 pm

ah looked at their forums no go on integration,

ah no there must have been updates since then, you can synchronise your forum to your blog and get automatic usersblogs, create machination multiblog auditor and try it out.

it under user management >sychronization

but you could make a machinenation multiblog with multiusers etc that would get ya in the blogosphere while maintaining a forumnation theme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:45 pm

The blog forums here should be open now.. if anyone wants one they are free to have one but maybe it's worth going with something lost is talking about up there if you're into blogging.

Synchronise forum to blog? So if I create a multiblog in sosblog you say I can link/integrate it into this site in some way? I can't picture it other than a link unless a forum opens into an actual blog or something. .. I'll create a multiblog there now and get back to you with the info ... (unless you want to come too Wink)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm

What category will I open it under? Sciences and knowledge? Art Culture and Leisures [sic] ? Society and culture ?

http://www.sosblog.com/en/

Any preferences for colours etc.?
http://www.sosblog.com/en/create-your-blog/

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm

society and culture i don't think it matters that much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Any preferences for colours etc.?
http://www.sosblog.com/en/create-your-blog/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:05 pm

nautica blue you can change all that stuff later just get to the nuts and bolts of adding synchronization.

Last edited by lostexpectation on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 pm

http://machinenation.sosblog.com/

Someone got there before me ...

I'll get back to this later...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:15 pm

come on mods sort this out, tell us what happens when you press the synchroniz button
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:17 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
come on mods sort this out, tell us what happens when you press the synchroniz button
Machine might have to add a few fellas to his blog first ... Ok I'll go in and have a look. Any last words of advice before I do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 am

do you have admin access? who's machine who's flouncing? charters are no good if you can't ge t your mods on the same page, make a new one if you don't, you shouldnt have to add, im presuming synchronize will do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:35 am

lostexpectation wrote:
do you have admin access? who's machine who's flouncing? charters are no good if you can't ge t your mods on the same page, make a new one if you don't, you shouldnt have to add, im presuming synchronize will do it.
I have Admin access, yes. Why don't you set up one and get admin access too? it's easy. The only way I can see it integrating with the forum so far is as a link - I have pressed all the synchronise buttons and nothing has happened. I've looked a bit at the sosblog site above for info on blending it with the forum but can't see anything as yet.

Anyone who wants a blog there I believe it can be added to the current one there - the Admin will set you up and you will receive an email notification. Do you want to be the first, lost?

http://machinenation.sosblog.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks Auditor.

I'll be second but not now - have to go to work. It all looks very nice. Is it possible to have different sections to the blog? How does it work? Oh I'm excited about this!!!

Can we add it to the links somewhere on the latest discussions page?

You know what? I think this place is great - book clubs, blog-spots, games, background music, breakfast bar and the sibín (maybe they should all be linked on the latest discussions page too) lots of tea; are we particularly progressive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 am

I would like my 2 added and hope to have a weekly effort from next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:05 am

I've just set mine up - haven't time to do any more than that.

But as we set them up (click on register on the top of machine's page, rhs), maybe we could be consistent in the webaddresses? I used katepmachinenation so that it can be connected with here.

Will have fun playing with it this evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 am

can you stick in a quick blog kate or have you time? good idea keeping it consistent with the names. We are like the cedar lounge revolution guys now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 am

thought it would be easier to see the effect with all the users already registered here

okay set up forum.... your right nothing happened when i entered my admin and password... damnit :/

i registered on the machine blog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:46 pm

http://machinenation.sosblog.com/index.htm

Machine has jumped ship and set up his own blog, the fecker. Apparently it's a multiblog thingammajig as yet untested and unexplored. Anyone interested log on above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Anybody for the last few choc ices?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 pm

quit the nonsense, have you got requests to join that blog, have you authorized them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:11 pm

??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:13 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
quit the nonsense, have you got requests to join that blog, have you authorized them
What nonsense? What authorized? I currently have two members - yourself and Kate P - do I have to authorize ye now too? I didn't see any buttons...

if you are around for the next few minutes will we see if I can authorize the two of ye?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:10 pm

You're dead right there lost - I had to give you administrator rights. Now you and Kate can go there and blog away to your hearts content. You'll have to moderate yourselves as Machine has threatened again to jump ship but he won't though - the money is too good here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Want You to Blog Here   We Want You to Blog Here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Want You to Blog Here
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next