Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Cannot play golf in the rain. Rainy days seem to coincide with my days off. I remember playing in lahinch in torrential rain and my partner teed off from a tee-box beside the previous green. The driver flew out of his hands and went past the nose of a guy putting on the green. Big fright then big laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Just a few little showers for us here, with more sun in between sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:33 pm

What a day! Rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun. It was like the weather was on a constant loop today where I am. It lashed out of the heaven and shone brightly with the sun. A curate's egg of a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:36 pm

I spent the day in Dublin - great sun for a barefoot walk on the pier in Dun Laoghaire - then it rained on my icecream from Teddys - a fabulous day, all in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:45 am

Sun sun sun sun sun sun

The weather thread - Page 4 Dsc00213
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:47 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Sun sun sun sun sun sun

The weather thread - Page 4 Dsc00213

Is that Clare, Auditor #9?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am

Some of it, yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Some of it, yeah.

Looks fabulous. I'm glad the provinces are doing so well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:24 pm

The weather thread - Page 4 B-witched

Blame it on the Weatherman... I'll be bopping to that later when B*Witched play the UCD BAll lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Is this the archaelogy/geology ball - where all kinds of extinct rocks are wheeled out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Kate P wrote:
Is this the archaelogy/geology ball - where all kinds of extinct rocks are wheeled out?

The lineup also includes East 17... so most likely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Back in my day we had good bands at the Trinity Ball - stayed up till five to hear the Divine Comedy headlining. But we weren't doing irony then, as you guys seem to be doing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Kate P wrote:
Back in my day we had good bands at the Trinity Ball - stayed up till five to hear the Divine Comedy headlining. But we weren't doing irony then, as you guys seem to be doing...

I hadn't even heard of the lineup on the Trinity Ball this year. Think the guy headlining it produced some of Amy Winehouse's tracks... or something along those lines.

It is The Blizzards headlining today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:42 pm

I quite like the Blizzards - it's hard not to listen to that album without slapping the steering wheel - lyrics are quirky too. It's good fun. Enjoy the night. Is this an indoor- outdoor thing like at TCD? Showery and windy here today - not heels and fancy frock weather at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Kate P wrote:
I quite like the Blizzards - it's hard not to listen to that album without slapping the steering wheel - lyrics are quirky too. It's good fun. Enjoy the night. Is this an indoor- outdoor thing like at TCD? Showery and windy here today - not heels and fancy frock weather at all...

Indoors and outdoors, attire is festival wear so can be barely described as a ball. The outdoors bit is on the carpark so won't be as bad as if it were on grass.

I won my ticket at a table quiz so can't really complain! It is a sell out anyway so should be good craic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Table quizzes... I wonder if Audi or EVM could do something in the table quiz line. The season is over now though.

Festival wear? How things have changed...! I only did one Trinity Ball - wore a great short black lace dress - If I had it now, I'd still wear it.

But it wouldn't be the thing with wellies and a pair of combats... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm

I also won a prize in the raffle at the table quiz... a flowery towel Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Which will come in very handy later on should it decide to spill rain. These UCDheads think of everything - ticket to ball with complimentary hair dryer. All eventualities covered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach,

Shhhh - don't tell the others but...

(next week we're to have twice the average rainfall for this time of year. Evelyn Cusack told me at lunchtime...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach,

(next week we're to have twice the average rainfall for this time of year. Evelyn Cusack told me at lunchtime...)

Really?

Let's talk in small type so they can't read it. That's brilliant, Kate P. We'll finally be able to enjoy a good spot of rain that'll make it all right. Today was better than yesterday, a good bit wetter and therefore nicer. Roll on the clouds of next week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach,

Really?

Let's talk in small type so they can't read it. That's brilliant, Kate P. We'll finally be able to enjoy a good spot of rain that'll make it all right. Today was better than yesterday, a good bit wetter and therefore nicer. Roll on the clouds of next week!

Very windy here today and not much rain - but was great to see it out the bedroom window this morning. Looking forward to some proper spilling rain in the next few days. I'll sit inside the open French doors, wrapped up in a blanket and read Collapse to the hum and drum of the rain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach,

Really?

Very windy here today and not much rain - but was great to see it out the bedroom window this morning. Looking forward to some proper spilling rain in the next few days. I'll sit inside the open French doors, wrapped up in a blanket and read Collapse to the hum and drum of the rain.

Oh, that sounds great, Kate P. That's the life, isn't it. I'll have a good read through of Collapse this weekend so that I can get up to speed. I'm aiming to have it finished by the weekend after this. I love a good proper drop of rain. Last Summer was great for that, really good consistent down-pours that I hear could be the forecast for this summer too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach,

Really?

Oh, that sounds great, Kate P. That's the life, isn't it. I'll have a good read through of Collapse this weekend so that I can get up to speed. I'm aiming to have it finished by the weekend after this. I love a good proper drop of rain. Last Summer was great for that, really good consistent down-pours that I hear could be the forecast for this summer too!

Evelyn says there's no sign of the summer yet... not that that has to exclude rain but... A good solid day's heavy rain would be marvellous, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach,

Really?

Evelyn says there's no sign of the summer yet... not that that has to exclude rain but... A good solid day's heavy rain would be marvellous, wouldn't it?

It would, it's very disappointing when it just comes and goes, isn't it? I like a good consistency to rain. That's why last Summer was such a treat. Rain in the morning, rain in the midday, rain in the afternoon. Really good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Nice day today flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next