Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:37 pm

johnfás wrote:
Nice day today flower

I am going to post on the weather thread each day, with information on what the people I can see are wearing. I think this will provide an interesting data base not only of the weather but of our response to it.

Today, all the legs and arms I can see are covered as it is bright but cool, but some lower cut tops have appeared (girls only). Also, the postman had on his smart summer uniform with cornflour blue short- sleeved cotton shirt (Kate P would have liked). This I think is a sign of impending summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:28 pm

What a dissapointment this week has been. Here was I expecting a good lot of enriching, enlivening rain to refresh the fields, replenish aquifers and give a good natural background to my life but to no avail. Boring, featureless sun and bloody insects everywhere. Ich mag es nicht!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:28 am

I'm working at home today. it is so sunny outside that I am blinded at my bedroom window Very Happy

Have a look at the sun outside my window - glorious! It is difficult to take a photo directly into the sun though!

flower

The weather thread - Page 5 Cimg0004vq3

Last edited by johnfás on Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:05 am

sunny
What a day for a day dream,
What a day for a day-dreaming boy,
Now I'm lost in a day dream
Dreaming 'bout my bundle of joy.

And even if time ain't really on my side
It's really a day for taking a walk outside
I'm blowing the day to take a walk in the sun
And fall on my my face on somebody's new-mowed lawn

The worst youtube ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UF3Y1k2Q6g&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:47 am

Its a glorious day.

I can safely say to all extra-terrestrials that we got the best planet.

sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Tomorrow's weather:

The weather thread - Page 5 Nat01_weather

Get your umbrellas ready!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Tomorrow's weather:

...or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Tomorrow's weather:

...or not.

Well, that's for the benefit of those unable to appreciate the beauty of God's great creation, ie, rain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:48 pm

lovely sunny warm breezy day in London, not as summery as last Saturday though. Half way thru doing the lawn - then will sit down with a bottle of Stella and go thru the papers for the full horror of the election results ..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Warmer here in the bottom half of Ireland than if has been. Some blue sky and some light cloud. Heavy rain forecast for later, coming in from the south west.

I am moving my next thoughts to the Mayoral election thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Another fabulous day in Cowen Country - the sun is shining and it's breezy; a great day for getting the washing out (though I have a sneaking, if sexist suspicion that that's not an issue of concern for most of the posters here. Please prove me wrong... Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Kate P wrote:
Please prove me wrong... Wink )

I'm quite happy to allow you that victory Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Kate P wrote:
Another fabulous day in Cowen Country - the sun is shining and it's breezy; a great day for getting the washing out (though I have a sneaking, if sexist suspicion that that's not an issue of concern for most of the posters here. Please prove me wrong... Wink )
God bless the MN nudists. You wouldn't go around in the nip down here in Clare today I can tell you. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:18 pm

It's a hollow, hollow victory, Johfás, tainted by the knowledge that I will forever be a disappointment to my mother-in-law because my line of washing just isn't good enough.

I wash more than three items per load and use fewer chemicals than Saddam would have needed to exterminate the population of New York.

Her pain is tangible when she sees Husband go out to work on the farm in a pair of working trousers with vague remnants of oil stains because I haven't soaked them for a month in something caustic and then boiled them for three days.

I have yet to make a collar threadbare by scrubbing it and have been known to throw teatowels in with almost any old wash. I don't spray everything with a thick coating of Shout or Vanish before I bung it in the machine and I still use powder affraid . I don't know what a colour catcher is and I prefer that as a couple we don't smell of fabric softener.

I am a failure.

Victory? Pah!

(Audi, I said getting the washing out - not anything else! )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Your mother-in-law has been the butt of many a joke in the history of jokes, poor woman, you must pity her as she is typical of over-possessive Irish mothers whose sons should marry Mother Theresa and no one else. We can dig some jokes up if you want.

I was thinking of clothes with the nudists reference Kate P - not what you were thinking though Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
God bless the MN nudists. You wouldn't go around in the nip down here in Clare today I can tell you. What a Face

Have you considered this? Shocked

(click "this"... links don't seem to be as visible on words here as other sites... maybe it's just my laptop?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Not in our climate. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Wouldn't you offer up the suffering for Art, cf?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Near Carrigaholt earlier today. Not a culchie in sight - oyster festival or something on there. Nice spot if you're in the area.

The weather thread - Page 5 Dsc00215

The weather thread - Page 5 Dsc00216

The weather thread - Page 5 Dsc00217
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Nice shots.

There is a programme/drama just started on UTV about climate change floods in London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:55 pm

What a day! sunny

I've been invited sailing - woohoo! Time to skip studying!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:51 pm

flower sunny Very Happy What a day. Cut the grass, got the boat out (little canoe) and now friends are slumped in torpor around the remains of the first barbecue of the year.
One of the ducks has 10 ducklings and the
white kitten nearly took a dive after them. sunny flower

Last edited by cactus flower on Mon May 05, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : very sunny day)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:07 pm

johnfás wrote:

I've been invited sailing - woohoo! Time to skip studying!

Sailing! Get you! It's far from bacon and cabbage you were reared!

Oh and yes, it is a gloriously sunny day. Here's what the Met is promising us tomorrow:

This, therefore, should continue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

My girlfriend sails - I get to be the first mate! Very Happy Nothing better than bobbing up and down outside Dun Laoghaire on a sunny day!

Then we went off on an excursion on a walk - time to guess where - it is an easy one.

The weather thread - Page 5 Cimg0011
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:04 pm

johnfás wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

My girlfriend sails - I get to be the first mate! Very Happy Nothing better than bobbing up and down outside Dun Laoghaire on a sunny day!

Ah, sure that's the life.

Quote :
Then we went off on an excursion on a walk - time to guess where - it is an easy one.

The weather thread - Page 5 Cimg0011

You went for a walk? Based on your location and that photo, I'd guess the Dublin Mountains?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next