Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Really? Do you live on cmapus? Do you like the new plans? I'm not out in Belfield usually. Trinners and NUI Maynooth would be my more familiar stomping ground.

No don't live on campus, just went and had a gander at the plans for the rebuilding when they were open to students to look at. I don't even attend at UCD anymore - just make use of the library facilities! I graduated last year and now I'm in DIT struggling through a Post Graduate Law Diploma designed as an accelerator into being a Solicitor for those who are non law graduates. I'm up in UCD all the time at the moment though studying as lectures are finished - DIT library is soooo bad.

New plans look good, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm

johnfás wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Really? Do you live on cmapus? Do you like the new plans? I'm not out in Belfield usually. Trinners and NUI Maynooth would be my more familiar stomping ground.

No don't live on campus, just went and had a gander at the plans for the rebuilding when they were open to students to look at. I don't even attend at UCD anymore - just make use of the library facilities! I graduated last year and now I'm in DIT struggling through a Post Graduate Law Diploma designed as an accelerator into being a Solicitor for those who are non law graduates. I'm up in UCD all the time at the moment though studying as lectures are finished - DIT library is soooo bad.

New plans look good, in my opinion.

Good stuff. Best of luck with that Law degree. You can become legal advisor here yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:37 am

And here's the weather for tomorrow:

The weather thread - Page 3 Nat01_weather

Umbrellas at the ready, lads and lasses!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:04 am

Rain or Cold ?

Would you rather it was raining and cold or dry and warm ?

I'm undecided on that.

But both together sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:07 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Rain or Cold ?

Would you rather it was raining and cold or dry and warm ?

I'm undecided on that.

But both together sucks.

I prefer rain, that's why I want to live on Ferenginar. Dry weather and blue skies are so boring, I like watching interesting grey clouds slowly approach and slowly begin to darken the sky and start to rain.

As I said before, I like the sound of rain. It's so melodic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 am

The sun is cheery but I like all weather.

I don't like heavy frost for driving and snow reminds me of a someone I used to be fond of so it makes me a little sad. Otherwise all weather has its merits.

Stomping in puddles is even more fun as you get older. Though it's a pain when it's not Mammy who's doing the washing afterwards.

Rain is underrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:13 am

Kate P wrote:

Rain is underrated.

I fully agree with you. Don't you love looking at it falling on puddles and watching the ripples caused by the same event?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:18 am

All rain is not the same. I like the big fat drops that splat like you describe there. It's only the fat-splat ones that ripple well.

A decent, heavy shower of rain is very satisfying for the soul -- whether out in it or looking out at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:20 am

Kate P wrote:
All rain is not the same. I like the big fat drops that splat like you describe there. It's only the fat-splat ones that ripple well.

A decent, heavy shower of rain is very satisfying for the soul -- whether out in it or looking out at it.

The rain I don't like is the soft, almost insidious rain which seems alright when you're out in it, you feel that you'll just be a bit damp coming in. This hope dies the moment you're in the door and you realise you've been soaked.

Other rain is good, though.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am

You guys are weird......Rain freaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

The rain I don't like is the soft, almost insidious rain which seems alright when you're out in it, you feel that you'll just be a bit damp coming in. This hope dies the moment you're in the door and you realise you've been soaked.

You mean when you discover your hair is dripping into your eyes and you thought it was fine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:28 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
You guys are weird......Rain freaks.

Hey, EvotingMachine, don't rain on out parade!

Oh wait, go on, actually!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

You mean when you discover your hair is dripping into your eyes and you thought it was fine?

The very one. I hate the cold, wet feeling you get from it. There's a mad dash for a good towel when that happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:36 am

What amazes me is how people are so anxious to get in out of the rain.

No one ever died of rain.

I say rain-walking should be made compulsory for miserable gits. It's immensely cheering. Puddle jumping too.

And there's a certain satisfaction in cold wet legs just below the end of the raincoat and dripping into your rubber boots.

Definitely underrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 am

Kate P wrote:

I say rain-walking should be made compulsory for miserable gits. It's immensely cheering. Puddle jumping too.

And there's a certain satisfaction in cold wet legs just below the end of the raincoat and dripping into your rubber boots.

Definitely underrated.

Does moonlight count as weather? It is bright enough to read by here tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:41 am

Kate P wrote:

Definitely underrated.

I understand Kate P.

Here's a pic of some rain to cheer you:

The weather thread - Page 3 Rain_Forest_Tropic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:43 am

Had to turn off all the lights to check the moon here - it's very bright but in the wrong place for me...

Moonlight does count as weather, Mood weather especially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:45 am

Kate P wrote:
Had to turn off all the lights to check the moon here - it's very bright but in the wrong place for me...

Moonlight does count as weather, Mood weather especially.

The moon affects the sea by creating tides. That affects the weather by influencing where water is distributed, it's definitely kosher in a weather thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 am

I used to live in Bavaria and it took me a while to get used to the weather: I lived on the Tegernsee at the foot of the mountains and sometimes out of nowhere (it didn't even have to be particularly muggy) the rain would come. The clouds snuck up.

Over time I figured it out. First the birds stopped singing. Then the leaves started to rustle on the trees. Then the clouds would arrive. Then you were soaked to the skin. All in the space of 5 mins.

It was rather awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:55 am

My old Bavarian German lass claimed she could smell the onset of snow Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 am

After that lovely sunny day we had today, the rain gurus among you will be glad to know it has just started pissing in Portmarnock.

I should have got some spring weed & feed onto the lawn I suppose...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Rain-free for about two days now! I want rain now, melikes this sun and dryness not! It's so boring!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:52 pm

We had pretty heavy rain from the middle of the afternoon yesterday into the evening - and had no rain for days and days before - I've been out with the watering can for the last fortnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
We had pretty heavy rain from the middle of the afternoon yesterday into the evening - and had no rain for days and days before - I've been out with the watering can for the last fortnight.

Have you heard that we're supposed to have a wet Summer this year, Kate P? I kinda hope so, it was lovely last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Weather for tomorrow:

The weather thread - Page 3 Nat01_weather

Lots of rain it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next