Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 pm

There is a generation of young surfers and sail boarders out there now in Ireland who are from completely different backgrounds. Perhaps some of them may want to move on to sailing, when their old bones begin to creak.

Moorings are a problem too, aren't they?

But we have so much wonderful coast line, we should be a nation of sailors.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:50 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Precipitation levels

Shocked

There was a blip just after the Second World War too if that's accurate. Anything to do with anything?

The trend seems to be generally up over the last 100 years but has the level of scientific observation and data collection been consistent throughout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:34 am

The precipitation level here is precipitate. I've just got home from a 5 hour drive up and down winding wet roads: coming over the brow of a hill the entire landscape seemed to be covered in mushroom soup; a low brown/grey cloud cover sitting on the fields and hills. Driving into it, it was a vertical wall of water, with sheets of water running down the roads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 am

All calm on my front. I hear it is very wet down in Bray at the moment. Localised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:08 am

johnfás wrote:
All calm on my front. I hear it is very wet down in Bray at the moment. Localised.

Very wet here too. The golf course is ROONT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:12 am

cactus flower wrote:
The precipitation level here is precipitate. I've just got home from a 5 hour drive up and down winding wet roads: coming over the brow of a hill the entire landscape seemed to be covered in mushroom soup; a low brown/grey cloud cover sitting on the fields and hills. Driving into it, it was a vertical wall of water, with sheets of water running down the roads.

Were you in the Midlands this evening too? Practically swam home in twice the time - driving slowly in heavy rain is very tiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 am

It is wet here now, but nothing to write home about. I'm jealous of the weather you are having Kate.

Best rain experience I've had was in a tent in the Black Forest in Germany. Eighty per cent of the camp site was wiped out during the night. We were in the lucky twenty, owing to our position at the top of the hill. It was like watching something out of a disaster zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am

It was about three years ago I went on a date and circumstances transpired that we had to walk home. It was one of those lovely summer nights where it never really gets dark and we were just oiled enough so it all seemed like a good idea.
And it was until the sky started to cloud over, then it started to rattle, then flash and then it broke and there was about a 15-20 torrent of rain. By the time we realised it we were already soaked but spent the remainder of the time huddled together under a tree snogging like teenagers. It was terribly exciting and romantic. It all ended in tears but despite that that one monent is a great memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:15 pm

It is rather murky here. Very dark clouds are hanging over us. No sun, lots of rain and a prospect for yet more. My plans for doing stuff outside have been sharply constrained. Still, the sound of rain is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is rather murky here. Very dark clouds are hanging over us. No sun, lots of rain and a prospect for yet more. My plans for doing stuff outside have been sharply constrained. Still, the sound of rain is pretty good.

Lashing rain all day today, Ard. no need to go to www.aerlingus.com now. Homesickness cured Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Lashing rain all day today, Ard. no need to go to www.aerlingus.com now. Homesickness cured Cool

Great. Perhaps the skies over the Helvetic Federation are mourning the impending death of UBS. I'm very sorry to see it go. I'm an old-fashioned sort that liked the sort of omnibus banks of which UBS was part. Now it's all break up this and spin off that.

It's very very wet here. I planned to go into Town today but I don't feel like getting soaked while being out and about. I much prefer looking out at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:46 pm

It seems the wind is kicking up a fuss according to the wind-power stats from Eirgrid(btw, resident Irish experts, should that not be Éirgrid?)

The weather thread - Page 21 Wind_gen_12_Aug_2008_15_30
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Great. Perhaps the skies over the Helvetic Federation are mourning the impending death of UBS. I'm very sorry to see it go. I'm an old-fashioned sort that liked the sort of omnibus banks of which UBS was part. Now it's all break up this and spin off that.

It's very very wet here. I planned to go into Town today but I don't feel like getting soaked while being out and about. I much prefer looking out at it.

Don't write off UBS just yet, Ard. It might surprise you.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Right. Enough is enough. Evil or Very Mad

I demand to know where all this fucking rain is coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

yeah, we're sick of home too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I have given up and headed back to base camp. Bet the weather in ireland now improves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:34 pm

There is a greenish glimmer that might mean the cloud is thinning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Well, it's outlook is rather grim at the moment, so it's looking highly likely that it'll be carved up for the vultures of capitalism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm

This is what I said about the prospects for this year’s Summer…

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
How long have we had this stunning weather for now? This time last year we were at the end of a period of global warming and the onset of global flooding began around the same era and lasted for 65 consecutive days in Dublin apparently. I can' remember how bad the west was but it must have been at least twice as worse as Dublin. I think we had four months of rain down here in June and July last year...

Well, afaicr, May of last year was very nice and sunny. Perhaps we're heading for a re-run of last year. In that case we'll need a big marquee if we're going to ahve the 100 day party in the beer garden of the Sibín.

And this was Edo’s reaction…

Edo wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Edo wrote:
Yep -enjoy it while you can - before Monsoon season kicks in sometime in June and the clouds wont break until September.

Edo, is this the first time we're in general agreement about something?

This and Europe - Yep Its a bit freaky on my end too Very Happy

It seems the two of us were rather prescient in our meteorological musings back then in May!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Well, it's outlook is rather grim at the moment, so it's looking highly likely that it'll be carved up for the vultures of capitalism.

Indeed the vultures are circling. But the body is not yet a corpse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Indeed the vultures are circling. But the body is not yet a corpse.

I hope not. I like the old banking conglomerates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:19 am

A beautiful sunny morning in London but with - dare I say it? - an almost autumnal nip in the air. Dew still on the grass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Rain. All. Day. Crying or Very sad Expected to improve tomorrow and Sunday should be sunny and 26 degrees. And the highlight of the Olympics, the women's shot-putt, gets underway tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Rain. All. Day. Crying or Very sad Expected to improve tomorrow and Sunday should be sunny and 26 degrees. And the highlight of the Olympics, the women's shot-putt, gets underway tomorrow.

Musical chairs slim buddha.

Last country to have rain this summer, gets to keep it for the winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next