Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Why not eh? I don't know about the rest of ye but the weather here has been stunning lately but it's due to cool down over the weekend. Evelyn Cusack on the Six One News this evening depicted Ireland today and tomorrow as receiving Spanish warm airflow directly from the south which is why it will be balmy tomorrow like it was today but at the weekend there will be a sudden dramatic shift in airflow coming from the north which will freeze the bollix off everyone. I thought it looked like a dramatic changeover on the news anyway.

This is from a thread on thepropertypin when there was a storm recently where they have included a lot of good weather-related sites in there for any other anorak-wearers on MN today.

http://www.irlweather.com/wdl.html

http://leinster.earth.prohosting.com/

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to improve navigability.)
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Just in from the garden and it is very summery, the daffodills a little droopy from the warmth. They will prefer snow.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Soft day Thank God. Basketball
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Just got all the washing in before a heavy sunshower. That's two weekends in a row - I'm feeling very domestic goddessy. The calves think they're on the Costa Brava, soaking the sun in that trashy, greedy way that tourists sometimes do. Now the sun is shining and all is well for planting out lilac.

My daffodils have mostly died back - I've been deadheading the yellow ones this morning with my 18 month old niece who thinks it's hilarious and doesn't realise that there's no point in shaking the apple trees until there are apples on them. But the white ones and double-headed daffs are braving it out now.

And I saw a pair of wasps in the lavender this morning...

I love this time of year.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:36 pm

I've spent the morning in the greenhouse planting seeds. I had to step outside several times because the heat in there was getting too much, even with the doors open. The cat, however, loved it.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:29 am

Greenhouses - lovely. Looks like it could be shaping up for another lovely day today here in the west - one of a good few we've had recently actually - put em all together and it's called Summer. Remember last April ? (when revelations about Bertie's money started to flood out? ) there were days of 26 degree heat if I remember right. It lasted nearly 6 weeks. That was our summer - the calendar one was cak - start swimming while you can while the summer's heeere ..

The weather thread Nat00_weather
Wrong so far... no rain in Clare nor cloud just rock-breaking sunshine - 10.30 in the morning

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The time)
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Greenhouses - lovely. Looks like it could be shaping up for another lovely day today here in the west - one of a good few we've had recently actually - put em all together and it's called Summer. Remember last April ? (when revelations about Bertie's money started to flood out? ) there were days of 26 degree heat if I remember right. It lasted nearly 6 weeks. That was our summer - the calendar one was cak - start swimming while you can while the summer's heeere ..

The weather thread Nat00_weather
Wrong so far... no rain in Clare nor cloud just rock-breaking sunshine - 10.30 in the morning

Dull, wet and windy here.

I do remember last April and a particularly enjoyable day spent doing touristy things with some friends in the city center. And getting sunburnt while eating icecream in Stephen's green.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 pm

We had horizontal sleet today in the southeast - how about you? rendeer santa
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:34 am

santa yep a few inches of snow and Mass from St Pauls in Rome on Radio 4 this morning, felt like Christmas morning! rendeer

Snowed all through the morning and well into the afternoon. AND what wonderful protests in London today, don't care which particular groups they're from, am glad they did it. cheers
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:39 am

Atticus wrote:
santa yep a few inches of snow and Mass from St Pauls in Rome on Radio 4 this morning, felt like Christmas morning! rendeer

Snowed all through the morning and well into the afternoon. AND what wonderful protests in London today, don't care which particular groups they're from, am glad they did it. cheers

Just so. They are not going to go away.

Minus 4 in London tonight we heard?
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:44 am

To be -4 here tonight. Lovely day in the Midlands today - cold but sunny with lots of hail showers. Hoping to wake up to snow. santa
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 am

Went to vigil Mass tonight. The cold was like all the way back in January. The fire was blazing in the front room when I came back and I actually appreciated it for the first time in ages. Climate change dulls the attractiveness of an open fire, I must say!

Wrap up everybody. It's gonna be a cold night!
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:05 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Went to vigil Mass tonight. The cold was like all the way back in January. The fire was blazing in the front room when I came back and I actually appreciated it for the first time in ages. Climate change dulls the attractiveness of an open fire, I must say!

Wrap up everybody. It's gonna be a cold night!

But cosy under a nice warm laptop. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 am

We rarely escape the ravages of a cold snap here but this morning is as mild and spring-like as a body could wish for - apart from the merest dusting of snow on the roof (nowhere else) of my car.

So much for waking up to a winter wonderland. Grrr.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Summer has well and truly begun. I'm sitting in the garden with the marjoram wilting beside me in its pot (if it's time to get the watering can out, then summer has truly arrived!). There are eight month-old calves panned out in the sunshine opposite me and the birdies are twittering. It's warm enough to sit in a t-shirt.

Oh what a beautiful afternoon...!
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Kate P wrote:
Summer has well and truly begun. I'm sitting in the garden with the marjoram wilting beside me in its pot (if it's time to get the watering can out, then summer has truly arrived!). There are eight month-old calves panned out in the sunshine opposite me and the birdies are twittering. It's warm enough to sit in a t-shirt.

Yup, looks lovely... out the library window Sad
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 pm

johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

And out of the office window...
But nearly 5.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 pm

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

And out of the office window...
But nearly 5.

I'll be here til dark - better but the Machine Nation kettle on.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Poor you!

You know you need a break and the fresh air would do you good...

Kettle on meanwhile, as requested.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 pm

I've got a driving exam coming up so I'll be spending my afternoon reversing around corners and running over old people rather than relaxing in the conservatory. I win.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Had one of those about an hour ago - bought myself some Minstrels and wandered around the Belfield lake and back - was marvellous!

Just have to read a chapter on the free movement of European Citizens, do a past paper question and then I'll meander my way home on the bicycle.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 pm

905 wrote:
I've got a driving exam coming up so I'll be spending my afternoon reversing around corners and running over old people rather than relaxing in the conservatory. I win.

I always think reversing around a corner is the most pointless manouvre. When would you use it in reality? So dangerous! I think the point of it is to test your ability to do difficult manouvres but surely parallel parking would be more beneficial for the test - at least it's something one does regularly!

Where you sitting the test?
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Afternoon is the worst time to practice your driving. Far too many small people about, playing on reversing corners. Have some sun-time instead!

sunny

A hole has grown in the exhaust pipe of my car over the weekend and I sound like I should be in the Wacky Races - or have the agility to hop in the window instead of opening the door. I'm avoiding driving till it's mended tomorrow.

When we built our house - almost three years old now - I was a bit fanatical about the aspect. I'm glad I was because we have sun in the kitchen all day and in the living room all evening. Even in the depths of winter we get the best of the day's sun in the living areas. It's the best building decision we made.

I used to spend a couple of weeks each year with friends near Gothenburg whose kitchen table was in front of French doors. In the afternoons we'd eat cinnamon buns and drink Earl Grey tea and look out at the deer eating her roses not three feet away. Inspired by them, our kitchen table is in front of French doors and I never sit down here in the sun without thinking of old friends.
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Sounds idyllic Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Kate P wrote:
I used to spend a couple of weeks each year with friends near Gothenburg whose kitchen table was in front of French doors. In the afternoons we'd eat cinnamon buns and drink Earl Grey tea and look out at the deer eating her roses not three feet away. Inspired by them, our kitchen table is in front of French doors and I never sit down here in the sun without thinking of old friends.

Mmm, rosy venison...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The weather thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next