Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Anyone get any bargains lately ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Anyone get any bargains lately ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 am

Tonight, I just picked up a copy of Grand Theft Auto III for PS2 in Tescos for €7. Runs perfectly on the PS3.

Bargain !

It's quite hard to find a bargain these days, if you found one, post it up !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:38 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Tonight, I just picked up a copy of Grand Theft Auto III for PS2 in Tescos for €7. Runs perfectly on the PS3.

Bargain !

I've heard of cheaper. Grand theft Auto III is a very old game afterall. Try gamespot on Henry street from some nice PS2 titles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:22 pm

I got a pair of Hugo Boss runners/shoes in Dundrum for €70, reduced from €140. They are not quite chav-tastic but I am getting there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 pm

riadach wrote:

Bargain !

I've heard of cheaper. Grand theft Auto III is a very old game afterall. Try gamespot on Henry street from some nice PS2 titles.
That's a classic game - if it was Vice City it would pratically be a giveaway. Play that then try to get VC - what an all-time classic game - the radio station satire and music you'll love as you like 80s stuff. I got San Andreas for PC for €20 but it isn't as classic a piece of satire as VC. The whole series tries to be critical of American society I believe while celebrating some of the better things about it. Anyway this is not a thread about this kind of thing, sorry.

I got a Tevion DVD player for €95 from Aldi with nearly 3 hours battery life - handy if you're bored on a plane journey on holidays. I watch the X-files on it, the whole series which I bought for 100 quid a couple of months ago. If you are into your television series boxsets (they can make great presents too, as everyone usually has one or two favourites) then Xtravision are selling seasons of this that and the other for €15, so you can get Will and Grace for that price among others like Seinfeld, Sex and the City etc. Star Trek Next Generation I got for €20 a season and I'm going to keep them while on boring bus or plane journeys.

All I need is a decent solar panel to be able to power the DVD player when I need to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
riadach wrote:

Bargain !

That's a classic game - if it was Vice City it would pratically be a giveaway. Play that then try to get VC - what an all-time classic game - the radio station satire and music you'll love as you like 80s stuff. I got San Andreas for PC for €20 but it isn't as classic a piece of satire as VC. The whole series tries to be critical of American society I believe while celebrating some of the better things about it. Anyway this is not a thread about this kind of thing, sorry.

I got a Tevion DVD player for €95 from Aldi with nearly 3 hours battery life - handy if you're bored on a plane journey on holidays. I watch the X-files on it, the whole series which I bought for 100 quid a couple of months ago. If you are into your television series boxsets (they can make great presents too, as everyone usually has one or two favourites) then Xtravision are selling seasons of this that and the other for €15, so you can get Will and Grace for that price among others like Seinfeld, Sex and the City etc. Star Trek Next Generation I got for €20 a season and I'm going to keep them while on boring bus or plane journeys.

All I need is a decent solar panel to be able to power the DVD player when I need to.

Could handing over hard earned cash for the underlined above be termed a bargain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Oh don't get me started on sex and the city. Paid 120€ for the entire box set for an ex for christmas. The week later we broke up. I was livid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm

riadach wrote:
Oh don't get me started on sex and the city. Paid 120€ for the entire box set for an ex for christmas. The week later we broke up. I was livid.
If you bought me a box set of Sex and the city I'd break up with you too. I picked up a nifty pair of cuff links for half price at €90. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:23 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
If you bought me a box set of Sex and the city I'd break up with you too. I picked up a nifty pair of cuff links for half price at €90.

IT WAS MUTUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Though I am starting to think the whole relationship was a six month charade to get the box set off me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:36 am

riadach wrote:

Though I am starting to think the whole relationship was a six month charade to get the box set off me.
Well he wasn't with you for the beard. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:43 am

*Insert inappropriate sexually connotated joke here*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 am

riadach wrote:
*Insert inappropriate sexually connotated joke here*
*insert counter with badly veiled innuendo*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:25 am

Don't forget a bargain is only a bargain if you need it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:41 am

Squire wrote:
Don't forget a bargain is only a bargain if you need it.

I should get that tatooed on my wallet hand, Squire. Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:53 pm

If you go to Guinness Summer Website you can get yourself a free barbeque tools set... of course I have probably also sold my address to them...

Anyone get any bargains lately ? Bbqrn0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:57 pm

johnfás wrote:
If you go to Guinness Summer Website you can get yourself a free barbeque tools set... of course I have probably also sold my address to them...

Anyone get any bargains lately ? Bbqrn0

They look deadly. I can never say no to brushed metal finishes. I think I might get them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 am

I got a new laptop at the Harvey Norman sale last Saturday for 549 reduced from 999. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:58 am

kn wrote:
I got a new laptop at the Harvey Norman sale last Saturday for 549 reduced from 999. What a Face

You were talking to freedomlover about that. Well done for doing your bit to sustain Irish consumer spending this year. You single-handedly averted our recession. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:05 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
kn wrote:

You were talking to freedomlover about that. Well done for doing your bit to sustain Irish consumer spending this year. You single-handedly averted our recession. Wink

Damn, I should have gone up North to get one. My spending only brings cheer to the economy - and I can't have that! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:07 am

kn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
kn wrote:

Damn, I should have gone up North to get one. My spending only brings cheer to the economy - and I can't have that! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, wouldn't it be ironic if electronic sales were the ones to pull up retail sales in the next month of CSO data? I'll be coming out of my semi-P.ieretirement to slag you about that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 am

Got a new hoover in Argos in Belfast for 59.99 stg last week (76 euro on the credit card) the cost in Dublin was 150 euro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:17 am

johnfás wrote:
Got a new hoover in Argos in Belfast for 59.99 stg last week (76 euro on the credit card) the cost in Dublin was 150 euro.

Traitor! Twisted Evil Guards, seize him! *points imperiously*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Traitor! Twisted Evil Guards, seize him! *points imperiously*

The traitors are the so and soes who are ripping us off here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm

johnfás wrote:
of course I have probably also sold my address to them...

You have indeed, and Guinness are notorious marketing HOORS! They'll have you plagued with rubbish. I even get a birthday card from then now after signing up for something in Kennys in Lucan a few years ago. I get a free pint every now and then. I don't drink Guinness and I don't drink in Kennys. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:55 pm

4GB USB key ... €9.95 - thought it was good enough to buy a second one. (Media Markt, Las Palmas G.C.)

I also picked up a portable battery for 50 quid. It has four hours life for a laptop (apparently) and can charge your mobile phone 50 times or something - I don't know what longevity it has for a portable DVD player but I'll find out on the boat back from Spain
pirat

If I could get a good portable solar panel to power up the battery in 3 hours I'd be away in a hack ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 pm

I went into Tescos the other day for a nice cold bottle of Sprite ® and came out with a new laptop Very Happy (Acer) for 370 quid. I have my old one a year now and cost me 640 (Toshiba). They have the same specs, more or less except the processor in the new one is 2Ghz whereas the old one is 1.7, both Celeron. 80GB hard drives are more than enough for me and anyhow I have a 500GB yoke as well in case I need to store loads of anything. Solid state hard drives are surely about to make their entry anytime soon - can't wait can't wait can't wait! What would be good to see is the Terabyte (1000 GB) hard-drive unit which keeps all your music (and DVD?) collection in a corner of your sitting room and comes with a remote control etc. Sounds expensive but I've seen them for as little as 100 quid, though only half a terabyte. Trouble is burning all your DVDs on.

Are films going to come in solid memory anytime soon? Less battery wastage if the portable DVD player could load USB keys. There's a cheap portable DVD player also in Tescos for 75 euro too - good for keeping the kids quiet in the back of the car on the way down to Kerry for the summer holliers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get any bargains lately ?   Anyone get any bargains lately ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone get any bargains lately ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Business and Finance :: Economy, Business and Finance-
Jump to: