Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Thank God it's Friday !

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:10 am

Gerry Ryan presenting the Late Late Show. Pat Kenny's mother died this week/today seemingly.

I dislike Gerry Ryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:10 am

Ah I know Majella O'Donnell though. She is a nice lady.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:11 am

johnfás wrote:
Gerry Ryan presenting the Late Late Show. Pat Kenny's mother died this week/today seemingly.

I dislike Gerry Ryan.

hmm. The impulse to dislike Gerry Ryan is irresistible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Mmmmmmm spaghetti bol!!! Yummy!

Are you a make all the sauce yourself person, or a sauce from a jar person?

Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 Tomatina_wideweb__430x297,0

We like to make it ourselves cherry

Good stuff cactus, all things going well, I'll be going to Carlingford on either Sunday or Monday of the long weekend for a trip. It's a beautiful part of the country with which I want to reacquaint myself.

The pots are bubbling and the tomatus are exploding. Carlingford would have a lough, yes?

It would indeed, it's a gorgeous little bite of the great Irish Sea. Carlingford is on the best side of the Cooley peninsula. It is the only place in the country which has plucked my urbane heart-strings. I'm seriously contemplating buying a holiday home up there.

If memory serves me right, Ard, there is a great deli in Carlingford with a cafè attached to it. Am I right?

I think you are and I shall visit said deli on my lovely long weekend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:16 am

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

I dislike Gerry Ryan.

hmm. The impulse to dislike Gerry Ryan is irresistible.

He always wants to interview himself, rather than the interviewee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Friday, and my husband has it in his mind to cook spag. bol. and light a fire

Excellent Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Sounds nice... but can the man cook and can the man light a fire?

Do you not often have a fire? You'll have to come over here every day in the winter for your fill up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Excellent Very Happy

Hey thats my Saturday treat for the family. Extra tomatoey.
Wont make it this weekend though as I have to work all Saturday and Sunday again Crying or Very sad

I would love a pint right now. Its Friday I deserve it, but I cant just go out. Maybe tomorrow night.

Going home now. Have a nice weekend.

May the government fall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Spag bol ... yum yum yum. I sometimes put grated cheese into mine, plenty of mushrooms, a half bar of chocolate and some cream. Yum yum yum.

May the government fall.

Do FG really want to take up the twitching, blackening semi-corpse that is the Irish economy and try to breathe life into it cpr style ? Yuck yuck yuck

Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 CEU519

A Taoiseach in Trouble - The Economist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Fine Gael's best bet is to have this Government survive for about another year. At least then they have some chance of being in power for the beginning of the much lauded, but perhaps unwisely anticipated, upturn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:52 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Excellent Very Happy

May I recommend Bunalun crushed tomatoes and tomato puree for the sauce?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Aragon wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Excellent Very Happy

May I recommend Bunalun crushed tomatoes and tomato puree for the sauce?

I liked their fruit juice (they're based in Cork or Kerry aren't they?), but isn't it quite expensive?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 am

No - just local tomatoes and onions, oregano, salt and pepper, and then mixed beef/pork mince and tallarines.
Also throw some of the water you cooked the pasta in, into the sauce and as a rule there is no limit to how many tomatoes you want to put it. I always throw in some butter in the pasta when its drained and hot as well.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Happy Friday.

I'm off home now to read the papers Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:56 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Happy Friday.

I'm off home now to read the papers Smile

Good man - keep paying your tax - I might need that in another month or so. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 pm

I have the flu, I think either the dog or the girlfriend gave it to me, so don't any of ye dare 'happy' me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:12 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
I have the flu, I think either the dog or the girlfriend gave it to me, so don't any of ye dare 'happy' me...

Sorry to hear that TA. I've had a killer sore throat this week. Same bug? Couldn't find any aspro, so took an aulin - happy as larry and it did the trick I think as I was able to keep swallowing it got better quickly.
Hope you feel well soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:20 pm

cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Sorry to hear that TA. I've had a killer sore throat this week. Same bug? Couldn't find any aspro, so took an aulin - happy as larry and it did the trick I think as I was able to keep swallowing it got better quickly.
Hope you feel well soon.

An aulin? Never heared of one of dem before...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Hope you feel well soon.

Thanking you kindly... It's prob just a bad head cold, but I'm milking it for all the sympathy it's worth with herself, not that it's getting me anywhere...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Aragon wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Hope you feel well soon.

An aulin? Never heared of one of dem before...?
Script only I think. You could saw your leg off with a rusty hacksaw on them yokes. In the news last year IIRC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Oh the dangers of self-medication What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:10 am

I have a nasty sore throat too and a nasty cough - which I'm telling myself isn't a result of spending too much time cold in the garden last weekend after the sun went in. Crying or Very sad

I'm sucking strepsils and will get med of some kind later.I can't afford to lose my voice though this morning I'm doing a mean Bonnie Tyler impression. Was quite diverted in the car last night to hear just how badly out of tune I can sing in my current state. I should audition for one of those reality programmes...

Aulin? Isn't that a paint stripper, cactus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Worse, according to coc. It worked though Very Happy

Salt water gargle works a treat too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank God it's Friday !   Thank God it's Friday ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank God it's Friday !
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2